emerald: deck 9 or 15?

luckyinpa

i see no mini suites on 15 like other princess ships have on the lido deck, so my choice is balcony on 15 or mini suite on 9.  if was a mini on deck 15 id book it no question. but ive been reading about the balcony showers on emerald and saw a vid and it seems just so not fun especially since i'm not a skinny person. also i'm used to a bit of a seating area that is not a desk and thats what emerald has. 

id like to hear why you prefer which deck.    this is a port intensive canada cruise with just one sea day all week (if we dont miss THREE ports like last year on enchanted) thats another reason i guess for the mini. if bad weather again. more time in room. yes we do relax in the room we paid for. 

im not a pool person so being close to the pool doesnt matter. i did like the quick pizza/burgers on enchanted and regal on lido deck but i could take the elevator up if i wanted to i guess.  are there any issues with crowded elevators trying to be caught 'mid ship' so to speak? ive always been on upper levels. it was nice to just walk 'over' to the buffets for a snack as well. 

decisions.....

On the Emerald Princess if you wish to have a sitting area you have to book either a mini suite or a full suite. Balcony staterooms do not have a sitting area. On the Emerald Princess ALL mini suites are located on deck 9. They all have a three seat sofa. The balcony is 9ft x 6ft and uncovered. The bathroom is a tub shower combo. There is a fairly high step-over to enter the tub/shower.

Balcony cabins on deck 15 as well as decks 12, & 11 have a 9ft x 5ft covered balcony with 2 chairs and a small table. Balcony cabins on deck 10 have a 9ft x 9ft balcony which is half covered. These are the cabins we preferred on Grand Class ships.

I can't comment on upper decks being close to the pool and buffet area. That's your choice. Of course, the lower decks are closer to the DRs, I.C., and entertainment venues.  

5 hours ago, skynight said:

On the Emerald Princess if you wish to have a sitting area you have to book either a mini suite or a full suite. Balcony staterooms do not have a sitting area. On the Emerald Princess ALL mini suites are located on deck 9. T

There are also some mini's on the Emerald deck.

• Like 2

Go for the mini.   If you want the space, regular balconies are small.

Timing, and avoiding the mid-ship elevators might help with using the elevators.

Am I correct that the balconies on deck 9 will all be open and uncovered.  So, that might be a factor.

It looks like the ones on deck 8 are partially covered.

But, if I am guessing right, especially the ones on the Port AFT will be right over the sound system from Club Fusion below.  Maybe the most forward on the Starboard side would be a bit better.

Edited by Wishing on a star

never was on an uncovered balcony so would be an experience 🙂 

def staying away from deck 8. murphy law says rooms above and below me!

didnt realize on deck 9 that aft cabins are more than forward, i expected mid to be higher but geez

I would be VERY careful in booking anything on 15...make SURE that there is nothing above or below you other than cabins (whatever deck you choose).  Anything under the pool deck and you will be awakened "with the roosters" when they start putting out deck loungers at the crack of dawn!

i went with the forward mini because of the seating space and bathroom. the death shower and nowhere to sit were my factors. plus never had a no roof balcony so will be something totally different

however the deck 16 warning is good. on regal and enchanted were no worries.