Side by side cruises

tigger54

My husband and I will be doing side by side cruises next month. On Feb.11 we go on the Nieuw Statendam for a 7 day cruise. Then we get off that cruise and get on Princess Sky same day. Here are my questions.

Does anyone know what terminals each ship will be on or do they change up?
What would be the easiest way to get from the Holland ship to Princess ship?
We will each have only one suitcase so we could walk if they were not far from each other.

Thank you in advance for your help.

36 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

My husband and I will be doing side by side cruises next month. On Feb.11 we go on the Nieuw Statendam for a 7 day cruise. Then we get off that cruise and get on Princess Sky same day. Here are my questions.

Does anyone know what terminals each ship will be on or do they change up?
What would be the easiest way to get from the Holland ship to Princess ship?
We will each have only one suitcase so we could walk if they were not far from each other.

Thank you in advance for your help.

If you look on the Florida Departures board, this is discussed quite frequently. There is a website where you can see the dock assignments...Google search for the Port Everglades website. There is discussions on shuttles between the two ships (expect Terminal 26 and Terminal 2 for Sky Princess (not Princess Sky), but I can't guarantee those assignments. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

20 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

As I recall, the Princess ships are quite a distance from where the HAL ships are (like Terminal 2 vs 25 or so).  Likely you will have to take a taxi.

oh yes I was going to say the same thing.  Princess is way over by the bridge and I believe where they are building the new Disney Terminal as well (unless it got cancelled)

Here's the Port Everglades schedule with pier numbers; it's usually updated ~7 days in advance: https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

As others have noted, Princess is usually at Terminal 2 and HAL is usually at 26, so they are on complete opposite ends of the port. Would highly recommend a taxi or Uber. If the ships are at 2 and 4, that's the only case where it would be easily walkable. Good luck with your cruises!

At Port Everglades there is a flat rate of $8 to go between terminals, there’s a sign that states that and they can’t charge you any more. The sheriff there also told me that. They might try to charge you more as we had to take a taxi between terminals in December (because our HAL transfer never showed up)  and he demanded $10 and locked us inside until I insisted. I don’t know why some taxi drivers behave that way, it’s very intimidating. 

Edited by luv2cruisenz