Upgrade Bid Pending

mertziek

Just now, tsahall01 said:

That usually means that you got an upgrade!!  You should be getting an email soon with the information.  You can also check your cruise summary to see if they assigned you a new cabin

Looks like you got it, also check your other bids if you had any, if one says Pending, and the others are either canceled or cant really remember what it say, the pending one is the one you got. 

19 minutes ago, mertziek said:

I have an upgrade bid in and leave for our cruise on Saturday.  I checked my bid and it says “Pending” with no ability to modify/cancel the bid.  What does it mean?

Don't get excited. "Pending" is the normal state while it waits to be processed. It does not mean that you have won a bid. 

For a Saturday cruise, today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday) is when NCL processes Haven upgrades. Once those are processed, rooms are opened up at lower levels and everyone moves up. If you don't get a confirmation today or tomorrow, you were unsuccessful in your bid. (Note: The latest we have got an upgrade is on a Wednesday for a Sunday departure). 

Bidding will close around Thursday and you will get an email that final upgrades have been transferred to the ship who will do any last minute upgrades onboard,,, if they want to go through the effort. 

As an example, here's my bid status for a cruise in a few months

image.png.c1e68b642dced27d109658b4f92e8850.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Don't get excited. "Pending" is the normal state while it waits to be processed. It does not mean that you have won a bid. 

For a Saturday cruise, today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday) is when NCL processes Haven upgrades. Once those are processed, rooms are opened up at lower levels and everyone moves up. If you don't get a confirmation today or tomorrow, you were unsuccessful in your bid. (Note: The latest we have got an upgrade is on a Wednesday for a Sunday departure). 

Bidding will close around Thursday and you will get an email that final upgrades have been transferred to the ship who will do any last minute upgrades onboard,,, if they want to go through the effort. 

Have won multiple Haven Bids, but  I always have multiple cabin bids, so when 1 stays Pending and the rest have expired, I have always won that bid, usually get email and it goes ot processing within a few hours

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tsahall01 said:

That usually means that you got an upgrade!!  You should be getting an email soon with the information.  You can also check your cruise summary to see if they assigned you a new cabin

Not really, I’ve had a bid showing that for 45 days, it doesn’t mean anything about your bid being successful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

Not really, I’ve had a bid showing that for 45 days, it doesn’t mean anything about your bid being successful. 

You are right!  I got pending mixed up with processing!  Blonde Senior Moment (double whammy!) Hope OP gets his upgrade!

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

The OP said he is leaving on Saturday and that he now is no longer able to modify his bid. Again, I have won several Haven Bids and every time the day i was awarded first all bids but one would expire and the remaining would say Pending and could not be altered. within 2 hours it went to processing and the  the email sent for the upgrade. I understand 45 days out they all say pending but you also can still modify your bid. I would bet the OP will update saying he won the bid at about 11am 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

The OP said he is leaving on Saturday and that he now is no longer able to modify his bid. Again, I have won several Haven Bids and every time the day i was awarded first all bids but one would expire and the remaining would say Pending and could not be altered. within 2 hours it went to processing and the  the email sent for the upgrade. I understand 45 days out they all say pending but you also can still modify your bid. I would bet the OP will update saying he won the bid at about 11am 

Oh I hope so!  But we are being realistic and will be happy if we stay in our originally booked cabin.  We bid just for fun….I’ll report back if we get upgraded.

Everyone here seems to know a lot about the bidding system, so I hope you don't mind a couple of quick questions.

1. Do I get to keep all of my "free" perks that came with my original booking if I get upgraded?

2. Has anyone received an upgrade not giving the highest bid on the scale they give you?

My possible upgrade bid is for a Penthouse Suite with Balcony (SC) from a Mid Ship Balcony (BB).

Good luck on getting your upgrade!!

10 minutes ago, twinsaj said:

Everyone here seems to know a lot about the bidding system, so I hope you don't mind a couple of quick questions.

1. Do I get to keep all of my "free" perks that came with my original booking if I get upgraded?

2. Has anyone received an upgrade not giving the highest bid on the scale they give you?

My possible upgrade bid is for a Penthouse Suite with Balcony (SC) from a Mid Ship Balcony (BB).

Good luck on getting your upgrade!!

1. Yes. You keep your current promotions. If you pre-paid your daily service charge, there is no additional increase (otherwise you would pay the full suite DSC onboard). If you purchased NCL insurance, there will be an additional charge for insuring the full retail suite room cost. Depending on what you are bidding on, there may be perks that you want to cancel (e.g., if you bought a spa pass, but won a spa room; or for us, cancelling some specialty dining in favor of eating at the Haven restaurant (lobster every night)).

2. Always. We are normally bidding in the minimum to weak range. At the high end of the scale, it would be cheaper to pay retail for the room (i.e., the upgrade cost would exceed what it would have cost to just go and pay for that room class). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, twinsaj said:

Last year we got an upgrade from balcony to club balcony for the min bid of $50 pp. They cancelled the cruise the next day but I still count it as "winning the bid". 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My bid has been “pending” since the day I placed it. So, I think this is one of those situations where it’s the hope that kills you. Haha. 

It is less than 2 weeks from embarkation with 20+ cabins left in the upgrade class. I suppose they have hope for last minute cruisers or more competition for the upgrade. 

Edited by New2cruise2022
  • Like 1