back to back savings

Lonedaddy

currently booked on grandeur in June Istanbul to Athens.  I booked on board and now this new 2 cat upgrade would be 5 K cheaper.  Also looking at booking the following cruise Athens to Rome. Are there any pricing benefits to the BtB?  I obviusly wont need the dual arifare and pre night on the second cruise and will the OBS be applied to the whole cruise since I haven't rebooked the first cruise (allowed one rebooking?) just curious what others have experienced.

I believer, there is an advantage however I can't really tell you what it is. You can run the numbers if you want.  We have a 22 night cruise scheduled as a single cruise.  If you price it separately and take air fare out of one segment, it will cost about 10% more.  Not sure if it's considered "B2B" since it's offered as a single cruise also.  But it's worth running the numbers. 

Edited by papaflamingo

I met with future cruise consultant on board and he set everthing up - even got us the same room for both legs.  He said he will submit it and they will apply an additional B2B savings amount.

• Like 1

We booked a B2B for 2023 while on board Navigator this past June. We found the itinerary online which was a surprise to the CC who was looking in the catalog, but she eventually found it on the website. She said it was composed as a B2B on the website. the fee was somewhat discounted based on the combination of the two cruises. Plus, we received additional discounts for booking while on board.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 8:23 AM, papaflamingo said:

I believer, there is an advantage however I can't really tell you what it is. You can run the numbers if you want.  We have a 22 night cruise scheduled as a single cruise.  If you price it separately and take air fare out of one segment, it will cost about 10% more.  Not sure if it's considered "B2B" since it's offered as a single cruise also.  But it's worth running the numbers. 

We have done a number of B2B's and for some reason, it never seemed to give us any significant savings.  We've also looked at rebooking when there were new offers after we had booked (since we always book early). We have always found that the new offer was offset since there was something already given to us for early booking, that we lost if we rebooked. On an upcoming cruise, we could have rebooked and saved a few hundred dollars for our cabin. However, our 2 fellow travelers each had their own cabins with a 50 percent single supplement. If they had rebooked, the single supplement discount was lost, and they would have been charged much more than they had already paid. We didn't want to scare them away from the cruise by mentioning it, so we decided not to rebook.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 6:48 PM, SWFLAOK said:

We have done a number of B2B's and for some reason, it never seemed to give us any significant savings.  We've also looked at rebooking when there were new offers after we had booked (since we always book early). We have always found that the new offer was offset since there was something already given to us for early booking, that we lost if we rebooked. On an upcoming cruise, we could have rebooked and saved a few hundred dollars for our cabin. However, our 2 fellow travelers each had their own cabins with a 50 percent single supplement. If they had rebooked, the single supplement discount was lost, and they would have been charged much more than they had already paid. We didn't want to scare them away from the cruise by mentioning it, so we decided not to rebook.

Yeah.... like every cruise lines promotions, you have to add ALL the pricing rules, give aways, etc. and see if you are saving money.  Generally with Regent, if you booked early enough the promotions won't help or not enough to go through the work to get them.  We have 5 cruises booked, 4 of which fell under the 2 cabin upgrade promotion.  Only 1 would have been any savings, and as you said that was maybe $100, and not sure even that.  Not worth messing with it.  But it's always good to run the numbers.  If you booked after the last price increase then the promotion certainly could be a significant discount or upgrade. 

• Like 1

My travel agent keeps track of all this stuff regarding new promotions and runs the numbers each time.  Sometimes it is good to rebook, sometimes not. We have only done one B2B and it was slightly less than booking the 2 separate cruises.

Re:  RachelG's posting. 

Perhaps we have the same TA.  Ours also ran numbers.  We are $3,600 to the good by staying with what we have on a B/t/B Navigator May-June series of cruises.  No reason to make any changes.  

Hope to see some CC folks at NYC on May 30th at Regent's hotel; or May 31st when boarding Navigator.  

GOARMY!