Ship "WiFi" Versus Zoom?

AnnaP

Is the WIFI you purchase reliable and worth it? Since I already bought it I guess if it is "top notch" I might keep it but if it is spotty and you can't watch videos, movies, etc. with it I cant see it being worth it if I can message using their onboard app without any purchase

On 1/26/2023 at 11:10 AM, Ret MP said:

Well, the caption from the website I stole the picture from said it was the first computer.  I don't know, I wasn't there.  Once again, I got it from the Internet, it's got to be true.  Don't question it!

:classic_rolleyes:

It appears you are more correct that I.  What I took for relays was in fact banks of vacuum tubes.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AnnaP said:

Is the WIFI you purchase reliable and worth it? Since I already bought it I guess if it is "top notch" I might keep it but if it is spotty and you can't watch videos, movies, etc. with it I cant see it being worth it if I can message using their onboard app without any purchase

I was quite amazed at how good it was on the Enchantment last week.

41 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It appears you are more correct that I.  What I took for relays was in fact banks of vacuum tubes.  

@DaKahuna, for me, it's not about right or wrong, it's just a little humor.  Thanks for the thought though.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, funredhead said:

Wondering if iMessage works using the ships Wi-Fi? Or if I will need an Internet package. Will be on the symphony of the seas if that matters. 

iMessage usually works great with a paid Voom internet plan.

Without a paid Voom internet plan you will get exactly what you paid for while trying to use iMessage - nothing.  

Edited by twangster

I keep hearing WiFi is great on Enchantment as this is our next trip.

As for Anthem which ALWAYS had great internet, I used to work specifically on Anthem as I could always rely on it.

Last cruise (in January) it was so hit or miss. When it worked it was fine, but we lost connections during last several days every 5-10 minutes and had to forget network and connect back. And it was OK before 9 am, but then (many people logged in?) it was very spotty. 

Issues disappeared after several days though. Cannot explain.