LIVE 47 Days 3 Ships Caribbean Escape January 30th - March 20th!

countess5

On 1/19/2023 at 2:30 PM, countess5 said:

Who will you be following? We are Kevin and Barbie from Pennsylvania, that end of the state where we say Go E A G L E S! Just a side note, big game this weekend.

Looks like your Eagles have this game well in hand. Enjoy the 2nd half.

4 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I probably shouldn't post this, because it's kind of embarrassing, but I will, anyway. 

My first thought was: Um, Bo, it's Superbowl LVII, LV was two years ago. There is no VL. I immediately realized you meant Vince Lombardi, and did one of these: 🤦🏽‍♀️(maybe two)

Imma go sit in my Time Out Corner and think about what I've done. Then I'm gonna think about what the Super Bowl LVI champions most definitely have not done. 

Carry on.

Not to worry, I should have spelt it out... My bad...

Get out of the corner... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

Pre Cruise

Well, one week away from the start of our winter cruise.  Packing has been complete, or should I saw the gathering of clothes, flip flops, tennis shoes and a small case full of the bathroom and bodily needs! I have to give it to DW, she is the one who, all by her self, puts this all together. If it was me packing shorts and flip flops is as far as I would go, but I must say I never want for anything when away.

Oh, I know one thing I will pack, my Eagles hat and shirt! We have a game next weekend. 

00eedea0-3831-43ee-a100-69a93d13f97a.thumb.jpeg.add5af238575704968b402ae9751d9f6.jpeg

Ever since I retired and started these longer cruises I have put a binder together ( now that I have time on my hands) holding all documents. I like carrying my receipts of purchases, like Specialty Dining, excursions, itinerary, boarding passes, flight records and so on. Good place to put things while on the ship so it’s all together. Good reference piece also when someone on CC asked a question about a particular ship and I have sailed on it.

IMG_5051.thumb.jpeg.d9d7e6cd411af5a34697fcee694ff4fa.jpeg

This week will be one of pulling it all together. I have been able to sign in for all ships, even though on the second leg of each ship you really don’t need to but I like having the documents. I just need luggage tags for the first leg of the Reflection. 

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. I have read, just recently, that it is a bit tired but we arrive at 2:30 PM and with the cost of hotels to just put your head down it was acceptable. Our go to place use to be Pier 66 but it’s been going through renovations and opens again in 2024. For our stay after the 19 days on Equinox before boarding Beyond we will be staying at the Marriott  Harbor Beach Club. This is also where we sill stay after disembarking Reflection at the end. 

Well Cowboys VS 49er’s at 6:30 to see who we play next weekend! 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

Pre Cruise

Accommodations,

Well let’s say with 47 days at sea we won’t be “seeing” any suites!  🤪

We have sailed in many different types of suites over the years and enjoy the suite life but when it comes to this many nights suites are not in the financial picture.  🤑

We are currently Elite and after the Equinox B2B we will be going onto the Beyond as Elite Plus. So whatever benefits are left, we will have that going for us. 🙄  Not that we really use the benefits of the different tiers except for some laundry and will need priority tendering in Grand Cayman. 

The cabins we will be staying in are the following, 

Equinox 1B Deluxe Ocean View Veranda

image.png.59d8a453d1973c0281acf33967cb4ccd.png 

Beyond E2 Edge Stateroom w/infinite Veranda. I know there has been a lot of discussion on liking or not liking this type of cabin, but last year on Apex we had the same type cabin and we actually liked the layout. Again, like food subjective. 

image.png.ca8cd7045dcf6b6b922c0b1e68eeca9e.png 

Reflection 1A Deluxe Ocean View Veranda. However this one is on the bump out and at the slant rear facing. Really like this spot. Last year we had a lounger brought up since we were going to be there for 14 days. 

image.png.32e153d4c7635060d4195b06b8e6e2f7.png 

The good news with all of this is that on each ship we don’t change cabins. We are able to keep the same cabin week to week. 

And we know who the Eagles will be playing next Sunday, the 49ers!  🦅 The negative is that the game is on at 3 PM, we land at 2:30. 😩 Airport is close so a quick ride over to the hotel and check in. I think I’ll record it on our DVR that I can access while away on my IPad and hopefully be able to hook into the HDMI on the room TV. 

Cheers! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Countess, may the Royal Treatment be with you from start to finish during your latest winter escape. We will be cruising the South Atlantic from Buenos Aires on Super Bowl Sunday, bound for Antarctica. Will I know the final score first, or will you? 

Wally! Who ever gets the score first don’t share! Glad you checked in. This live review thing is something new and I hope I do it justice.

Enjoy your cruise and please post how you are doing and what you are experiencing. We have Walt and Bev joining us for the first 10 days. I think you sailed with them before. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, countess5 said:

Wally! Who ever gets the score first don’t share! Glad you checked in. This live review thing is something new and I hope I do it justice.

Enjoy your cruise and please post how you are doing and what you are experiencing. We have Walt and Bev joining us for the first 10 days. I think you sailed with them before. 

Cheers! 

