Queen Mary 2 northern lights 1st November to 13th November. Princess Grill

Tomliverpool

The main 'onboard product' when  traveling in PG is 'The Restaurant' that you will be allocated, unlike the  main entrance level ( Britannia category )  The Grills concept both QG or PG offer any time dining in the evening that will include a dedicated table and wait staff for all meals ,eg  breakfast, lunch & dinner   ( the same as Britannia Club dinning ) .The Grills concept across the fleet will offer you a 'High End dinning experience'. 

Your stateroom ( they like to call them suites -although it's nothing like a suite ) no larger or impressive  than a balcony Britannia stateroom - expect the usual complimentary  sparking wine, however, it's the same as all Britannia guests receive  ( no Champagne I'm afraid)

Other than that, you can experience the Grills Lounge/Bar ( exclusive to Grill guests)  adjacent to the restaurant, it's a dreary place no  live music and atmosphere at all , one of the reasons folks head to the Commodore Bar .

On Queen Mary 2  there is life outside the Grills after you have dinned .  😉    

2 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

The main 'onboard product' when  traveling in PG is 'The Restaurant' that you will be allocated, unlike the  main entrance level ( Britannia category )  The Grills concept both QG or PG offer any time dining in the evening that will include a dedicated table and wait staff for all meals ,eg  breakfast, lunch & dinner   ( the same as Britannia Club dinning ) .The Grills concept across the fleet will offer you a 'High End dinning experience'. 

Your stateroom ( they like to call them suites -although it's nothing like a suite ) no larger or impressive  than a balcony Britannia stateroom - expect the usual complimentary  sparking wine, however, it's the same as all Britannia guests receive  ( no Champagne I'm afraid)

Other than that, you can experience the Grills Lounge/Bar ( exclusive to Grill guests)  adjacent to the restaurant, it's a dreary place no  live music and atmosphere at all , one of the reasons folks head to the Commodore Bar .

On Queen Mary 2  there is life outside the Grills after you have dinned .  😉    

The PG cabins on QM2 are very nice, square shaped, and half as big again as the Brit balconies.

8 hours ago, Tomliverpool said:

hi, I am a new member to these forums and would really appreciate any insight into what we should expect on the QM2 in the Princess Grill. We are on Deck 10 in suite 10042. Looking forward to receiving any feedback you might have

Welcome to the Cunard forum on Cruise Critic!  Best wishes for your voyage later this year.  The wife and I were on this same QM2 voyage in 2022 (as were several others who are regulars here), so let us know if you have additional questions.

From the Cunard web site, these are the additional features of Princess Grill.  Some are more impressive than others, and there is a good deal of Cunard marketing in the words.   That said, we really like PG and it is our preferred cabin grade when it is available.

image.thumb.png.1b22e6f11044c8453d123de740360cc8.png

Hi, thank you all for your insights and information. We are sailing in 2024 to celebrate my wife's retirement. We have worked in the food industry for many years and wanted to experience the dining in one of the grills. The northern lights is on my wife's bucket list and she is very excited. She hopes to do a number of excersions and we wondered which excursions we should go on. Once again many thanks. Tom

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomliverpool said:

Hi, thank you all for your insights and information. We are sailing in 2024 to celebrate my wife's retirement. We have worked in the food industry for many years and wanted to experience the dining in one of the grills. The northern lights is on my wife's bucket list and she is very excited. She hopes to do a number of excersions and we wondered which excursions we should go on. Once again many thanks. Tom

If you haven't already seen it, the below thread started by @TheOldBear  contains many experiences and photos from the Nov 2022 QM2 Norway voyage.  It may help with ideas for port days.

On 1/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, Tomliverpool said:

We have worked in the food industry for many years and wanted to experience the dining in one of the grills.

You will not be disappointed! While I have only done Queens Grill, I can tell you the meals, service, presentation are exquisite! 

We love the private grills lounge for pre-dinner cocktails. We met many new friends in there. 

After dinner we would head to other entertainment areas. 

21 hours ago, TV Dad said:

You will not be disappointed! While I have only done Queens Grill, I can tell you the meals, service, presentation are exquisite! 

We love the private grills lounge for pre-dinner cocktails. We met many new friends in there. 

After dinner we would head to other entertainment areas. 

Sounds very exciting, thank you

• 3 months later...

We sailed in suite 10044 last year, so next door to yours. The room was lovely - we were really happy with it. The one tip I would pass on is that the dining in PG is fairly flexible and you can chop and change within the menu and even order off menu. We didn't realise that until quite late on

We have sailed in 10042 which is a very nice comfortable cabin. The PG restaurant on QM2 is an attractive room albeit without the views of the QV/QE.

staff will be really attentive and will very quickly get to know your preferences.

Make the most of the table side flambée cooking and if there is something you particularly want - ask the Maitre D, as previously said they are very flexible.

the Grills lounge is a nice if slightly soulless venue for pre dinner drinks. Usually the chart room has a really mellow jazz trio who are delightful to listen to after a 1st class dinner.

I am sure this will be a very special experience for you - enjoy it!

• 3 weeks later...