St. Maarten Beaches

matt082600

My wife and I have a cruise stop in St. Maarten.  We want to go to Orient Beach and would like to try out some of the nude beach sections.  Can anyone advise as to where the best spots/bars/resorts are in that section?  Also, what is the best way to get there from the pier; taxi?  Thanks in advance for the help.

10 hours ago, matt082600 said:

My wife and I have a cruise stop in St. Maarten.  We want to go to Orient Beach and would like to try out some of the nude beach sections.  Can anyone advise as to where the best spots/bars/resorts are in that section?  Also, what is the best way to get there from the pier; taxi?  Thanks in advance for the help.

This section is around the area of Orient Club at the southern end of Orient Beach. Taxi there and back.

15 minutes ago, matt082600 said:

Ok, thank you for your reply!  Do you know if Orient Club the only bar/resort option in that section?

There are others, but never visited the area.  The Orient Club is known to be the central taxi drop point.  Get dropped off, then take look at whoever else is there and make a choice.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Orient+Beach+Hotel/@18.0901263,-63.0251526,16z/data=!4m11!3m10!1s0x8c0e6f6e1d6289ed:0xefe043724321524a!5m4!1s2023-03-13!2i4!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d18.0885455!4d-63.022052!16s%2Fg%2F11hf7dpcdh

you can zoom in- I believe Club Orient is/was at the north end.  Lots of beach bar choices for su needs, drinks and lunch.    Read google or trip advisor reviews to make a choice. From my research it seems that Coco Beach charged the most for sunbeams/umbrellas even if you dine there.

8 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

We will be bringing our snorkeling gear. Anyone know which St. Maarten beach is good for snorkeling?

One has a preference for Pinel Island for a snorkel in the protected Marine Park.  No booking required for the Pinel Ferry from Orient Beach.  Make a one’s “base” on Pinel at either at Karibuni or Yellow Beach (Booking advisable at either), for from the beach, with gentle waves, snorkelling, or if stronger swimmer, then bigger rocks/waves and more fish round the headland to the north.

No doubt others on CC with chime in giving their choices, then one can make an informed decision.

But the codicil added, “subject to weather conditions”, as this can change the experience.

• Thanks 1