Miami hotel - not renting a car

laurspag

Hi all,

We are looking for a one night hotel stay in Miami, close to the port.  We do not want to rent a car, and are hoping to stay someplace with a nice bar/lounge, with restaurants in easy walking distance.  If there is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, even better. 

I would ask about shuttles to the cruise port, but that seems to be harder to find these days.

I found YVE when searching.  Has anyone stayed there?  I believe it is very close to the port, but I don't know much else.  I think a hotel that can quickly and easily call you a taxi for transportation to the cruise ship is pretty important.  As you can tell, I have been staying at hotels that have shuttles for quite some time!  

I want a clean, relaxing place to stay where I can walk a block and have a choice of restaurants and the like.

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, laurspag said:

Hi all,

We are looking for a one night hotel stay in Miami, close to the port.  We do not want to rent a car, and are hoping to stay someplace with a nice bar/lounge, with restaurants in easy walking distance.  If there is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, even better. 

I would ask about shuttles to the cruise port, but that seems to be harder to find these days.

I found YVE when searching.  Has anyone stayed there?  I believe it is very close to the port, but I don't know much else.  I think a hotel that can quickly and easily call you a taxi for transportation to the cruise ship is pretty important.  As you can tell, I have been staying at hotels that have shuttles for quite some time!  

I want a clean, relaxing place to stay where I can walk a block and have a choice of restaurants and the like.

Thanks in advance!

I just had to say hi, I noticed your from Camillus, I’m in Syracuse.  Cruising the 29th

Hello!  Small world, isn't it??  Have a great cruise!

My TA has had very mixed reviews on YVE.  I have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne before.  From the front, it was a heavy city traffic area.  There is a little mall attached with some restaurants.  The pool was closed when we were there, but the bar was really nice.

23 hours ago, JohninDC said:

YVE is often mentioned on this board.  I addition to those hotels suggested above I would also check out the Intercontinental, Doubletree Biscayne and the next door Marriott.

Doubletree there is my favorite there are about a half dozen different restaurants in lobby shared with Marriott, also bars, some with live music, other stores including a liquor store.

Pretty much anything actually in Downtown Miami or Brickell will suit your needs. I would prefer Hampton Inn Brickell over YVE. YVE has mixed reviews, but is a good location. 

Anything in Brickell or Downtown you can get a very easy and quick taxi/rideshare to the port. You have endless options for dining and bars. 

If you want to look at a map to pick hotels that are South of I-395 but east of NE 1st ave. Once you cross the Miami River (going South) then a hotel that would be North of SE/SW 15th Rd and on or East of SW 1st ave. 

Edited by Flymia