Only one ship per day rumor or fact?

phoenix_dream

12 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Hearing the Bonaire port cancelled on at least one cruise being reported due to Bonaire deciding one ship only as of January 1st. Is this fact or rumor?

We are wondering as well.  The only information when doing a search is this one individual.  It does appear that the Rotterdam is going to San Juan instead from the poster that shows all the ships and their ports.  Per cruisemapper there are sill multiple ships shown on many dates in January.  We had a shore excursion booked on our own and I have emailed them to see if they have any information.

I emailed our excursion company in Bonaire and they have not been advised of us missing this port.  The other ship in with us on Jan 27 is a small ship at the smaller pier so they didn't think it would affect us on the Equinox.  Fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

The Nieuw Amsterdam 2/12 sailing was originally scheduled for an overnight in Curacao (2 full days) and it got changed to 1 day in  Bonaire, docking from 3-11:00 (seems like a strange time for a place that is all about beaches and snorkeling/diving) and one day in Curacao. The change was announced a month ago and no shore ex have been posted yet. I wonder if this has something to do with that.

I looked on CruiseMapper. We are the only ship in port at the ABCs during our cruise. Whether that makes the statement an overall fact or not is a different story. You can take a look at CruiseMapper and see how many are at the port each day of a month. 

I looked through August 2023. There are no days with 2 cruise ships in Bonaire.

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 1