Has NCL fulfilled the promise of 6 Litres of water for NCL passengers with the Free At Sea package?

PapaGoose

2 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

You are correct.  But there is also a link for details and following that link, and the links on the page you are borught to finds no discussion of "exclusions" for the water.   So if they are going to claim this date range exclusion, it's not publicized anywhere and that simply isn't right.

Oh, I agree with you 100%.   I think the water promotion was and continues to be badly handled.     The principal of it led me to e-mail VP Guest Services and which led them to gifting me one 6 pack.     Not the four which I was led to believe I was entitled to, but I gladly accepted the offer.   

8 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Check your confirmation. You would receive this via email from NCL (if you booked direct) or from your Personal Cruise Consultant or travel agent, if you booked with them. You can always request a cruise confirmation if you don't have it.

At the top right, if you have the water, it'll say "Water6PK." If not, then you won't receive it. If it's just a screenshot as shown above by @ziggyuk, then you may or may not. As an example, my NCL.com account shows what they posted. I highly doubt I'll receive the water, because 1) we booked outside the 9/14 - 12/15 window, 2) my confirmation does not have "Water6PK" on it. 

Good luck! 

I booked Nov 26,2022 and my confirmation does not have Water6PK on it but all the other info on my account shows we get the water 

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

You are correct.  But there is also a link for details and following that link, and the links on the page you are borught to finds no discussion of "exclusions" for the water.   So if they are going to claim this date range exclusion, it's not publicized anywhere and that simply isn't right.

I agree.  I just booked like 10 days ago.  If the promotion was over, why did it state that I would get the water?

On 1/12/2023 at 1:32 PM, curious_me said:

Same, with the FAS the waters looks like the only thing the kids are included in.

My vacation add-on has been updated to reflect only my spouse and I as receiving the (6) 1L Flow waters. Have you looked at yours lately? Seems the kids aren’t eligible after all and my first instinct was correct.

2 hours ago, PNWMomma said:

My vacation add-on has been updated to reflect only my spouse and I as receiving the (6) 1L Flow waters. Have you looked at yours lately? Seems the kids aren’t eligible after all and my first instinct was correct.

I only got 6 total for my cabin with 3 pax. It was a good amount for us, so I never inquired if I could or couldn’t get additional per the offer. 

In a word NO. recently come off the Jade on 14 January sailing and queried the 6 bottles of flow water advertised with the free at sea promotion. Was told it wasn’t part of my deal, even though we sailed after 1 January 2023. They said it was for BOOKINGS after 1 January. Whether this was true or not I couldn’t say as I found that NCL were very evasive at answering direct questions on this particular cruise. It was our first time with NCL, sailed with other lines, but can’t say I was overly impressed with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a back to back on the Gem on 12/24 nine days after the change to open bar ended. (Or did it? When did they add the restrictions?) The first leg the six cartons were in the room.

I remember seeing this change that adds the six cartons but I never saw the booking period date range. I have a March cruise I booked in Oct. where I see the six cartons as an addon but nothing in my confirmation or amenities list.

There were other screw ups on the second leg of the back to back which I won’t go into but the cartons didn’t show up when I changed cabins. After visiting guest services over five days talking to different people and being extremely frustrated I FINALLY got someone who actually knew about the change and pointed out I booked after the “promo” ended. He could not explain why I received the water on the first leg.

I was told different things by different people that it’s clear they need to layoff (if they haven’t already) most of their marketing/sales people and keep things simple. There are just so many points of frustrations with NCL that I’m going to cruise somewhere else.

5 hours ago, mistertomatoe said:

There are just so many points of frustrations with NCL that I’m going to cruise somewhere else.

Good luck, but don’t expect anything to be different unless you are on a luxury line. 

