New cruisers

Loudmouth42069

Hello,

It's been a long time, around 10 years, since I've been on a cruise, and this will be my wife's first. We will be going on Royal Caribbeans Odyssey of the seas to their private island perfect day at Cocoa Bay, Falmouth Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti on a 6-day cruise. Just wanted to see what tips and tricks were out there for new cruisers in this day and age on Royal Caribbean. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Loudmouth42069 said:

Hello,

It's been a long time, around 10 years, since I've been on a cruise, and this will be my wife's first. We will be going on Royal Caribbeans Odyssey of the seas to their private island perfect day at Cocoa Bay, Falmouth Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti on a 6-day cruise. Just wanted to see what tips and tricks were out there for new cruisers in this day and age on Royal Caribbean. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Odyssey of the Seas is a wonderful ship and has lots to offer and many unique venues:  Flowrider, IFly, indoor SeaPlex, NorthStar, 270, the Royal Esplanade, Solarium, Music Hall...just to name a few.  We sailed on the Odyssey on a transatlantic and around the Med last year.  I would highly suggest to watch a review of the Odyssey of the Seas on YouTube. 

Coco Cay and Labadee are Royal Caribbean's private islands.  Both are our favorites...we find a lounger with an umbrella by the beach, get a drink or two, and simply relax.  Coco Cay has the largest swimming pool in the Caribbean...free to use.  All (most) food are free on both Coco Cay and Labadee.  For Falmouth, we have stayed onboard. 

* Agree with CruiserBruce...go and visit the Royal Caribbean forum...happy sailing.

• Thanks 1

Get up early as you're approaching Labadee and get on deck as the sun comes up. It's beautiful and very pretty to see it as you approach....very mountainous and unique. You will get great photos.

go to Cafe 270 (on board) for snacks, desserts, afternoon coffees and treats, grab and go breakfast, etc. its an overlooked small venue that is handy for simple takeaway food.

Do the North Star for photo opps. It's best on a port day. Reservations required. 

The minute you get on ship, make reservations for the Quest. It's a virtual game experience not to be missed....far more fun than it sounds and it fills up immediately for the week. 

Edited by Cruise Kay
  • Thanks 1