Wifi Minutes?

uneamie

I am wonderng if you can add Wifi minutes without paying for the "upgrade" that charges BOTH people in the room. My husband has no use for it and we do have the Free at sea Minutes but I'd like to have more. The "upgrade charge" is just too pricey. So I'd just like to add some munutes to the free ones I have. 

32 minutes ago, uneamie said:

I am wonderng if you can add Wifi minutes without paying for the "upgrade" that charges BOTH people in the room.

I’ve read on here that only one person may upgrade, not both, and indeed in my account the other day for a cruise later this month, I had the option to upgrade only one of us. Today, it will not let me do that. It’s insane. I will call NCL if need be. Their internet prices are already ridiculous. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

Just use your husband's minutes. all you have to do is log in using his username and password.

Thanks....I intend to use his, but I still want a bit more. Just would like to add maybe 100 minutes to what we have. When I went in to upgrade it was going to charge BOTH of us separately...so that confused me. 

4 hours ago, uneamie said:

I am wonderng if you can add Wifi minutes without paying for the "upgrade" that charges BOTH people in the room. My husband has no use for it and we do have the Free at sea Minutes but I'd like to have more. The "upgrade charge" is just too pricey. So I'd just like to add some munutes to the free ones I have. 

No need to upgrade at all.  300 minutes i way more than enough to get you through a cruise.  Just be sure to completely log off after every session!

12 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

No need to upgrade at all.  300 minutes i way more than enough to get you through a cruise.  Just be sure to completely log off after every session!

You might be right about that.....I just need to check in a few times a day with my son who is taking care of my disabled brother for me and want to make sure I have enough minutes to check FB messages or email. 

In our last cruise, Epic, late 2022, people found they can still get/send gmail emails, just no attachment.  My wife uses gmail, and was able to use it, while connected to NCL intranet (i.e. can also use NCL app, Cruise Critics) but not connected to use up any internet minutes.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, Turtles06 said:

I’ve read on here that only one person may upgrade, not both, and indeed in my account the other day for a cruise later this month, I had the option to upgrade only one of us. Today, it will not let me do that. It’s insane. I will call NCL if need be. Their internet prices are already ridiculous. 

Hi @Turtles06did you ever find out about upgrading one person? 

2 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Hi @Turtles06did you ever find out about upgrading one person? 

The next day, my account again showed the option to only upgrade one person. And it still shows that. This is scrolling down on my Vacation Summary page to Vacation Add-ons.  The one-person option does not exist on the App.  

7 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The next day, my account again showed the option to only upgrade one person. And it still shows that. This is scrolling down on my Vacation Summary page to Vacation Add-ons.  The one-person option does not exist on the App.  

Interesting. A single option is not available on NCL.com under My Vacation/Explore & Plan, but as you said, you can do single option under My Vacation/Summary.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:53 PM, uneamie said:

Thanks....I intend to use his, but I still want a bit more. Just would like to add maybe 100 minutes to what we have. When I went in to upgrade it was going to charge BOTH of us separately...so that confused me. 

You could also use the 300 minutes and see how far it gets you.  If you get to the last day and need more time, just pay for unlimited for the one day you need.

• Like 1

@uneamie NCL's iCafe will happily sell 30, 60 and 100 minutes of extra airtime as add-on to you, especially toward the latter part of any cruise, promotion calling it their disembarkation special.  It was priced something like $1 /min for the smallest plan, 75 cents /min for the larger 60 or 100 minutes - don't quote me on the exact amount they are charging these days ... probably someone else will have the current / latest costs.   After Feb. 1st. - I will know the $$ amount after getting back from the GA.  

And, you can use any available non-refundable OBC to pay for it. 

For voice & text, WiFi calling - it's plentiful if you run low - of course, on sea days and toward the end of the cruise, satellite WiFi internet is the worst onboard b/c about 1/3 to 1/2 of the ship are making plans, reconfirming limo pickup, getting flights online check-in & seat assignments, saying hi to their pet-sitting services, etc. - expect it to be even slower & sluggish ... at least until NCL decide to switch & roll out Starlink (now used on the Breakaway only)

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

@uneamie NCL's iCafe will happily sell 30, 60 and 100 minutes of extra airtime as add-on to you, especially toward the latter part of any cruise, promotion calling it their disembarkation special.  It was priced something like $1 /min for the smallest plan, 75 cents /min for the larger 60 or 100 minutes - don't quote me on the exact amount they are charging these days ... probably someone else will have the current / latest costs.   After Feb. 1st. - I will know the $$ amount after getting back from the GA.  

And, you can use any available non-refundable OBC to pay for it. 

For voice & text, WiFi calling - it's plentiful if you run low - of course, on sea days and toward the end of the cruise, satellite WiFi internet is the worst onboard b/c about 1/3 to 1/2 of the ship are making plans, reconfirming limo pickup, getting flights online check-in & seat assignments, saying hi to their pet-sitting services, etc. - expect it to be even slower & sluggish ... at least until NCL decide to switch & roll out Starlink (now used on the Breakaway only)

Thanks....good info. I didn't know I could buy minutes. I didn't want the unlimited package because they charge for BOTH people in the room.