Would like info on Edge’s Eden restaurant

mlbcruiser

I think I’m a bit confused about the Eden restaurant on Celebrity’s Edge. I know many people like it a lot. However, I am seeing little things here and there and wonder if it’s kind of a supper club with shows,  or if there are only shows sometimes?    I’ve heard the food is good however, the only menu for that restaurant that I’ve seen looks like it has some pretty “different” dishes. Don’t think we I would care to order most of it. Does the menu change nightly? (Maybe somehow I missed other night’s menus on the on the app.). Additionally, I thought they serve lunch, but apparently not. 

I’d appreciate any helpful information or explanation pertaining to this particular restaurant. 

Hi! All great questions.

Eden is a specialty restaurant where you pay a flat fee for dining there for dinner. Drinks are covered by your drink package unless they are over your package’s dollar amount in which case you would pay the difference. Some of the drinks in Eden are quite fancy & fun.  

When we were on the Edge back in Nov 2021 - they weren’t doing the interactive performances while you ate. But that was when social distancing was still in place so things may have changed. They did have musicians playing on the Eden lounge area nightly. We didn’t discover that until late in the cruise. 

Yes, the menu has some very unique dishes which our group of 4 felt were delicious. I didn’t know if our son-in-law would like the food since he tends to eat fairly plain basic food, however he loved it! And they have reservations in Eden for their upcoming sailing on the Apex and we do too for our comping Edge cruise. 

I believe there is a sandwich bar serving lunch (I think at no charge) which is adjacent to or in the Eden area. We didn’t get a chance to try it. But would like to at some point. 

It’s been a little over a year since we sailed on the Edge, so others may be able to give better details. 😀🛳

I think the night time dining in Eden is worth a try. The service was awesome and the food uniquely amazing. 

• Like 1

Went on the Edge during its inaugural session.  Eden was IMO horrible- interactive with characters interfering with dinner.  Food fair.  However, just got off the Apex and tried Eden again for dinner.  What a change- the food excellent and service great.  No more disney like characters interfering with your dinner.  The dinning room is on the lower lever and above is a bar and club.  Some performances and entertainment in that venue- but doesn't interfer with your dinner.  Heard now the Edge Eden the same.  Give it a try.  My husband said the steak was better then what he had at the steak house.  Also try the grill on the top of the ship.  Enjoy

We just returned from a cruise on Edge (1/2-1/13). We ate in Eden twice and enjoyed it both times. It sounds like you have been reading about the Eden restaurant from when it first opened and there was a unique show that was interactive and a totally different menu than the current one. The only holdover from the previous iteration of Eden is the drink menu which offers some very “interesting” options. The new/current menu is much more like a regular specialty restaurant with options like fish, chicken, meat.

We ate in Eden on two previous cruises when the previous menu and show were taking place and enjoyed those too. The current menu likely appeals to more passengers and eliminating the unique show also expands its appeal to a larger audience. 

There is an acoustic show that takes place in the Eden bar each evening but that is on Deck 5 and the restaurant is on Deck 4. You don’t really hear the music in the restaurant. 

One final note. There is a Wine Paring Tasting Menu Option on the current menu that is an additional $100 above and beyond the cover charge you pay and you cannot use your drink package to offset any of the cost. It breaks up your meal into 6 Courses. It uses the exact same menu offerings. Unless you are a real wine connoisseur or have a bunch of onboard credit I don’t see the value. 

Edited by RICCruisers
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for this info! Very helpful. I also don’t think I would want my dinner interrupted by characters or performers coming to our table. (Except Minnie Mouse at Disney during a kid’s Minnie shaped waffle breakfast!  Did that years ago when our kids were little.) Certainly not at a nice evening dinner.

With regard to the Eden lounge upstairs, can anyone answer if, in order to have a cocktail in the bar you must have a reservation for dinner to access it?

Now the trick is to try and get a reservation. I’ve seen posts about 5 and 9 pm mostly being the only reservations available in about every restaurant, the cruise is several weeks away. Seems that is so when I have checked a couple of the main complimentary ones. 

How long do you think one should allow for dinner if there are only two people in the party? It probably says on the app, but I prefer hearing from people who have really eaten there. We won’t be doing the special wine pairings and drink very little so that shouldn’t affect it. (Just asking due to show times on board. Have heard the main ones are always at 7 and 9. Customer service said they didn’t know.) 

