B2B cruises not booked at the same time--question

Linda W.

Booked our cruises through TA.  We have done the online checkin for both our cruises and keep getting reminders about boarding day etc. etc. etc.  For our 2nd cruise there is not any mention of it being a b2b.  Do I need to send them an email or anything??  We do have a boarding time set for the 2nd cruise which we will not need I understand but do THEY know we are on a b2b.  Thanks for the advice.

5 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Booked our cruises through TA.  We have done the online checkin for both our cruises and keep getting reminders about boarding day etc. etc. etc.  For our 2nd cruise there is not any mention of it being a b2b.  Do I need to send them an email or anything??  We do have a boarding time set for the 2nd cruise which we will not need I understand but do THEY know we are on a b2b.  Thanks for the advice.

Celebrity doesn't sell the cruises as B2B. Both cruises are separate bookings. That's why you won't see a reference to B2B. The ships staff will know. But you can always go down to GS and ask if they can see that you will be cruising with them the following week as a consecutive cruisers (B2B). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

They know you are on a B2B but the automated systems do not.

You can ignore the emails.  While i went ahead and checked in for the second leg of our B2B it was unnecessary. All the paperwork was done onboard toward the end of the first leg. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity doesn't sell the cruises as B2B. Both cruises are separate bookings. That's why you won't see a reference to B2B. The ships staff will know. But you can always go down to GS and ask if they can see that you will be cruising with them the following week as a consecutive cruisers (B2B). 

Actually, the ship's staff does not apparently know that a passenger has booked b2b.  We booked upper suite B2B2B (same suite....I don't do moves cheerfully 🙂. ) over this past Christmas/NYE.  Until I mentioned to our shoreside concierge, X was not aware of this.  No problem.  I asked for the ship's staff to be notified.  Done and zero issues.  So I will ask my TA, in  future, to notify X of a b2b. Hopefully that will avoid having to deal with guest services.

• Like 1

We recently added a cruise before our Transatlantic. I booked the TA online but had a problem using a credit a month later  when I tried to book the second cruise.  I phoned Celebrity to sort this out and mentioned that I wanted  the same cabin.  The representative sorted it out and said she would mark our cruises as B2B.  She gave us a small discount on each, which is something we have never had before on any B2B.

I will be doing our first B2B cruise in October. I understand we need to exit the ship so it can be cleaned. Can we just wait at the cruise port lounge then get back on board since we don't need to go in town. We are on the Equinox Oct 8-14th & Oct 14-22nd cruises. This cruise is for my Wife to celebrate her 70th birthday.

5 minutes ago, ve3ell said:

I will be doing our first B2B cruise in October. I understand we need to exit the ship so it can be cleaned. Can we just wait at the cruise port lounge then get back on board since we don't need to go in town. We are on the Equinox Oct 8-14th & Oct 14-22nd cruises. This cruise is for my Wife to celebrate her 70th birthday.

The B2B cruises will be the last to disembark and the first ones to be on board. You will reboard after CBP check your passport.