Regal Princess - Best MDR

saryj

Yes, if you want to use the App, and book your dining, so that you at least have reservations penciled in,  by all means, do so.

All MDRs have the same menu.  The two that are off the Piazza have a similar decor and vibe.

On a sold out cruise,I am thinking that all three MDRs will show available for reservation.

Many people like to go to the dining rooms that are off the Piazza.  That is convenient, and is where the bars and everything are.

However, if you don't mind the small inconvenience of going up and around, down to Allegro, we have had good experiences there!  It seemed less busy.

4 hours ago, saryj said:

Sailing in June and making dining reservations...is there any one MDR that is more desirable than another?  Should I book a specific MDR?

Definitely book a DR and change it once OB, if you want to.  Very similar MDR’s, same menu. 
We book the one most convenient to our cabin.

We were on Regal in July and the Allegro was where we always went. We always used the TV screen to book for later in the day and just about every time had no trouble getting an early seating for 4 right when it opened or soon afterwards.

It was never busy at that time and service was generally fast, which we like as we don't tend to linger too long at a meal.

The view out the rear windows was entertaining as on one occasion we saw some dolphins.

There can be some rumbling/vibration if you're there during sail away or the lead up to sail away.

I also would like to make our MDR reservations for our cruise in March on the Regal, but the app only shows the Concerto MDR. Will the other two MDR be made available for Pre-Cruise reservations? Is it just too soon (53 days until sailing)?

4 hours ago, kitiara said:

I also would like to make our MDR reservations for our cruise in March on the Regal, but the app only shows the Concerto MDR. Will the other two MDR be made available for Pre-Cruise reservations? Is it just too soon (53 days until sailing)?

All 3 MDRs are open. You can make your reservations for Concerto and change them to one of the other 2 once aboard.. 

5 hours ago, kitiara said:

REGAL had been offering Concerto (Deck 6 Mid) and Allegro (Deck 6 Aft) not long ago - keeping Symphony (Deck 5 Mid) out of the mix.  That one now hosts the Club Class section and was used for walk-ups and perhaps on-board reservations.  This was circa 3 mths back.  I would think for March 2023 two DR's should be active, unless one is already booked up.  There can also be App issues - there is a lot of flakiness and correct processing going on with DMW.  If the App won't cooperate, see DR mgmt soon as you can on board and they or a Host who works the res system should be able to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

So there's not many dining times available pre-cruise. I'm only seeing late dining times past 8:30 in Allegro/Concerto.

Do I really need reservations before the cruise, or can I just make reservations same-day as I go? The cruise is sold out..

This is my first time on a medallion class ship.

48 minutes ago, DisneyDatknee said:

So there's not many dining times available pre-cruise. I'm only seeing late dining times past 8:30 in Allegro/Concerto.

Do I really need reservations before the cruise, or can I just make reservations same-day as I go? The cruise is sold out..

You can make them aboard, either day or or day before, or walkup (there may be a short wait)

How do you know the cruise is sold out? 

All three dining rooms are open, even though only 2 show on the app.  Dining room hours are 5-9. 

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

You can make them aboard, either day or or day before, or walkup (there may be a short wait)

How do you know the cruise is sold out? 

All three dining rooms are open, even though only 2 show on the app.  Dining room hours are 5-9. 

The cruise has been unavailable for the past several weeks and we are sailing in 12 days. Not sure if it’s sold out due to staffing issues. 

Thank you for the advice. 

8 hours ago, DisneyDatknee said:

No way would I book that late, unless you like late dining.

Are you scrolling the “select time” on the DMW, to make sure what’s available?

If so, I’d recheck before sailing and when you get OB also.  You can walk up also, but may be a wait.  It’s a little more difficult if the ship Is full.  When you check with the DR Mgr/Maitre’d, ask if one of the MDR’s is less crowded.