Rooms RIGHT across from Panoramic Lifts…no privacy too noisy?

hozelovr123

I am scheduled for the Diamond Princess coming up on December 29 to Mexico. We are in room D415 and D417 on diamond deck. We are right across from the panoramic lifts. I don’t know if there is a door or not, but am worried. These are supposed to be really desirable club class, mini suite cabins, but I’m a worried that they’re going to be noisy, and lack of privacy. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

thanks all! 

You are correct, the two cabins do face a fire door (open unless closed by staff or automatically due to an alarm condition), that enters into the elevator lobby from the passageway.  This is the central elevator shaft on the ship and is directly above the Piazza.  Ideally people should use their inside voice when talking in the passageways, so noise should be at a minimum, but not everyone is so inclined.  The elevators themselves are not noisy and crowds congregating around elevator lobbies usually doesn't occur on the hotel decks, but on decks that house dining and entertainment.  The location of the rooms is great for quickly getting to other places on ship.  Just pop out your door and grab an elevator or head for the stairs.  I really don't think you'll have any issues with this.

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

A what?  I'm going to have to show my ignorance here!

It’s a small rechargeable sound maker. It can sound like a loud fan. It charges with a usb plug so you can sit it close to your bed and it drowns out noises. 

4 hours ago, hozelovr123 said:

I am scheduled for the Diamond Princess coming up on December 29 to Mexico. We are in room D415 and D417 on diamond deck. We are right across from the panoramic lifts. I don’t know if there is a door or not, but am worried. These are supposed to be really desirable club class, mini suite cabins, but I’m a worried that they’re going to be noisy, and lack of privacy. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

thanks all! 

Hope you meant January 29th, otherwise you have sailed already.

I have had a midship cabin near the elevator  on a Princess ship,not necessarily the Diamond ,had no noise issues,but every voyage could be different. We enjoyed the proximity to catch the elevator as we are not stair people.

8 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Hope you meant January 29th, otherwise you have sailed already.

I have had a midship cabin near the elevator  on a Princess ship,not necessarily the Diamond ,had no noise issues,but every voyage could be different. We enjoyed the proximity to catch the elevator as we are not stair people.

Hahaha good catch! Yes, JANUARY….

• Like 1