We were on the Prima sailing January 29. We made our reservation November 21st (right in the middle of the required window for the promotion.) Below is an excerpt from my review of that sailing:

The Customer Relations desk people are completely useless with their attitude that the customer is always wrong. Case in point...weeks before boarding, we were told by NCL Customer Service that our reservation qualified for the six cartons of water promotion they were running at the time. In fact, they GUARANTEED that the water would be waiting in our cabin when we boarded. Guess what? No water...not when we boarded, not ever. Going to Customer Relations on board was an exercise in futility. Not only was there a line of about 25 other "satisfied" customers, but upon finally reaching the desk we were flatly told that we did not meet the requirements for the water. When we said our reservation meets every requirement, and were GUARANTEED the water by NCL, we again were flatly told "NO". Our complaint got elevated to a supervisor, who again denied it. Now don't get me wrong. I know it's "just water", but when you're promised something you have a right to expect it. I don't appreciate being lied to by NCL and then made to feel like we were the bad guys.

Following the cruise, I received a survey asking for our thoughts on our cruise. I again told them about the water fiasco. A week later I received a response that said they reviewed our drink package and that we did not qualify for the bottled water. No kidding! I was asking about the CARTONS...not bottles. Amazing how absolutely nobody at NCL knows (or cares) about their own promotion.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, PapaGoose said:

Now that some friends are presently sailing or about to set sail on NCL cruises in 2023, can anybody share whether NCL has honoured the “6 litres of Flow water in your stateroom” at embarkation if you have the Free at Sea perk included for your sailing?

We will be sailing in February, Panama Canal and ABC islands and I am wondering if I’ll have to pre-purchase a water package should NCL rescind the offer. 

We received 12 cartons plus the two small er cartons in January on the Gateway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joken35 said:

We received 12 cartons plus the two small er cartons in January on the Gateway.

Just off the Joy and really was not aware of the water "perk" 3 in the cabin all gold and we had over 20 cartons of "FLOW" water in the room upon check in.

I’m cruising on the Epic in April - booked Sep/21. When this thread started I checked my reservation and it did say in the summary that six cartons would be included. It no longer says that.  There’s also no option to purchase packages of water as there has been in the past. I’ll keep checking back as it’s nice to have a few cartons in the cabin. 

9 hours ago, Bellapug said:

Does this mean we shouldn’t count on this? 😳

3AD4DBD3-BD2C-4AAE-A992-5CAA556888D5.jpeg

Looks like you purchased the water directly from NCL, rather than receiving it through the gimmick they ran Sept - Dec. Since you purchased it, you should receive it...unless NCL is changing providers (but no one knows that). 

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Looks like you purchased the water directly from NCL, rather than receiving it through the gimmick they ran Sept - Dec. Since you purchased it, you should receive it...unless NCL is changing providers (but no one knows that). 

@cruiseny4life No-it was on my app once we booked. Haven’t purchased anything yet. 

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Nope. I have not purchased any water for one of my upcoming cruises, and I also show the 6 cartons of water for both passengers under my included items. Apparently that is how the water shows up if one is entitled to it. 

Screenshot 2023-02-14 101250.png

Edited by vince_g
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bellapug said:

@cruiseny4life No-it was on my app once we booked. Haven’t purchased anything yet. 

7 minutes ago, vince_g said:

Nope. I have not purchased any water for one of my upcoming cruises, and I also show the 6 cartons of water for both passengers under my included items. Apparently that is how the water shows up if one is entitled to it. 

Screenshot 2023-02-14 101250.png

Thanks y'all! That's the first screen grab where I've seen it show up like that. Appreciate you! 

11 hours ago, Bellapug said:

Does this mean we shouldn’t count on this? 😳

3AD4DBD3-BD2C-4AAE-A992-5CAA556888D5.jpeg

This is how it shows on my reservation.  To be honest, I don't expect the water to be there and arguing with guest services will not change that,  I read to many reviews with people getting no where with them

it's crazy to me, from a customer service perspective, that they just aren't giving people the water if they go to GS and ask for them and that they are fighting it THIS HARD with all the "fine print", especially since it is JUST WATER. Honestly, if the FLOW water is so expensive for them that they can't hand out a few bottles of it to angry customers, they need to go back to plastic bottles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1