Coral Breeze tours

baileygee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RCmommy said:

You will want the life vest.  It’s a strong current.  

I absolutely hate them for snorkeling.  It seems like this is a thing for these excursions.  I understand they are liable but I also note the guides don't wear life vests which takes the current argument out as if its unsafe, all should wear them.  My husband and I have had this argument with operators especially when we see the guides without them in other areas and now we check before we book.  So Im going to skip this one and save some money.  Thanks for replying.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I absolutely hate them for snorkeling.  It seems like this is a thing for these excursions.  I understand they are liable but I also note the guides don't wear life vests which takes the current argument out as if its unsafe, all should wear them.  My husband and I have had this argument with operators especially when we see the guides without them in other areas and now we check before we book.  So Im going to skip this one and save some money.  Thanks for replying.

You don’t have to wear it in the traditional sense.  You can use it around your waist. If that makes sense?! 

1 hour ago, RCmommy said:

You don’t have to wear it in the traditional sense.  You can use it around your waist. If that makes sense?! 

it does.  But we like diving down to look at stuff plus my husband does free diving and the lifejackets prevent this.  It's ok.  We will snorkel elsewhere.  Plenty of other stuff to do.  🙂

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, baronessk said:

Did you ever find a place to snorkel in Belize WITHOUT the life vest for free diving?  Thanks.

I remember researching about life jackets and every tour stated a life jacket was mandatory.  I thought oh fine we will play along.  Let me tell you, you’ll be pleased you have it.  Where they stop the boats for the sharks and rays the current was very strong.  To mosey along snorkeling you would quickly find yourself far from the boat.  Once you go to the coral it gets even tougher.  Full grown fit men were getting back in the boat like they had just completed a marathon.

Edited by RCmommy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, baronessk said:

Did you ever find a place to snorkel in Belize WITHOUT the life vest for free diving?  Thanks.

they let my husband use his weight vest as a "life jacket".  I tied my life jacket on my foot.  We had zero issues swimming and we are 58 and 59.  We were with a guide along with a couple of others and were breathing fine once we got back on the boat.  They split the groups up so that the more advanced swimmers/snorkelers were together.  And this surprisingly was a ship excursion.  Granted husband is a triathlete and I run and hike a lot.