Ready to purchase Disney cruise, where do I go?

sansterre

20 hours ago, jalves said:

The price you pay for a DCL cruise is the same if you book it yourself on line or use a TA.  The difference may be that your TA could offer an OBC but that depends on the TA.  

this is correct. There is no OBC for being a stockholder or Disney+ subscriber.

If you are planning to sail on the Dream or Fantasy from now through April, there is a deal for Disney+ subscribers in which the 3rd and 4th guests can sail free with 2 people booked at full fare: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/disney-plus-offer/

This can be booked by a travel agent or through DCL directly. You do need to make sure that the email address on the reservation matches the email address of the subscriber.

• Like 1

I would agree with jalves, that if you use a TA or other cruise booking agency, you may get some sort of OBC. I always book through my TA and he always throws in some sort of OBC in addition to what ever the specials/perks the cruise line is offering(if any)  

Never going to turn down OBC:)

Edited by markkw07
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sansterre said:

We are booked 3 cabins on a 7 day Fantasy in September.  Although we often cruise, this is our first Disney cruise.

Our favorite TA offered $100 OBC per cabin, no other perks.  

Is that typical?

What's "typical" for TAs can vary wildly.  Anything from a small OBC, to free dinners at the extra cost dining rooms, to champagne/wine.  

My guess is that what the TA gets from DCL (what their OBC would be pulled from) is most likely lower that other cruise lines offer.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 7:23 AM, sansterre said:

We are booked 3 cabins on a 7 day Fantasy in September.  Although we often cruise, this is our first Disney cruise.

Our favorite TA offered $100 OBC per cabin, no other perks.  

Is that typical?

Not sure about Disney however with other cruise lines $100 is just not worth the extra hassle of a TA.  I have heard some TAs can be great however not my experience.

• Like 1

The others are correct. The price will be the same regardless of if you book yourself or through an agent.
Some agents will offer an Onboard Credit or a small in-room gift. (please note that this comes directly out of their own pocket and takes away from their commission and not all agents will do this).
Other advantages of using an agent will be that they can keep a watch for any promotions/discounts that may be able to be applied to your booking, they can call in any special requests for you (dietary restrictions, dining time/table requests, etc. They will also usually have some great tips and information to help make your vacation run smoothly.

Hope that helps a bit when you make your decision 🙂