ALASKA

guylaine

One way car rental would be out of the question in terms of $$$.  I just did a quick search on the Alaska RR and the train would be about $270.  The cheapest would be to fly on Alaska Air.  Just a random search returned a fare of around $90+.  

Airplane, railroad, bus, drive, bicycle, walk.  Do you have any travel constraints or any decision-making criteria from which a more detailed  or reasoned list of alternatives can be provided?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 2:46 PM, guylaine said:

How to get to fairbanks from Anchorage.

Good morning, anybody who took a flight to fairbanks had any problem like cancel flight. According to a travel agent didn't want to book the flight because she can't garanteed that we'll make it there. Is there anything I should know about this.

Thank you for your respond I really apreciate

17 hours ago, guylaine said:

Good morning, anybody who took a flight to fairbanks had any problem like cancel flight. According to a travel agent didn't want to book the flight because she can't garanteed that we'll make it there. Is there anything I should know about this.

Are you asking about flights between Fairbanks and Anchorage?  Alaska Airlines offers several flight each day.  It is (obvious to those who live in Alaska) a non-stop and takes about 45 to 50 minutes.

22 hours ago, guylaine said:

Last May we flew from Fairbanks to Anchorage. The cost was under $100/person. Flight time under 1 hour. Planes were leaving almost every hour throughout the day. There were no delays or cancellations on that day. The flight was very good- we saw beautiful landscape from the airplane window. It felt almost like a tour. Both airports are not big or overwhelming. It was very easy and pleasant experience. That said, we had two train tours on that trip ( Anchorage to Whittier and Anchorage to Seward). If you have no train rides scheduled, then you can consider train as an option for train experience.