I added up all my drinks from my 5-night cruise

drwbrt

On 1/28/2023 at 9:49 AM, Monica887 said:

You had more than 16 drinks a day?! I can't even drink that much water....I don't understand the logistics of that. 

I really hope a large portion of that was non-alcoholic. Otherwise, I'd be advising anyone who drinks that much to check out the Friends of Bill W meeting onboard and/or meet with a doctor. Wow! 😳

22 hours ago, Lupush said:

I'm a drinker and my wife isn't, however we get great value out of the ultimate beverage package.  The Acqua Panna, Starbucks, bottled water, and Premium Spirits make it a no brainer for us.  Never added up my drinks over the course of a cruise like the OP, but I'd venture to say it's probably somewhere around the same amount.

This applies to me as well. I like my drinks, but my wife is very much a lightweight. She'll order one glass of wine and I'll end up drinking 1/2 of it. 😃 It's worth remembering that if you're traveling with someone else in the same cabin, as we are, you BOTH have to upgrade. In my case, I'd be essentially paying double for something only I'm using. It would NEVER be cost-effective for me to upgrade to FAS+ or Premium+. Notwithstanding the fact that I'd be passed out 1/2 the time if I drank 16 drinks a day! 🤣 Even on my thirstiest days, I've never been able to consume 16 portions of liquid of any variety. If I did, I'd spend 90% of my day using the bathroom, LOL!

On 1/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, gmbhardy said:

What logistics? Having 16 drinks a day on a cruise is pretty average (for drinkers).

Here in Canada they made study saying you should not get more than 2 drinks..... per week... so you would basically get your yearly intake in about 6 days  🤣

17 minutes ago, Sim1979 said:

Here in Canada they made study saying you should not get more than 2 drinks..... per week... so you would basically get your yearly intake in about 6 days  🤣

They're tooting that horn here in Ireland too. They're about to add health warnings to the labels of all alcoholic bottles and cans here and the Italian wineries are losing the plot objecting to it. Previously I think it was only the unit measure and a note that alcohol could be bad for you written on spirits and beers.

I'm seeing a growing section of non-alcoholic variants outside the drinks areas in the supermarkets here. It's only a matter of time before we start seeing alcohol-free rum and gin on the ships, I think there's already one alcohol free beer aboard.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

This applies to me as well. I like my drinks, but my wife is very much a lightweight. She'll order one glass of wine and I'll end up drinking 1/2 of it. 😃 It's worth remembering that if you're traveling with someone else in the same cabin, as we are, you BOTH have to upgrade. In my case, I'd be essentially paying double for something only I'm using. It would NEVER be cost-effective for me to upgrade to FAS+ or Premium+. Notwithstanding the fact that I'd be passed out 1/2 the time if I drank 16 drinks a day! 🤣 Even on my thirstiest days, I've never been able to consume 16 portions of liquid of any variety. If I did, I'd spend 90% of my day using the bathroom, LOL!

Yep, after thinking about it, this is exactly why we decided NOT to upgrade fo FAS+/Premium+.  My wife is a lightweight drinker and I'm not exactly a heavyweight drinker.  👍

I will say that the "expensive bottle of wine at dinner" and the starbucks is a nice perk.  However, my wife isn't much of a wine drinker anyway.  If we really want the odd starbucks, we will just a-la-carte it. 

• Like 1

Slightly related question - do you know if they have Bublr on board? Or where can I find a listing of the sodas and energy drinks available? I've looked at various PDFs and only seen the specific alcohol and sodas, but not other drinks listed. TIA

Just now, claimee said:

Slightly related question - do you know if they have Bublr on board? Or where can I find a listing of the sodas and energy drinks available? I've looked at various PDFs and only seen the specific alcohol and sodas, but not other drinks listed. TIA

Not sure if Bublr is a typo for Bubly; I'm going to assume so.  Our sailing had Red Bull (original, SF, and the tropical/yellow), Coke, Sprite, Coke Zero, Sprite Zero, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Ginger Ale, Ginger Beer. I saw Vizzy (hard seltzer) and Pellegrino, but I didn't see Bubly. They of course will make a seltzer and add a bit of fruit or juice if you'd like. There was a sports drink I believe @New2cruise2022 knows more about it. I think it was exclusive to NCL and came in the same TetraPak as the Flow waters. 

