Live from the Celebration 1/22/23 cruise

jimbo5544

3 hours ago, marsh-angler said:

Our first cruise was on the Celebration in 96. We had Cozumel cancelled due to an upcoming storm threat.

Ours left from Tampa.  When we got there and saw the ship we were in awe.  It was huge.  36000 tons. 

27 minutes ago, DolfanNY said:

Enjoy your cruise. I will be on the Celebration on February 12th. I have a favor to ask of you. My wife smokes Parliament 100s, could you check and see if they sell these cigarettes in the shops onboard? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for following can and will, if I do not mention it in a day or two remind me please.

Congrats on reaching your 50th. It's crazy how much cruising has changed since the first one huh? It's refreshing to see people like you who can appreciate the good times cruising has to offer vs harping on every little detail that isn't 5-star luxury. I was on her last week, and miss the ship. Have fun!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Well I'm not on a cruise but almost next best thing.....sitting outside in my lounger working on my tan  in Arizona following along with another of Jimbo5544's adventures.

LOL, well not sure they are that good, but I enjoy doing them.  Thanks for the kind words.

4 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Congrats on reaching your 50th. It's crazy how much cruising has changed since the first one huh? It's refreshing to see people like you who can appreciate the good times cruising has to offer vs harping on every little detail that isn't 5-star luxury. I was on her last week, and miss the ship. Have fun!

Thanks Joe, I enjoyed reading yours.  Fifty cruises on Carnival and we still get the rush

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cant wait to se your thoughts,we loved her.  She is in great shape

I was actually just on Magic in September. But that was just the 5-day Bermuda. This will be an 8-day and I got a lot of OBC so I’m going to do the Chef’s table and I’m hoping they have Behind The Fun back by then. Maybe some alchemy classes. Blow some covid coin on things I don’t normally do.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I was actually just on Magic in September. But that was just the 5-day Bermuda. This will be an 8-day and I got a lot of OBC so I’m going to do the Chef’s table and I’m hoping they have Behind The Fun back by then. Maybe some alchemy classes. Blow some covid coin on things I don’t normally do.

Makes total sense, would love to cruise with you sometime.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Was on Magic to Bermuda in Sept also.  7 day.  LOVED her.  Rebooked for June-they switchd me to Venezia.  

• Like 3

Following along. I’m 6 months out from a right knee replacement and stairs are still not my friend. Going down is worse for me as it was before the surgery. My first post Covid cruise is in April and hope the stairs get easier as I’d like to avoid the elevator. Bon voyage!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Well, upfront we have a balcony on 14 fwd port.

Have an excursion in San Juan with a walking food tour.

I have two cooking classes, pizza and cake decorating (I cook, wife burns water). I don't really GAS about cake decorating, it's the bag piping I want to learn. I wanted the pasta class, but was sold out.

One thing I will be able to help and report on is for folks following knee replacement 4 months out. H I'llow is it getting around and so on. Been working on fitness and stamina just for this ship.

I'll let you know. My mom broke her femur on Labor Day so she is using a rolling walker and scooter. My brother has mobility issues after neck surgery. He is using same as my mom. 

• Like 2