Caption's Club points dissappered!!!!

REDSTRIPETYPE

We are Elite( almost Elite plus) and today it says not quite enough to reach Classic!  When I look at my account it says

not able to show points now try again later.

Has anyone experienced this?

Also we were supposed to board Constellation today for 11 and 10 day back to back however I broke my leg playing hockey last week and we couldn't go obviously.

Luckily we had cancellation insurance thru Costco hover being as we paid in full will we still get our points ?

If you don't yet have the app, download it and log in, once the app is open, go into your profile, select your CC number and CUT it, select SAVE below, go back and PASTE your CC number and select SAVE again.

This has worked for many including myself.  Should take under a minute

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

We are Elite( almost Elite plus) and today it says not quite enough to reach Classic!  When I look at my account it says

not able to show points now try again later.

Has anyone experienced this?

Yes, same problem here. When I log on (on the website) it says: 0 points and that I need 2 points to reach Classic Tier. Also, on Azamara my tier and points cannot be shown

2 hours ago, Antropos said:

Yes, same problem here. When I log on (on the website) it says: 0 points and that I need 2 points to reach Classic Tier. Also, on Azamara my tier and points cannot be shown

Same here. It’s been this way for at least a week.

13 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

There are two other threads that deal with this. Just go to profile delete your CC# and reenter it and it will update and your points will reappear. 

Ah, that works! I had read "the other thread" but that thread was about the app on your phone... My app currently doesn't let me access my profile because I do not have a Celebrity cruise booked. But it turns out that you can apply the same fix on the website:

1. Log in to your account

2. Go to "Settings"

3. Click "My loyalty". This will show you the loyality numbers for Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and RCI

4. Delete the Celebrity number and click "Save"

5. Re-enter your number and click "Save" again.

Fixed!

Sorry if these steps were already discussed elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, Antropos said:

Ah, that works! I had read "the other thread" but that thread was about the app on your phone... My app currently doesn't let me access my profile because I do not have a Celebrity cruise booked. But it turns out that you can apply the same fix on the website:

1. Log in to your account

2. Go to "Settings"

3. Click "My loyalty". This will show you the loyality numbers for Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and RCI

4. Delete the Celebrity number and click "Save"

5. Re-enter your number and click "Save" again.

Fixed!

Sorry if these steps were already discussed elsewhere. 

Thank you. That worked! Without clicking on loyalty, I could not figure out how to delete Captain’s Club number!

Edited by Glendakayself

7 hours ago, Stevena54 said:

OK, I understand what I need to do to correct the error, but, why are we, as consumers having to take these measures when Celebrity should just fix their software? Asking for a friend.

I guess because the solution is here and instead of calling in and waiting a long time only to be told as some have reported they will issue an IT Trouble ticket for it.   Celebrity has always been rather lack luster. 

Personally I waited a week to see if it would fix itself and finally went looking here for a solution.

• Like 1

Could this be a way to make the Captains Club disappear?  If there wasn’t a Captains Club or a loyalty program, would you still sail on Celebrity?   Loyalty programs can pose lots of problems.  If a cruise line is truly amazing, you would rebook because you had an amazing time.  I am elite plus with about 1200 points.  I took 3 cruises in 2022.  Only one was on Celebrity.  For me, while I like getting some loyalty perks, it isn’t the reason that I choose a cruise.  

I said that after 3 cruises too after 30 I was sad that I did. After that I stayed with X except for a few with family on other lines then the next 66 were with X and now we turn Zenith. I wish after 10 I started with X. I could be saving some of the cash I spent. Despite what you hear on CC it is still a great cruise for us and now we can have the perks when we want, with laundry, prep beverage, and better internet and best perk call a special Z telephone number and someone actually answers right away.