LIVE- Valiant Lady- 1/14/23-1/22/23

MeganGC1983

37 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Yes, depending on the current promotion, for each $300 bar tab you purchase, you will receive $50-$125 applied to the tab.  So on our most recent cruise, you could purchase the tab for $300 and have $400 show up on your account to be used.   The other thing that makes a bar tab better is the ability to share it.  On Princess, all people of drinking age in a cabin need to buy a drink package or no one gets it.  They do sometimes make exceptions for medical conditions.  On Virgin, if my partner drinks alcohol but I don't, we can buy one bar tab for the cabin and I can use it for a smoothie or cold pressed juice if I wish while my partner can use the same tab for alcohol.  So we buy 1 tab at $300, have $400 applied to the account that we can share.

Most recently the promotion has been a FREE $300 bar tab with cruises of less than 7 days, $600 with cruises of 7-15 days, and that was on top of any other current deals like rebooking on board.  This is good on bookings made thru 1/31/2023  and applies to cruises thru 2023 as well as a few cruises in 2024!   November was declared "Food and drink month" and each cabin booked included a $300 bar tab at no cost.  If you do these bookings with the free bar tab, you can still purchase additional bar tabs with the current $50 bonus.  The bonus amount changes regularly; I've never seen it less than $50 or more than $125  (other than when totally free)

I can see where that would be helpful to some but as a solo cruiser, the sharing thing or having to buy two packages doesn't affect me. On a 7-day cruise it would be $420 ($378 for me) to get the package. 

• Like 4

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I can see where that would be helpful to some but as a solo cruiser, the sharing thing or having to buy two packages doesn't affect me. On a 7-day cruise it would be $420 ($378 for me) to get the package. 

Crazy. I’m sorry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I guess we’ll see how long VV survives with 800 people cruising on a 2,700 passenger ship. 

i've heard the breakeven for them is 750... so hopefully quite a while!  they do seem to get busier on holiday/summer voyages, but they pull back on the event schedule when there are not that many people onboard (presumably so they don't do a show that only 4 people show up to!)

• Like 4