Passport Blank Pages

Tsunami74

We are very careful to have 6 months + on our passports.

However, we did not keep track of blank pages.

Going on a trans Atlantic and only have 3 and 5 blanks.

Cruise line and TA recommend renewing early, but we have other travel in between with only 2 -3 weeks in between.

Has anyone used Fed Ex rush/my/passport.

We do not have many expediting options here.

17 hours ago, Tsunami74 said:

We are very careful to have 6 months + on our passports.

However, we did not keep track of blank pages.

Going on a trans Atlantic and only have 3 and 5 blanks.

Cruise line and TA recommend renewing early, but we have other travel in between with only 2 -3 weeks in between.

Has anyone used Fed Ex rush/my/passport.

We do not have many expediting options here.

You already asked.  Too late to renew.  Two choices.  Go with you existing passport (99% not a problem unless a very long cruise as many countries do jot stamp) or cancel.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:28 AM, Arizona Wildcat said:

You already asked.  Too late to renew.  Two choices.  Go with you existing passport (99% not a problem unless a very long cruise as many countries do jot stamp) or cancel.

There is another option, which is to make an appointment and go into a passport office and renew it in person.  On the .gov passport page there are instructions for emergency (within 3 days) or urgent (within 2 weeks) passport needs.  

@Tsunami74 if you want to try expediting it, you can do it yourself by mail.  The companies who do it for you will not get it any faster than you can by expediting it yourself - all they do is the paperwork and mailing of the documents for you.  For some people this is worth it, but if you have the ability to fill out a government form and follow directions, you will save yourself a lot of money.

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

I don’t remember the details but back when my husband did extensive international traveling with work, he found himself in need of pages.  He went to an US Embassy in Dublin and got more pages. 

They no longer add pages, you have to get a new passport.

You should have no issue with the page numbers.  We just did a Rome to Miami cruise.  Our passports were stamped on on entering into Italy (FCO).

It all depends on the country.  I recommend looking at entry requirements for each country you will be going to and see what their recommendations for blank pages (if any) are.  We got caught up with this for DH passport for South Africa.  Were able to get a new passport and the total cruise only used 4 pages in new passport but two of them were full page visas.  We have also been told a story where a traveler on individual land trip got denied entry to South Africa because he did not have enough blank pages.

Western Europe has the Schengen Agreement where you only show passport once for their countries.  So really depends on the countries.