Cunard Ladies Dress Question

Holidayfun141

Hi we have recently been on the Queen Victoria and enjoyed all aspects of the cruise.

We have now booked the Queen Mary 2 .

I was very impressed with the standard of Ladies Dresses, but where can I shop for Cruisewear in the UK ?

Most of our Ladies Dress local dress shops have closed so wondered where to look,

Any advice would be most welcome.

Also we love this Forum we have learnt so much.

Edited by Holidayfun141
  • Like 1

I have some wonderful local shops for gala stuff but ''Smart Casual'' clothes are often sourced from Decabana.com.

They're a Canadian company but ship to the UK. It helps to know your size though as returns are a bit of a faff. 🙂

Her indoors likes a good rummage at TK Max. It's a bit hit or miss. I hate the place and liken it to an upmarket jumble sale. Nevertheless, she has found some fantastic bargains from time to time.

She also buys out of season in various sales.

The shops seem to fill up with the stuff just before Prom season.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Do you have a John Lewis? They usually have formal wear.

If you don't mind second hand, I have had good bargains on Ebay or Vinted.

Southampton indeed has a John Lewis, and the chocolate brownies in the café are with the trip alone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Her indoors likes a good rummage at TK Max. It's a bit hit or miss. I hate the place and liken it to an upmarket jumble sale. Nevertheless, she has found some fantastic bargains from time to time.

She also buys out of season in various sales.

The shops seem to fill up with the stuff just before Prom season.

Sensible lady. 👍

Buy when you see and don't wait for when you need! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Holidayfun141 said:

Hi we have recently been on the Queen Victoria and enjoyed all aspects of the cruise.

We have now booked the Queen Mary 2 .

I was very impressed with the standard of Ladies Dresses, but where can I shop for Cruisewear in the UK ?

Most of our Ladies Dress local dress shops have closed so wondered where to look,

Any advice would be most welcome.

Also we love this Forum we have learnt so much.

Slightly off piste.  Just a thought……

If booked in a crossing, shop for and take 7 evenings Westbound, then hit Macy’s for the 7 Eastbound.

DW liaises with a personal shopper, all items of interest are made ready for trying etc.

3 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If booked in a crossing, shop for and take 7 evenings Westbound, then hit Macy’s for the 7 Eastbound.

DW liaises with a personal shopper, all items of interest are made ready for trying etc.

I ''did'' a personal shopper at Bloomingdales but that was in the bad old days when shopping in NY was ''cheap'' for us from the other side of the pond.

If ''you do hit Macy's, be sure to go to their visitor's center and get the discount card [you need your passport].

20 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Why waste money on more clothes, when you could wear the same stuff both ways?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I ''did'' a personal shopper at Bloomingdales but that was in the bad old days when shopping in NY was ''cheap'' for us from the other side of the pond.

If ''you do hit Macy's, be sure to go to their visitor's center and get the discount card [you need your passport].

We do it online ……Plus tax free….. 

35 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Why waste money on more clothes, when you could wear the same stuff both ways?

New clothes for cruising are not considered a waste of money, and DW does not wear ‘stuff’.  
But some will agree with one.  

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PORT ROYAL said:

New clothes for cruising is not considered a waste of money, and DW does not wear ‘stuff’.  
But some will agree with one.  

Let's not get precious.

I wear ''stuff''. Some of my Gala wear  might even be considered designer by some, but it's still ''stuff''. 🙂

13 minutes ago, techteach said:

If shipping is acceptable then look at Dillard’s. Huge on-line selection.

For me, all depends if it's tax free/import free  and can be bought cheaper than the UK. I didn't get my Master's in shopping for not being aware of these things!!  😂

• Haha 1

Unless you have an qualms about origin, you could try SHEIN.

The attached have been ordered this week, the red and blue are to replace dresses recently given away due to being several sizes too big. They'll probably appear on QM2 in a couple of years.

2023-01-12 RED BABYONLINE DRESS 01.jpg

2023-01-12 BLUE EVERPRETTY DRESS 02.jpg

2023-01-10 PURPLE DRESS 01.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedMeerkat said:

TK Max, Matalan and your local charity shops.  Yes, really, and scouring the charity shops was way more fun than buying expensive new stuff.  

Absolutely! We in central New York are blessed with excellent thrift shops. We buy most of our clothing there now. It takes time, and one must be able to walk away with nothing sometimes, but a (sometimes even new) Ralph Lauren jacket or Jones New York dress for less than $5? Yes, please.

• Like 3