OBC if Booking with Regent Elite Personal Consultant

SnorkelAway

Not sure if you're speaking about the cruise consultant onboard (?) or if this is some made up name for a consultant for a travel agency or Regent itself.  If there is a promo for SBC then yes, if it is from a TA it is up to them and or the agency.  Many TA's rebate part of the commission as SBC, the "major agencies" rebate/perks are probably the best.

13 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

If not, why would I use the Regent consultant to book?

Exactly.

To be fair, the vast majority of them are as knowledgeable (if not more so) than a decent travel agent. Its a safe bet to use one...there may just be cheaper ways to go and some people are looking for that.

4 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

Exactly.

In addition to OBC or cash rebates from a TA, a good TA will also go to bat for you if any problems arise while a cruise line employee no matter the fancy name will follow what he or she is told so if issues the employee wbutill not help should you have issues. 

As others have said in the past we cannot recommend TA's and to specifically answer your question,

aany of us see absolutely no upside and significant downsides to booking direct with any cruise line.   

There is no answer to your question.

• Like 1

I’m on regent now. We made friends with a couple who booked directly. They got nothing. They now have my tas card. They booked on board and xferred cruise to my ta.  Huge obc. Regent would have given them nothing 

best way to find a great ta is on the ship. I carry my tas card!!  Many others do as well

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bitob said:

I’m on regent now. We made friends with a couple who booked directly. They got nothing. They now have my tas card. They booked on board and xferred cruise to my ta.  Huge obc. Regent would have given them nothing 

best way to find a great ta is on the ship. I carry my tas card!!  Many others do as well

Amen, Amen!

Also, can't count how many times our TA has alerted me to deals (mostly gets them for me before I know about them) and helps with flight difficulties.

24 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Amen, Amen!

Also, can't count how many times our TA has alerted me to deals (mostly gets them for me before I know about them) and helps with flight difficulties.

Agreed.

Great TA > Regent Rep > Most TA

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Agreed.

Great TA > Regent Rep > Most TA

Actually would rather use any TA than a Regent or any other cruise line TA 

Problem with using a cruise line ta is the work fir yhe company not you and won’t go the extra effort to help you since their job is beholden to the cruise line  the ta dirks and is beholden to you. 

5 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Actually would rather use any TA than a Regent or any other cruise line TA 

Problem with using a cruise line ta is the work fir yhe company not you and won’t go the extra effort to help you since their job is beholden to the cruise line  the ta dirks and is beholden to you. 

That is a gross generalization on both fronts. I know TA's who literally rip off clients and couldn't care less about anything but money and I know Regent Reps who go above and beyond. The problem with generalizations is that they are almost never true.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

That is a gross generalization on both fronts. I know TA's who literally rip off clients and couldn't care less about anything but money and I know Regent Reps who go above and beyond. The problem with generalizations is that they are almost never true.

And yours is a generalization as well so now we have a stalemate. 

On 12/28/2022 at 8:13 AM, European_CruiseGirl said:

On 1/13/2023 at 6:01 PM, labonnevie said:

On 1/27/2023 at 12:13 PM, SnorkelAway said:

If I book a Regent cruise with a Regent Elite Personal Consultant, can the Consultant give me OBC as a TA might?

I don't know how these other posts got here. I was trying to respond to SnorkelAwaay. As others have said, it's a good idea to find a good travel agent who can give you other perks that a Regent consultant can't give you. You can probably find one on your cruise if you ask others. 

Edited by Carol From California