I added up all my drinks from my 5-night cruise

drwbrt

5 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

on my next cruise, I'm going to make it a point to drink 16 alcoholic drinks a day, tip with a $2 bill each time and pour a couple into a zip lock bag and carry it back to my cabin 😜

@dbrown84thank you - this was the best post of all time.!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

I am considering the FAS+ for Starbucks and Internet alone - especially if Starlink is added before our cruise!  Between those upgrades and I think using 2 days of excursion credits, the FAS+ package equals out in what we would pay.

There’s no limit to the bottle cost, to my understanding.

We'll publish something about our internet review (not starlink). 

I think Starbucks, Internet, and Excursion is worth it. Add in fancy waters and drink or soda and you're there. I never ordered by the bottle so I can't comment one way or another.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

16 alcoholic drinks per day is grossly unhealthy.

From a European standpoint - no! My Italian and French relatives due this quite regularly and suffer from no adverse health issues.

Is it any healthier to drink a dozen cans of soda / pop with all of that sugar? Just look at all of your fellow cruise passengers who are adamant about their right to bring cases of soda on board.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

on my next cruise, I'm going to make it a point to drink 16 alcoholic drinks a day, tip with a $2 bill each time and pour a couple into a zip lock bag and carry it back to my cabin 😜

Thanks for this. It offered a good laugh, but also points at one thing we don't understand about cruising: perspective.

It's vacation right? Let loose a little. Live fuller. Have fun. Be a little more patient, a little more flexible, a little more understanding. We enjoyed our time because we were on vacation; even when that time was waiting in a terminal or for a tender (more on this later). If you're not having a good time maybe you're on vacation with the wrong people, including...perhaps...yourself (not you @dbrown84, I was speaking generally. You're a delight and I want you to join us on our next cruise; I'll bring the Ziplocs).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry if this is a basic question but if you get FAS+ does that include the Starbucks machine? I hear the line for Starbucks can be lengthy so if I'm calculating that into my personal equation, I want to make sure I have it right. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

16 alcoholic drinks per day is grossly unhealthy.

I would say my husband and I have about this much on a cruise! We are both healthy and active, but never without a drink on vacation. We don't drink this way every day in our normal life but for most healthy people doing this on vacation is fine. We are never falling over drunk either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilovesparky13 said:

It absolutely is not 😂 It sounds like you may need some help. 

Well “Sparky’, I’m offended by your assertion that I need help. To prove I’m in total control of my booze consumption, I’m going to cut down to 15 drinks per day on my next cruise (doubles only count as one drink - right).😛

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, dcollette said:

Sorry if this is a basic question but if you get FAS+ does that include the Starbucks machine? I hear the line for Starbucks can be lengthy so if I'm calculating that into my personal equation, I want to make sure I have it right. 

Not sure I know what you mean? Is there coffee vending I don’t know about? 

the line was never too bad for us, but it was normally early in the morning or in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

Just now, gmbhardy said:

Well “Sparky’, I’m offended by your assertion that I need help. To prove I’m in total control of my booze consumption, I’m going to cut down to 15 drinks per day on my next cruise (doubles only count as one drink - right).😛

you-can-do-it-meme-18134.jpg?w=340

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

And then proceed directly to customer service to have your DSC removed. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

For us the FAS+ package always makes sense. Not because we’d drink very much booze but we drink all the other stuff. As someone already mentioned FAS+ can be valued at approx $62/day. Now how we drink on a cruise is as follows (per person):

Morning: mimosa made with freshly squeezed oj + additional large freshly squeezed oj, Pellegrino (approx $22 w/o tax) 

After breakfast before lunch: a couple of cokes etc (approx $6)

Lunch: 1 glass of wine + Pellegrino and/or more coke (approx $15)

Afternoon: 1 cocktail by the pool, cokes, Starbucks Frappucino etc (approx $25)

Dinnertime: 3 glasses of wine, Pellegrino (approx $35)

Add there a couple of additional cokes here and there and it is already well over $100 per day per person. And thinking about alcoholic drinks it required only a mimosa, one cocktail and 4 glasses of wine during the day as we had so many non alcoholic drinks too. Now obviously with FAS+ we take the mimosa with champagne and one of the wine glasses at dinner is champagne too but tbh if we didnt take FAS+ we’d take prosecco so I calculated the above with the prosecco prices. 

You are welcome to join us on our next happy drinking friendly people cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, drwbrt said:

I’m in marketing, I’m just a total nerd. 