A lot of the beverages were offered as fountain and cans. I always opted for cans as the fountain normally meant about 5oz of liquid.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drwbrt said:

Not sure if Bublr is a typo for Bubly; I'm going to assume so.  Our sailing had Red Bull (original, SF, and the tropical/yellow), Coke, Sprite, Coke Zero, Sprite Zero, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Ginger Ale, Ginger Beer. I saw Vizzy (hard seltzer) and Pellegrino, but I didn't see Bubly. They of course will make a seltzer and add a bit of fruit or juice if you'd like. There was a sports drink I believe @New2cruise2022 knows more about it. I think it was exclusive to NCL and came in the same TetraPak as the Flow waters. 

A lot of the beverages were offered as fountain and cans. I always opted for cans as the fountain normally meant about 5oz of liquid.

I did spell it wrong--it's actually Bubbl'r, a caffeinated flavored water my younger daughter drinks instead of coffee. My older daughter is a diet dr. pepper addict, and I cannot find anywhere that shows if it's available. She's autistic and change in routine is hard, so I'm hoping that one little thing might be the same. If not, she'll settle for diet coke, but I'm sure I'll hear about it the whole trip. 😛

Thanks again! Your info is very helpful and appreciated!

4 minutes ago, claimee said:

I did spell it wrong--it's actually Bubbl'r, a caffeinated flavored water my younger daughter drinks instead of coffee. My older daughter is a diet dr. pepper addict, and I cannot find anywhere that shows if it's available. She's autistic and change in routine is hard, so I'm hoping that one little thing might be the same. If not, she'll settle for diet coke, but I'm sure I'll hear about it the whole trip. 😛

I never saw Dr Pepper or the diet variety on the ship. @New2cruise2022 tried some Diet Dr Pepper in Ensenada at the 7-Eleven and was VERY disappointed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, claimee said:

Asked in a couple of occasions and didn’t have luck with the Dr Pepper. The Diet Coke and the Coke Zero were always good and the Coke Zero was always in a can. Premium Plus included Redbull and they have a Gatorade type of drink. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drwbrt said:

I never saw Dr Pepper or the diet variety on the ship. @New2cruise2022 tried some Diet Dr Pepper in Ensenada at the 7-Eleven and was VERY disappointed.

<sigh> It's a small thing, but to her it's huge. I'll start prepping her now so it's not a shock when we get on board. Hopefully the go karts will be a big enough plus to offset the DP loss. 🙂 

4 hours ago, Sim1979 said:

I am from Canada. Now that’s efficient, eh.

6 hours ago, Sim1979 said:

The implication is NCL shouldn't let Canadians buy the drink package. All in the interest of their health of course.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sim1979 said:

Here in America they have a study saying you should not consumer more than 2,000 calories..... per day.....I think we all get that in a trip around the buffet that ends at the soft serve machine.

I vacation maybe once a year and at the current rate cruise once every 20 months.  Indulgence feels right 5 out of 600 days.

• Like 3

On 1/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, gmbhardy said:

What logistics? Having 16 drinks a day on a cruise is pretty average (for drinkers).

especially for us - escaping winter brutality to a cruise makes me drink - I just returned from a 16-day Regent Splendor cruise; I counted in my head an average amount of drinks per day I had (starting with 3 champagne glasses around 7-7:30 am each morning) - it's around 14.

13 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

especially for us - escaping winter brutality to a cruise makes me drink - I just returned from a 16-day Regent Splendor cruise; I counted in my head an average amount of drinks per day I had (starting with 3 champagne glasses around 7-7:30 am each morning) - it's around 14.

My point, exactly.

9 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

My point, exactly.

Bills kaput, Sabers lost (again) last night ... now have to wait (and cruise during that waiting) until next September ("The Hope dies last").

Edited by kirtihk

28 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I like how you cruise.

33 minutes ago, drwbrt said:

I like how you cruise.

Typically I finish my last Scotch shot around 12:30 - 1am while having conversations with fellow passengers and crew members (mostly from the entertainment team at that time like 3 Ukranian guys from the Regent Orchestra - they also were allowed to take a drink after their performance at the lounge; so, we were on par (no guilt  of drinking on my part) ).  Then I wake up around 6:20 am to do a fast walk with freshly squeezed multi-vegetable juice on the deck above pool; then proceed to a champagne routine and beyond.  Oh, and we will have a cruise on Beyond in April 2024 ...  so, I need to go beyond of that, too ...

Voyage, Voyage!!!

Edited by kirtihk