Tasmanian Sea conditions?

We just did that crossing 2 weeks ago.

I found it not bad at all. 

The worst were 5m waves 

Slight rocking (and i confess i wore sea bands for half a day), but i did not notice ANYBODY getting sea sick. Certainly no "sick bags" on display anywhere on the ship.

My wife, who was a bit worried, took ONE over-the-counter motion sicknesses pill before leaving Melbourne port, and that knocked her out for 24 hours.

The only time I've ever been seasick was crossing the ditch in February 2017 and yes I took sea sickness tablets with us.  The seas were so rough and so many people were crook that the crew had affixed sick bags at almost every possible point throughout the ship, including in the lifts and on the bannisters on  each landing.  A quick trip to the medical centre, jab in the bum together with an expensive piece of paper for the insurance company later and I slept the night and was fine the following day.

Yes that crossing can be rough so be prepared.

We have just returned from a cruise to NZ on the Majestic Princess. The seas over and back were the smoothest I have ever experienced crossing "The Ditch". This was the view as we left the Fjords. I sign that the seas are expected to be an issue is when they place the seasick bags on the stairs. Never saw them once.

20230113_185840.thumb.jpg.baf6aebf05b5dd14213270d02defbcdd.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Its called weather seeing the earth was to crack and  the  dams  would never fill again and we needed to build desal plants that have never been used costing millions  to stay stand by,  I've have known  ideas  what the seas will be like tomorrow. 🙂20230209_165150.thumb.jpg.6de2bf0ed19c28dcc96381850b2e30f9.jpg