How does dinner work on the Apex?

time4u2go

This will be our first time cruising with Celebrity.  We've cruised with several other cruise lines, and are excited to try out Celebrity.

I'm confused about how dining works on the Apex.  I know that there are 4 complimentary dining rooms, each somewhat different than the others.  They all have most of the same selections as the others each night, with a few selections that are unique to each of them.

I believe there is an option to have the same time/same table/same waiter/same dining room each night.  Is this correct?  If so, how do we select the time?  Can we select a specific one of the four dining rooms to eat in every night, or is it assigned to us?

I think I've also seen another option where we can instead just walk up to any of these dining rooms and be seated whenever we want.  Is this true?  Is there ever much of a wait when doing this?  How do we choose this option?

Are there any other things I should know about how this works?

Thank you in advance!

If you want the option to walk up to any of the dining rooms then when you  make your booking chose Select Dining.  If you show up at a very busy time there may be a short wait or you can check one of the other 3 dining rooms that may not be as busy at that time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

If you want the option to walk up to any of the dining rooms then when you  make your booking chose Select Dining.  If you show up at a very busy time there may be a short wait or you can check one of the other 3 dining rooms that may not be as busy at that time.

Thank you.  I assume there's another option to select to have the same time/location every night?

Yes, that is called traditional dining on Celebrity.  However on the Beyond (sister ship to the Apex) they have gone to all Select/anytime dining.  I don’t know if they have, or plan to do that with the Edge or Apex.

• Thanks 1

Was on Apex last week and dining in the MDR’s was not an issue with or without reservations (party of 4 and longest wait maybe 3 minutes …..did not go to Cosmopolitan for dinner as menu never excited us).  We had a server we really enjoyed in Cypress and made a reservation with the hostess on leaving the restaurant with request for same server on a following night which was honored.  Enjoy your cruise!!

Edited by H3Go
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In December, we spent 14 nights on Apex. On most of those evenings, we chose to rotate amongst the four MDRs. We turned up whenever we were ready to dine. If we encountered a line, we walked to another of the four restaurants. We dined in each restaurant at least twice, and we noticed that each restaurant host automatically tried to seat us with the same wait staff we’d had previously. Had we wished to dine exclusively in one of the restaurants having our two favorite wait staff teams, I think that would have been possible if we had arranged it with the Maître d’.

Have a wonderful cruise! She’s a beautiful ship, and Celebrity officers, staff and crew do their best to provide a great experience. 

• Thanks 2