Any other input welcome.

Thanks again!

Edited by mlbcruiser

On the Edge and just ate in Eden. No shows or music but the best food on the ship. The waitstaff is excellent and very friendly. They encouraged us to order three or four appetizers to share before the main. We ordered a crab cake, potato gnocchi a salad, and risotto. All were good with gnocchi outstanding. I had the lobster casserole ( delicious) and after dessert they bring a tray of miniature cookies. Took about an hour-hour and half. 

10 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

We just returned from a cruise on Edge (1/2-1/13). We ate in Eden twice and enjoyed it both times. It sounds like you have been reading about the Eden restaurant from when it first opened and there was a unique show that was interactive and a totally different menu than the current one. The only holdover from the previous iteration of Eden is the drink menu which offers some very “interesting” options. The new/current menu is much more like a regular specialty restaurant with options like fish, chicken, meat.

We ate in Eden on two previous cruises when the previous menu and show were taking place and enjoyed those too. The current menu likely appeals to more passengers and eliminating the unique show also expands its appeal to a larger audience. 

There is an acoustic show that takes place in the Eden bar each evening but that is on Deck 5 and the restaurant is on Deck 4. You don’t really hear the music in the restaurant. 

One final note. There is a Wine Paring Tasting Menu Option on the current menu that is an additional $100 above and beyond the cover charge you pay and you cannot use your drink package to offset any of the cost. It breaks up your meal into 6 Courses. It uses the exact same menu offerings. Unless you are a real wine connoisseur or have a bunch of onboard credit I don’t see the value. 

Ha—no sound interference from the music above on the open deck 5 !  I totally disagree.  
We were on the Edge last October and while dining with friends in Eden it was impossible to carry on any conversation at our table.  The music from above was loud and intrusive.  We would ever eat at Eden again, even though the food and service were excellent!!  Perhaps after complaints Celebrity has modified music events during dining hours.  We loved the food, hated the Eden venue.

We were on the Edge, Oct 14th 10 night sailing.  We tried all the different dining options except for the sushi place.  All four of us agreed that our best dinner was at Eden and wished we had booked there a second time. I was hoping for the interactive experience but I guess Covid and too many complaints killed it.  

In addition, we all went to Eden almost every late night for the live entertainment.  It was always very good.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

With regard to the Eden lounge upstairs, can anyone answer if, in order to have a cocktail in the bar you must have a reservation for dinner to access it?

The lounge/bar area of Eden is available to everyone. It is a great area to enjoy cocktails anytime it is open. Some of the seating areas have chairs that are low to the ground and not the most comfortable. The bar staff of Alex, Victoria and Nemo are great. Give it a try, I think you’ll enjoy it as much as we did. 

On the Edge and just ate in Eden. No shows or music but the best food on the ship. The waitstaff is excellent and very friendly. They encouraged us to order three or four appetizers to share before the main. We ordered a crab cake, potato gnocchi a salad, and risotto. All were good with gnocchi outstanding. I had the lobster casserole ( delicious) and after dessert they bring a tray of miniature cookies. Took about an hour-hour and half. 

Thanks for the info &  for replying Treasure Hunter. Should have read over the prior posts again and I would have noticed you had mentioned above that it took about an hour and a half. We once went to a specialty restaurant on a Celebrity ship with 5 others we met onboard years ago.  The dinner literally took  3 hours! As a result we all missed the main show that evening!  

I have been at Eden on both the Edge and Alex, wonderful food, we went twice on both trips, I did find the shrimp appetizer different on Edge and Apex

The crab cake was on of the best I have had and I have had many in Maryland ..lol

i did not find the music to loud or distracting.

The wait staff was wonderful 

Edited by Nancycat

12 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

I noticed next to our Eden reservation on the app it tells the reservation time and in parentheses it says four hours. Does it honestly take four hours to dine there? 😳

It took us about two hours when we dined in Eden on the Apex last week.

14 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

I noticed next to our Eden reservation on the app it tells the reservation time and in parentheses it says four hours. Does it honestly take four hours to dine there? 😳

The 4 hours refers to the optional  Six Course Tasting Menu. If you are a smaller party, 4 or less, 1.5 to 2 hours is realistic.