How does everyone get to the Port?

tonyfall1

I am booking a cruise with MSC out of Port Canaveral. Per this forums advice I am going to arrive a day early and stay near the airport (MCO). My plan is to Uber to the hotel, does everyone just Uber the next morning from the hotel to Port Canaveral?

1 hour ago, tonyfall1 said:

I am booking a cruise with MSC out of Port Canaveral. Per this forums advice I am going to arrive a day early and stay near the airport (MCO). My plan is to Uber to the hotel, does everyone just Uber the next morning from the hotel to Port Canaveral?

I’d get to coco beach and stay at a hotel that offers shuttle service to the port.  
such a nicer area to stay with things to do.  You can go to one of the restaurants on the water and watch ships leave on the day before.   Saturday I’d guess.   

I rented a car from MIA and there’s a budget in Coco beach you can drop off at that has a shuttle.   Car was 53.00.  Cheaper than an Uber to the port.  
but drop your bags and other family off first at the port.  Then return the car.    
and take one of the shuttles back by your self with no luggage.     
wish I knew this Sunday when I left.   
I found out while waiting for a shuttle about this trick. 
and if the lines are crazy for the shuttle.  
walk across the street to Wendy’s and grab a Lyft or Uber which Evers cheaper.    
I did that and it was $10.34. And I avoided the shuttle lines. 

• Like 1

Flew into PBI to visit the family and did one way rental to rental office near the port and they drove me to the ship. Had a late flight on return did one way rental from that office that picked us up at the ship to MCO and we did Kennedy Space Center during the day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

Flew into PBI to visit the family and did one way rental to rental office near the port and they drove me to the ship. Had a late flight on return did one way rental from that office that picked us up at the ship to MCO and we did Kennedy Space Center during the day.

Msc also has an excursion for that too.   Not sure of the requirements in regulars of flight time. 

Om on maraviglia now.  

121FCDB3-7408-40E4-9F67-D1FE70673D9F.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

We used GoPort to and from MCO/PC and vice versa. You can schedule it ahead of time on their website. Super easy. 

https://www.goport.com/?package_type=port-canaveral-transportation

Edited by styles27
Add link to GoPort
  • Like 1

First time sailing from Cape Canaveral.
We will be arriving at terminal 1 at the port by taxi. Will we be dropped off at the guest terminal entrance behind the parking garage? And if so, is the luggage drop off there outside the entrance?

Edited by Tough as Leather

53 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

First time sailing from Cape Canaveral.
We will be arriving at terminal 1 at the port by taxi. Will we be dropped off at the guest terminal entrance behind the parking garage? And if so, is the luggage drop off there outside the entrance?

Terminal 1 or 10?     What ship ?    
Taking a cab from where ?  

Edited by Cruise5life

4 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

I’d get to coco beach and stay at a hotel that offers shuttle service to the port.  
such a nicer area to stay with things to do.  You can go to one of the restaurants on the water and watch ships leave on the day before.   Saturday I’d guess.   

I rented a car from MIA and there’s a budget in Coco beach you can drop off at that has a shuttle.   Car was 53.00.  Cheaper than an Uber to the port.  
but drop your bags and other family off first at the port.  Then return the car.    
and take one of the shuttles back by your self with no luggage.     
wish I knew this Sunday when I left.   
I found out while waiting for a shuttle about this trick. 
and if the lines are crazy for the shuttle.  
walk across the street to Wendy’s and grab a Lyft or Uber which Evers cheaper.    
I did that and it was $10.34. And I avoided the shuttle lines. 

We've done this exact same thing several times. 

Also, if you're a Hertz person, the Residence Inn at PC had a Hertz facility right in front of the hotel. We return there and take their shuttle right to the port. Been a while since we've sailed out of PC though. 

10 hours ago, jules815 said:

We've done this exact same thing several times. 

Also, if you're a Hertz person, the Residence Inn at PC had a Hertz facility right in front of the hotel. We return there and take their shuttle right to the port. Been a while since we've sailed out of PC though. 

Is this current for Hertz?  Last time we were there Hertz was down for the count in late 2021.  Even Budget owner said so.

OP, you can check hotel prices, but both MCO and near Port hotels are crazy high.  For our upcoming trip, near Port are like $327 or more.  MCO least we'd accept is $160.

Rental cars, buyer beware.  Before the shutdown the agencies could not even come close to handling all the people.  Most shut down for long time.

We drove Miami to Port Canaveral late 2021 and some car places just opening up again.  Then small passenger counts and only a couple ships.  Worked OK but I'd be very wary of how it will go renting a car.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dexddd said:

OP, you can check hotel prices, but both MCO and near Port hotels are crazy high.  For our upcoming trip, near Port are like $327 or more.  MCO least we'd accept is $160.

Rental cars, buyer beware.  Before the shutdown the agencies could not even come close to handling all the people.  Most shut down for long time.

We drove Miami to Port Canaveral late 2021 and some car places just opening up again.  Then small passenger counts and only a couple ships.  Worked OK but I'd be very wary of how it will go renting a car.

You can find hotels a lot cheaper than that.   I paid 143.00 for a best western in Coco Beach and I booked the day before arrival.   Was it the best.  No.  But it was close to port for just sleeping.  
and I paid 53.00 for a budget rental car in MIa to MCO through Priceline for both car and hotel.  
you just have to keep checking prices.  They change daily.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

Is this current for Hertz?  Last time we were there Hertz was down for the count in late 2021.  Even Budget owner said so.

Oh wow...just did a quick google and it says the location is permanently closed. Boo. It was so convenient when we stayed at that Residence Inn.