Ravenna Cruise Shuttle

DebTheGerman

Does anyone know if Celebrity operate a shuttle from Ravenna cruise port to any of the local airports or to Ravenna station.

Trying to decide whether to cruise from Ravenna or Rome, the easier option.

We are spending time in Lake Garda prior to the cruise.

Thank you in anticipation.

Go to Rome . We are cruising Constellation in June from Athens to Ravenna. Celebrity operates a bus $58 per person to Venice  ( Marco Polo) morning you dock and I believe one to the Venice  bus station. You have to call to reserve. Trip takes two hours so we are staying in. Venus over night because the non stop to NY leaves at one and we feel that it’s cutting it too fine to go home the same day. A real hassle. So we have arranged pricy private transportation (. 6 of us) that includes a  vaporetto to the hotel. Celebrity doesn’t have a hotel package with transfers. 

I would agree cruising from Rome is a little easier. Last year we did cruises from both Rome and Venice. We never use the ship's shuttles, Celebrity charges too much and we do not want to spend time on a crowded bus with 30 or more strangers. Last year in Rome we used Bob's Limos for private transportation from the airport to our hotel in Rome and then from the hotel to cruise port. We were a group of 4 and Bob's cost us half what Celebrity wanted.

• Like 1

No direct flights from Bologna to New York. You have to change planes in Paris or Amsterdam ( Delta). Bologna is one hour from the cruise pier in Tavenna and beautiful. Also if you have a late flight Celebrity has an excursion that stops in Padua and gets you to Venice around three ?

If flying from Venice, I would recommend spending the night in Venice. Last year we did that because the best flight connections to the US are early morning ones. We had a Delta flight from Venice to Atlanta that left Venice at 8:30am. We spent the night at the Courtyard by Marriott less than 5 minutes from the airport. It was reasonably priced and had a fabulous Italian restaurant on site. It also had a free shuttle to the airport.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 1:04 AM, greece2023 said:

We are start  our cruise from the port of Ravenna .We will be in Venice for three nights before the cruise.  Any suggestions on how to get from Venice to the port of Ravenna?

We are doing the same. Currently looking at the possibility of using the trains.

https://www.omio.co.uk/trains/venice/ravenna

I am going May 15th Constellation we are getting picked up in Venice by Celebrity returning to Marco Polo for a1pm flight home the day we disembark. Our Travel agent arranged it for us. There are 2 pickup locations in Venice I believe either Airport or in town. We were offered 2 different times for pick up as well .

5 minutes ago, Otton60 said:

I am going May 15th Constellation we are getting picked up in Venice by Celebrity returning to Marco Polo for a1pm flight home the day we disembark. Our Travel agent arranged it for us. There are 2 pickup locations in Venice I believe either Airport or in town. We were offered 2 different times for pick up as well .

Excellent. We are flying into Venice the day before. Thank you. 

Does the shuttle option show somewhere? Am I just supposed to know about it? Can I use OBC?

12 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

You have to call. It is not on the website. It is $58 per person. The trip is two hours. I don’t see how they can possibly get you to the airport on the same day for a noon departure. 

I just called Celebrity yesterday on this subject for the 5/2-5/15 Connie sailing.  They said there are shuttles for Bologna (earliest flight time 11 am) and Venice (earliest flight time 12:15) on 5/15.   She did say however they were both full and wait listed at the moment.

The ship docks at 5 am and I suspect they start getting people off the ship very early (like 6) to enable people to get to the flights to the US.

We are flying home from Bologna on Delta at 6:30 am so are staying overnight in Bologna so not to stress about it.  Well other than getting up very early to catch that flight!

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 1:50 PM, dalycruiser said:

I am flying out of Venice at 1215 on 5/25 and am told the first Celebrity shuttle from Ravenna will get us there by 9 or so !

Hi, can you let me know if you made it on your departure flight? What time did the shuttle Celebrity shuttle make it to the airport? What time did you disembark? Thank you!

On 1/27/2023 at 6:52 PM, Otton60 said:

Hi, did you make it on your 1pm flight? What time did the Celebrity shuttle arrive the airport? What time was disembarkation? Thank you!

On 1/23/2023 at 6:59 AM, terrydtx said:

If flying from Venice, I would recommend spending the night in Venice. Last year we did that because the best flight connections to the US are early morning ones. We had a Delta flight from Venice to Atlanta that left Venice at 8:30am. We spent the night at the Courtyard by Marriott less than 5 minutes from the airport. It was reasonably priced and had a fabulous Italian restaurant on site. It also had a free shuttle to the airport.

We will be staying here for our cruise.  Did you feel it was a safe area to walk around?  

We are staying in Venice in the fall and travelling to Ravenna. I looked into transfers from both Find Transfers (got 5 quotes) and Celebrity (Called my TA and got the cost information, $58). There is also the train but it's not direct to Ravenna but rather ends in Bologna and you transfer to a Ravenna train. I believe there's also a bus (FlixBus) you can take from Venice to Ravenna.

3 hours ago, peanut head said:

We will be staying here for our cruise.  Did you feel it was a safe area to walk around?  

Absolutely, we walked all over Venice, Rome. Florence and other Italian cities and never once feel unsafe. I feel much safer in Italy than walking around most US cities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2