Well this is random: Bucc'ees?

dc15

21 hours ago, dc15 said:

Will RCL allow me to bring on jerky?

They sell jerky in both sealed packs and "fresh" out of the case.  I know, fresh jerky, you know what I mean.  This is loose and often just wrapped in butcher paper or similar.

By the book, only sealed/packaged food items would be allowed thru.  But I am sure there are instances of Galveston not making a fuss.  But as others have stated, you would not be able to freely disembark with it anywhere, including back into Galveston.  All food/fruits/plants etc will be sniffed out.

But sure, Bucee's is a novel stop for snacks/treats/restrooms/etc.  Have fun.  

Note that currently that stretch of I-45 has abit of construction.  One has to be a little more vigilant to watch for where the Holland Rd exit is, it is sorta a temporary exit ramp at the moment.

On 1/21/2023 at 10:01 AM, dna1990 said:

Note that currently that stretch of I-45 has abit of construction.  One has to be a little more vigilant to watch for where the Holland Rd exit is, it is sorta a temporary exit ramp at the moment.

No worries, half of the cars on the freeway will be exiting as well!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Gas is not cheaper there so we fill somewhere else but still stop for the bathroom and of course have to buy something

They sometimes are cheaper but, more often that not, I feel the beaver is smirking at me knowing I'm going to pay their higher price.

• Haha 1

I guess I'll be the dissenter here.  I've been to a couple of Buc-ees, but it isn't worth the effort in my opinion.  The parking lot is over crowded.  The store is WAY over crowded.  The bathrooms are clean, I guess, but the 5 minute wait (10 minute for the women) just wasn't worth it.  I just don't get the Buc-ees craze.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PlanoTim said:

I guess I'll be the dissenter here.  I've been to a couple of Buc-ees, but it isn't worth the effort in my opinion.  The parking lot is over crowded.  The store is WAY over crowded.  The bathrooms are clean, I guess, but the 5 minute wait (10 minute for the women) just wasn't worth it.  I just don't get the Buc-ees craze.

Have dealt with the crowds but they are manageable. I have never had to wait to use the bathroom and my wife said so as well.  Just our experience, not rejecting yours at all. . We like it. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 9:56 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

It’s just one of those things you need to experience.  

Gas is not cheaper there so we fill somewhere else but still stop for the bathroom and of course have to buy something.  DH likes the hot sandwiches.  

We usually go there while pulling our 42' fifth wheel. Yep, gas may not be cheaper but man the ease of pulling that big rig in the parking lot and having plenty of room at the pumps is worth every penny. 

19 hours ago, PlanoTim said:  The bathrooms are clean, I guess, but the 5 minute wait (10 minute for the women) just wasn't worth it.  I just don't get the Buc-ees craze.

You must have been in one just after a race (Daytona) got over, or a football game or something. I have been multiple times Florida and Georgia both, and even though hundreds of people are in the store, there was never anything near a line in the ladies room. Largest restrooms you will ever see. 

Buc-ee's fan here too. I've been on many occasions where there is a line for the ladies room, but with so many facilities available the line pretty much moves constantly.

My favorite thing about it is the amount of variety, which serves my family well. I adore the fudge, my kid leans towards the dippin dots or the icees, my husband usually goes for something healthy like a veggie cup. But we also eat meals there - bbq, grilled cheese, hot dogs, etc. And the cinnamon roasted pecans are like crack! I've never found the gas to be exorbitant but I'm also not fretting over a few pennies difference.

On 1/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, dc15 said:

I am told I need to stop to Bucc'ees before our Galveston cruise. Any must gets? 😆

I say this as a current, but not native, Texan. I think people convinced themselves that Buccees is awesome so they wouldn't feel ridiculous subjecting themselves to the crazy traffic and throngs of people at each Buccees. That being said, we'll stop on a road trip if the parking lot doesn't look too full. You'll find all the snacks you'll ever need. Their breakfast tacos and bbq sandwiches are good. And the bathrooms will never not be clean. Stop if you want to, but don't feel like you have to. If you want to join in the mania, just tell people you stopped and it was awesome, and man those bathrooms sparkled, and mmm jerky and beaver nuggets (which I've never had, nor do I intend to). 

I might be the only person that ever left a buccees hungry.   All I wanted was one of those roller hot dogs with hot cheese on it.  Simple road food.  Nope.  And a particular soda usually available at gas stations.  They had neither.  The soda was usually there but every soda machine that had it was broken.  

Buccees has a cult following and very funny billboards along the way.  They have 42 stalls in each restroom and at least that many gas pumps.   I like the brisket sandwiches and they have. Full wall of jerky if that’s your thing.  I’d sY stop, just to see what it’s Ll about.  They also have.Cute logo stuff

29 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

I was driving an 18 wheeler when they built the Buccees between Pensacola and Mobile.  Never heard of it before.  Another driver familiar with them told me their gas (for cars) was known for having water in it.  Haven't been in it yet.  

Do you really think they would have been able to grow like they have if they were selling tainted gas??

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Do you really think they would have been able to grow like they have if they were selling tainted gas??

Exactly. And I've even noticed enhanced gas mileage using their gas (and not even the non-ethanol variety).

On 1/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, tmcollins said:

Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets!!

I think this was the name of my favorite there!  It was a cinnamon puffed corn  treat in a bag that was delicious😋 Also enjoyed choosing flavors from the fudge counter.  

Only stopped there once, but looking forward to another visit😊