Kevin, you are going to do an amazing job presenting your cruising experiences. I am not a follower of live reviews, but because I know the countess and Barbie (who should really be the countess), I am going to pay closer attention to what these good folks have to say. Yes, we have sailed with Walt and Bev. Please say hi to them from Nancy and me.

14 hours ago, countess5 said:

Cheers! 

I want to be you guys when I retire.  To be able to do 3 B2B2B cruises!!  Heaven.

And don't fret over the live review.  This is your vacation and whatever information you find time to share with us will be great.  I agree with Jim, I think you will fall into a routine that will make it easier for you since you are on a longer cruise.

Have a great/great/great cruise!!!

16 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

I want to be you guys when I retire.  To be able to do 3 B2B2B cruises!!  Heaven.

And don't fret over the live review.  This is your vacation and whatever information you find time to share with us will be great.  I agree with Jim, I think you will fall into a routine that will make it easier for you since you are on a longer cruise.

Have a great/great/great cruise!!!

Thank you! I m sure I'll find time along the way. I must say retirement is great however I want to be Jim when I grow up! 😂 😂

Cheers! 

• Like 2

Hi Countess5!

I'm excited for your cruise to begin, mostly because DH and I will be boarding the EQ along with you next Monday!  😄  Hopefully our paths will cross on board.

Looking forward to extending our vacay virtually by following along for the rest of your 47 days.  What an amazing voyage you're on!

Enjoy!  

19 hours ago, Bfb832cc said:

Hi there!

Cannot wait to join you in the first sailing of your grand adventure! 

Bev & Walt

You’ll be experiencing it “Live” on the first 10 days! 😂

Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Safe travels today! 

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, scrabble6 said:

Hi Countess5!

I'm excited for your cruise to begin, mostly because DH and I will be boarding the EQ along with you next Monday!  😄  Hopefully our paths will cross on board.

Looking forward to extending our vacay virtually by following along for the rest of your 47 days.  What an amazing voyage you're on!

Enjoy!  

Mary says to be at the Sunset Bar at 3-3:30. We are always up top for sail away. Looking forward to meeting you too. 

This is going to be fun! 

Cheers! 

Pre-Cruise

Ok, let's start with some great news! Well at least for me.....I was thinking of our arrival time when we fly back to Philadelphia landing at 2:30 PM. We actually arrive in Ft Lauderdale on Sunday at 1:28 PM! 🙄

Ok my mistake, but we will be able to make it to the hotel in plenty of time to watch the game!!! 🦅 😀

Pre-departure tip, well not really a tip just an endorsement since it has been talked about on CC a lot. I purchased the Airtags. For those with an Android phone I think they are called tiles. Anyway, after all the Southwest ( sorry for those that I am hitting a nerve with) I said, we need to get these Airtags. We fly American but still you never know. Airtags in each suitcases....check! 

I think we are getting out of town just in time. The snowless winter is ending.  😩 Today we have had snow showers and now turning into a cold rain. Just about 10 miles North of us it is accumulating. 🥶 Not one that wants to stick around and see how this movie ends! Do you just hate the dark cloudy days when you know the Caribbean will be bright blue skys? Well at least I am going with that! 🤞

IMG_1829.thumb.jpeg.82f851670e22c3b74a18416be71395d1.jpeg

Cheers! 

• Like 5

Can’t wait to follow along…not sure I could last for 47 nights but I’d make a valiant effort…we’re in Stratford, Ontario and it hasn’t stopped snowing for over 4 hours with no immediate end in sight. A group of 5 of us board the Oasis April 23-30…hopefully the snow will be gone by then 😳 (I doubt it 🤦‍♂️) enjoy!

2 hours ago, Stratford1950 said:

Can’t wait to follow along…not sure I could last for 47 nights but I’d make a valiant effort…we’re in Stratford, Ontario and it hasn’t stopped snowing for over 4 hours with no immediate end in sight. A group of 5 of us board the Oasis April 23-30…hopefully the snow will be gone by then 😳 (I doubt it 🤦‍♂️) enjoy!

Love the Oasis our first Oasis Class we did. Actually have sailed Oasis a couple of times and have sailed Harmony and Symphony. Not sure I’m up for the World! Can’t beat Central Park, dinner at Jamies outside with a guitar player. Our favorite place once we board is the trellis Bar! Enjoy! 

Hope the snow stops soon! 

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

I wanna be you when I grow up! ( actually retired probably same age range). Looking forward to following along!

I wanna be you and have a place to rent in Naples! That’s how this all started, couldn’t find a place that met our needs. We’ll get there someday. 🤞🏻

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 8:48 AM, countess5 said:

Thank you! I m sure I'll find time along the way. I must say retirement is great however I want to be Jim when I grow up! 😂 😂

Cheers! 

Count Countess -   I LOVE retirement.     I thought I would be bored but now wonder how we ever got everything done while working. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

Don’t give up on Naples!  We love it here and a great escape from our upstate NY winters.

Not giving up, going to try again for next winter. Our friends have a home in Pelican Marsh and they are keeping an eye open for a rental. Other friends are in Ft Myers. We like Bonita National but anything with a golf resort type vibe is what we would like. 

Cheers!