Celebrity App Menus Changing???

drevil0208

Possible breaking news?? 

I was looking at the Celebrity app  menus for different ships and I noticed for the cruises starting this upcoming weekend for the Edge and Beyond both show significantly better menus than what is showing for the current week.  Each night contains 4-5 Celebrity Signature options including PRIME RIB, BEEF WELLINGTON etc. over various nights....

So far it only looks like it's showing it for cruises starting this weekend... Apex menu hasn't been changed yet, only Edge and Beyond.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I wouldn’t get excited until some reports come back from those on the ships.  It could be that old menus got loaded in error!  I know error on the app and website are rare😉

I'd totally agree except that at least for the Edge, the menu still has the disclaimer about the $16.99 charge for an extra lobster tail... so that would point towards it not being just an old menu....

This is interesting. Just checked the menus for Beyond in April and not noticing any significant changes except 1.) Tilapia seems to only be listed one one day now and 2.) Normandie (my favorite of the 4 MDR) is closed in days 6 and 7. WTH!  No other MDR is closed for dinner any day.  So now they are eliminating 25% of the included dining options plus destroying the OVC?  I am reserving judgement and holding out hope that things will still change before April, but am not overly optimistic. 

Also, no prime rib or any beef on the main Celebrity Exclusives menu except for the "steak Diane" made from Sirloin.  I will say that while the "exclusives" menu sounds cheap and unappealing, the reataurant-specific options sound pretty good still.  Will keep watching to see if anything else gets updated.

(ETA, in regards to #2, I realize that it is possible this is just a famous Celebrity IT glitch and may be due to Celebrity trying to pivot quickly behind the scenes.)

Edited by Salt Lifer

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I wouldn’t get excited until some reports come back from those on the ships.  It could be that old menus got loaded in error!  I know error on the app and website are rare😉

I'm definitely not getting excited, but I'm also not worrying about what will be on the menu on my next cruise. 😉

I don't have to cook or clean up the kitchen, so it's all good (to  me). 👍

And we don't eat lobster.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 3

My Reflection sailing on Sunday still has the modified menus with no prime rib, beef wellington, etc. on any nights. The lobster tail on night 6 (out of 7, also the 2nd Evening Chic night) also has the $16.99 upcharge for a second serving.

Just now, Salt Lifer said:

This is interesting. Just checked the menus for Beyond in April and not noticing any significant changes except 1.) Tilapia seems to only be listed one one day now and 2.) Normandie (my favorite of the 4 MDR) is closed in days 6 and 7. WTH!  No other MDR is closed for dinner any day.  So now they are eliminating 25% of the included dining options plus destroying the OVC?  I am reserving judgement and holding out hope that things will still change before April, but am not overly optimistic. 

Also, no prime rib or any beef on the main Celebrity Exclusives menu except for the "steak Diane" made from Sirloin.  I will say that while the "exclusives" menu sounds cheap and unappealing, the reataurant-specific options sound pretty good still.  Will keep watching to see if anything else gets updated.

Look at the Beyond Menu for the sailing this weekend... it looks like they have updated it.  I assume they are concentrating on upcoming sailings and will then update future ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

(ETA, in regards to #2, I realize that it is possible this is just a famous Celebrity IT glitch and may be due to Celebrity trying to pivot quickly behind the scenes.)

Menus more than about a week out are rarely accurate.  They have always seemed to focus on the current and very soon sailings when updating the app.  My May cruise on the Eclipse shows we just get wine and dessert for dinner every night! So I wouldn't worry about anything that seems off this far out.

25 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I'm definitely not getting excited, but I'm also not worrying about what will be on the menu on my next cruise. 😉

I don't have to cook or clean up the kitchen, so it's all good (to  me). 👍

And we don't eat lobster.

Agree. We will wait until we are sitting in the MDR with menu in hand. We don't even sneak a peek at the menu outside of the MDR when on the ship. 😁 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Maybe X figures that if they only serve wine and dessert, people will perpetually be on a tipsy sugar high and won't complain about reudced quality of actual food?

😜😜 😜😜 

Works for me🙃

• Haha 1

We are dining in Blu in late February. A few weeks ago they had both the menu for the restaurant and the menus for the bars on the cruise posted. Most of that information has now been removed.  We are still about five weeks out from departing so we will see what happens with any updates. 

26 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

We are dining in Blu in late February. A few weeks ago they had both the menu for the restaurant and the menus for the bars on the cruise posted. Most of that information has now been removed.  We are still about five weeks out from departing so we will see what happens with any updates. 

We have been sailing with X for many, many years and never looked at any menus for any of our sailings pre-cruise until our last sailing which was on Apex. And that was only because we were checking out The Chefs Table by Daniel Boulud.
The stars must have been aligned because it was the best dining experience I've ever had on any cruise. 👍😋