Iona Suite downgraded by P&O

Ehg

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree with others.

This is one of the mini suites on deck 8.

There is no privacy.

We were walking on the promenade and there was sunbeds in front of the balcony of lots of the cabins.

IMG_20210911_170015.jpg

Mind you on a February winter cruise it might not be too bad.  I have just been quoted £1100 plus £240 OBC for one of these as a single.  Luckily the OP has a deck 9, still a disappointment for her but a lot better. 

I don’t think I'd take one on a hot weather cruise tho7gh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ehg said:

We are sailing on Iona in 3 weeks. Yesterday we received a call from P&O informing us we have been downgraded to a mini-suite due to “safety issues”. We were due to be in one of the forward

suites on deck 12. 

Anyone got any idea What the “safety issue” might be? 

As you have been given a lower standard of accommodation, the ABTA code of conduct and it's guidance states that it is a significant change, so you are entitled to cancel with full refund and possibly compensation. 

I suggest you look at the ABTA code and guidance for the details and mention it to P&O if you wish to cancel.

Barbara

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tring said:

As you have been given a lower standard of accommodation, the ABTA code of conduct and it's guidance states that it is a significant change, so you are entitled to cancel with full refund and possibly compensation. 

I suggest you look at the ABTA code and guidance for the details and mention it to P&O if you wish to cancel.

Barbara

Thank you. They did offer us the cancellation option. We are going with friends so couldn’t do that. And, tbh, as disappointing as it is, I’m not devastated about it. I’m sure it’s a decent enough cabin, and if we can keep the perks we should have had then so much the better. 

but if there’s someone in “our” room…..oooh la la. Poo poo will hit the fanno!! 😂🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have a forward inside on that cruise that cost me £502 plus £90obc plus £60 shareholder benefit. I booked it last month and await the cabin allocation. I don't suppose I will get upgraded though

It's dearer now so you have a bargain!  There seem to be copious amounts of insides left and quite a few deluxe balconies and mini suites.  You may get lucky yet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Thank you. They did offer us the cancellation option. We are going with friends so couldn’t do that. And, tbh, as disappointing as it is, I’m not devastated about it. I’m sure it’s a decent enough cabin, and if we can keep the perks we should have had then so much the better. 

but if there’s someone in “our” room…..oooh la la. Poo poo will hit the fanno!! 😂🤣

Are your friends in a suite?

25 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have a forward inside on that cruise that cost me £502 plus £90obc plus £60 shareholder benefit. I booked it last month and await the cabin allocation. I don't suppose I will get upgraded though

Regardless it's still a pretty good deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ehg said:

Hmmmm, I don’t think they offered any extra OBC. We’d better have no less!

we are happy with the refund offered but would still have preferred a suite. 

I assume the 50% refund is more than the quoted cabin price difference?

9 hours ago, Ehg said:

We are sailing on Iona in 3 weeks. Yesterday we received a call from P&O informing us we have been downgraded to a mini-suite due to “safety issues”. We were due to be in one of the forward

suites on deck 12. 

Anyone got any idea What the “safety issue” might be? 

Which of the two, port side 12112 or starboard 12111?

20 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Other people recently moved from their suite on Arvia for "operational reasons" had the same problem.  It's strange they say safety issues. Perhaps the ship is undergoing some maintenance but assumedly others would be affected too.

As you're being downgraded have they given you a choice to where - which deck for instance - and assumedly a refund between the fares and compensation?

With only three weeks to go I can't imagine there is much choice left.

28 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Can confirm it’s a safety related matter. My understanding is the cabin has been removed from use to have rectification works undertaken.

How did you discover that? I’m waiting for Bols over to call me back so would be good to know. 👍🏻

Timing of fixes such as this just come down to when P&O can get the right parts and right people. It’s likely only now that they’ve confirmed when it can be done.

It’s therefore unlucky that you’ve been moved. Make sure you’re happy with the replacement, the OBS, the refund etc. If breakfast in the Epicurean is important for you then push for this as they should be able to sort. But you may have to push.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I know people who have stayed in this cabin so understand what the issue is. It’s safe to still use the cabin but understand it’s not a 30 min fix hence the take out of use to fix.

I assume it’s got to be something to do with the balcony? 
They must have kicked out the passengers sailing on the cruises prior to ours as well? 

18 minutes ago, Ehg said:

I assume it’s got to be something to do with the balcony? 
They must have kicked out the passengers sailing on the cruises prior to ours as well? 

Maybe not, if Moley says it's safe to use, but repairs dependant on parts becoming available, which must be when you're cruising.