fully paid cruise cancelled by RCL without our knowledge

TeamCan

2 hours ago, NoShoes2 said:

We are dealing with a similar situation. After final payment and conformation, we attempted to apply a gift card that we received as a Christmas gift for onboard credit. A week or so later we got an email stating that we had an unpaid balance of the same amount as the  gift card. We've made 3 phone calls and have had our "final payment" date extended each time. 

exact thing happened to me several years ago? took it all the way to the big boss and got it fixed and some obc for the trouble.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I have another issue, Have changed this confirmation a few times so had to Pay the $200 change fee a few times.

I get the confirmation from my Travel Agent and there is a bunch of $200 change fees and Credits for paying the $200 change fees.

The issue is there is 2 extra $200 change fees on the Confirmation and no credits. So I'm charged an extra $400 for the cruise.  Simple right? Nope.

First Customer Service Rep understood but it had to go up the chain further to a Supervisor.

So now they tell me it goes to the IT Resolution Department  As an IT Ticket Problem Confirmation.........telling me to call back in a week and see if the price of the cruise is adjusted.

What BS, should be a simple fix right..........Nope not for Royal Caribbean.

Can anyone confirm when making a changes on a cruise you have booked to another ship or date you pay the $200 change fee right away right?

See no reason why those charges and credits end up on the confirmation for the cruise you book. It's a joke !

I thought that the change/cancellation fee was $100 per booking. 

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't understand how this could happen.  Any time I add a restaurant, pkg or gifts etc I have to pay for it with my credit card when I book it?????

The bookings may have been in the cart and not checked out.

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if they are not purchased, how would they have an impact on the final price? And before the final payment?

I was answering the question regarding items that are usually in the planner.  Unfortunately, there's no post shown that BecciBoo was quoting to.😊

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if they are not purchased, how would they have an impact on the final price? And before the final payment?

RCI had one of their "IT guys fix" the programming so anything left in the cart for more than 24 hours get transferred to "purchased".  It is called the "Charge Now and Refund Later Program."  It was created by the same marketing director of the "Kids Sail Free" program. Most parents found that program to be a bit of a stretch when they were told they needed a more expensive room to hold more than two adults. RCI needs the cash flow.  🤑        JUST KIDDING!  😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

RCI had one of their "IT guys fix" the programming so anything left in the cart for more than 24 hours get transferred to "purchased".  It is called the "Charge Now and Refund Later Program."  It was created by the same marketing director of the "Kids Sail Free" program. Most parents found that program to be a bit of a stretch when they were told they needed a more expensive room to hold more than two adults. RCI needs the cash flow.  🤑        JUST KIDDING!  😁

I had specialty dining purchases in the cruise planner, and they stayed untouched in cart for over a week.

It was created by the same marketing director of the "Kids Sail Free" program. Most parents found that program to be a bit of a stretch when they were told they needed a more expensive room to hold more than two adults.

as parents of an 11 yo, we've taken advantage of RCI's KSF program several times over the years. It has always worked correctly for us. We are actually sailing in April for the last time with KSF promotion... DS is turning 12 and by next spring break he will no longer qualify.

Unlike on MSC which says "kids sail free" and "free drinks and wifi", but it doesn't mean what you think it means. Free drinks and wifi is actually $180 pp. And KSF - I've done the comparison - you still pay for 3 people. Surprise!

9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Maybe I misread, but you listed $200.  Was this for more than one change,

I made 3 changes on this booking that should have been $600 change fee total......but I have 5 charges of $200 ...and only shows I paid $600 for those charges....over charge of  of 2 other changes I never made.$400.

Plus the real mystery is everyone knows when you make a change you pay the change fee right then in there before they let you make the change. There should be no balance on the reservation to still have to pay that.

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

as parents of an 11 yo, we've taken advantage of RCI's KSF program several times over the years. It has always worked correctly for us. We are actually sailing in April for the last time with KSF promotion... DS is turning 12 and by next spring break he will no longer qualify.

Unlike on MSC which says "kids sail free" and "free drinks and wifi", but it doesn't mean what you think it means. Free drinks and wifi is actually $180 pp. And KSF - I've done the comparison - you still pay for 3 people. Surprise!

I am thinking in the future about bringing family with us (to include under 12 children).

Whenever I do a mock booking on RCI, I normally use two adults as passengers. In most cases. RCI wants more money if I choose a room that could hold more than two adults (even if there are only two adults booked). I can choose those rooms but they want more money.

I do a mock booking for two adults and one child and they eliminate the lower priced two person rooms and go immediately to the higher priced rooms (three passengers or more). I realize they do not charge you a specific fare for the children but you do have pay more for a larger room. I would call that a "Kids Sail at Discount" program.

I could be wrong but every time I try it, it happens.

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's a $100 per person.

My mix-up was that I cancelled a sail in early 2020 as my wife was in hospital and Royal only charged me $100 and I assumed that it was per booking.  After your post I went back and read the fine print and it $100 pp.

Ps.  Got my change fee reimbursed via my CC, in addition to half the cruise fare.

I just went through the planner to book Chops, it finally directs you to the cart and then a payment page asking for a CC for payment.  It doesn't get added to your cruise fare as far as I can tell.  It does offer "Continue Shopping", but nowhere does your cruise fare get increased so I do not understand. 

Edited by BecciBoo

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I just went through the planner, it finally directs you to the cart and then a payment page asking for a CC for payment.  It doesn't get added to your cruise fare as far as I can tell.  It does offer "Continue Shopping", but nowhere does your cruise fare get increased so I do not understand. 

Sorry, my response was to items in the planner, and you are right that it should have no effect on the cruise fare.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Fee Waiver probably because you are a Pin Head 😉

We have had some change fee waived also, but you have to have a good reason.

Just figured I had a good TA handle things for me.

Code on invoice is NRP1

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't understand how this could happen.  Any time I add a restaurant, pkg or gifts etc I have to pay for it with my credit card when I book it?????

You're given option to use available OBC first

35 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Well when in america. Seems like you can sue for anything!!!! 🤣

It must be spreading to Continental Europe.  It seems in Paris, France, there was a Miss France beauty contest, and 3 ladies are suing the pageant and sponsor that the judges placed more on appearance (beauty) than other factors.  Wonder why they call it a Beauty Contest.😊

Edited by nelblu

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

It must be spreading to Continental Europe.  It seems in Paris, France, there was a Miss France beauty contest, and 3 ladies are suing the pageant and sponsor that the judges placed more on appearance (beauty) than other factors.  Wonder why they call it a Beauty Contest.😊

"It's a scholarship contest." (Miss Congeniality🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Wasn't that the name of a movie with Sandra Bullock.