He is a total nerd. The definition of nerd. We talk everyday. I haven’t used Google in 10 years. I pose a question and he is my google. Gathers data, crunches it, spits it back out in a form I can use it. If you don’t have a nerd like this guy, you need to find one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, New2cruise2022 said:

He is a total nerd. The definition of nerd. We talk everyday. I haven’t used Google in 10 years. I pose a question and he is my google. Gathers data, crunches it, spits it back out in a form I can use it. If you don’t have a nerd like this guy, you need to find one. 

Oh, and he can still nerd out like this at 11 PM after he has had 16 drinks …

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

All kidding aside....there's an idea!  I will bring my handy dandy Yeti beverage tumbler and have some nice saved coctails in my cabin. :classic_biggrin:

42 minutes ago, uneamie said:

All kidding aside....there's an idea!  I will bring my handy dandy Yeti beverage tumbler and have some nice saved coctails in my cabin. :classic_biggrin:

We brought our Yeti’s and used them at times. It was great to get two drinks and keep them cold. And the straw is better

• Like 2

14 hours ago, drwbrt said:

I kept track of all the drinks I ordered on my 5-night Mexican cruise on the Bliss. Here are the results.

I ordered a total of 82 drinks that would have totaled $898. This is before the additional $179.60 that I would have spent in gratuity.

I accepted the FAS offer at the time of booking, this incurred a $109 gratuity for the bar service. I also upgraded to FAS+ for $210. In total my outlay was $319 for $1,077.60 of value. This is before we consider the added value of unlimited internet (non-streaming) at $125, and two additional specialty dinings at $99 ($10 gratuity per).

All in, I spent $349 and received what would have cost $1,369.40 if I purchased individually and a la carte. I don't know that I would assign $1,000+ of extra value that I feel like I got. I do however think that I came out on top. If you value the internet and specialty dining at face value, you only have to drink a Starbucks in the morning and a glass of wine at dinner to come out on top.

Have my first NCL cruise, a 9 night booked. Got the FAS when I booked paying $392 in drink gratuities.

If I were to upgrade to Plus the offer is for $441pp so $882 total.

So I'm confused, does that $882 upgrade charge include gratuities or am I paying an extra $882 plus the $392 I already paid for gratuities? 

If it does include gratuities since I already paid $392 do I just pay the balance of $490...$882-$392=$490?

4 hours ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

I am considering the FAS+ for Starbucks and Internet alone - especially if Starlink is added before our cruise!  Between those upgrades and I think using 2 days of excursion credits, the FAS+ package equals out in what we would pay.

There’s no limit to the bottle cost, to my understanding.

There actually is a limit to the bottle cost in that the bottles available for purchase using the FAS+ plan are specifically indicated in the wine menu. If I recall correctly, the highest priced wines by the bottle under the FAS+ drink package on our recent cruise were $99 per bottle. If the bottles aren’t listed under the drink package, then you can buy them at a 40% discount from the menu price. For example, Dom Perignon was not available under the package, but was available by the bottle at a 40% discount from the menu price which was listed between $250 and $300 as I recall. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Have my first NCL cruise, a 9 night booked. Got the FAS when I booked paying $392 in drink gratuities.

If I were to upgrade to Plus the offer is for $441pp so $882 total.

So I'm confused, does that $882 upgrade charge include gratuities or am I paying an extra $882 plus the $392 I already paid for gratuities? 

If it does include gratuities since I already paid $392 do I just pay the balance of $490...$882-$392=$490?

no, you'll pay $882 for the upgrade on top of everything you've already paid. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Invest in RumRunners. They're much better.

• Haha 2

I was paying the upgrade fee for unlimited internet yesterday (before NCL realise they can jack up the prices with starlink) and was kinda distracted by the FAS+ offer.

It was listed as about €273 and I had a serious think about it. In the end I just went for the wifi upgrade and now FAS+ has disappeared as an upgrade option. 

I'm not a coffee drinker nor too much of a top shelf liquor person and since I travel solo the extra excursion credit is not applicable to me.  But I'll definitely keep it in mind for future bookings as it'll probably be worthwhile for the bottled water alone in my case.

BTW for those not familiar with EU€ pricing our base fare tends to be a lot higher than you get in $, we also pay for FAS which used to be €99 for a 7day but has now gone up to €149 and yes that includes gratuities. 

For those that might be curious the Euro upgrade packages pricing for a 7-day cruise at the moment are as follows (AFAIK Gratuities are included due to EU rules):

FAS+ €273

PBP+ €234

2 meal specialty dining add on €69

Unlimited wifi €106

Unlimitied wifi w/streaming €173

FAS+ includes PBP+, 2SDP and unlimited wifi, so those 3 alone combine to exceed the price of FAS+.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dcollette said:

Nothing from a "vending" dispenser is included in either of the beverage packages.

• Like 1