Stateroom question

smw621

When our cruise was booked we didn't opt to select our stateroom, we did request a balcony and adjoining stateroom.   We were told we'll be assigned a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony stateroom.   Does that mean it's an inside balcony and not oceanview?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, smw621 said:

When our cruise was booked we didn't opt to select our stateroom, we did request a balcony and adjoining stateroom.   We were told we'll be assigned a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony stateroom.   Does that mean it's an inside balcony and not oceanview?

Thanks!

When booking guarantees you cannot request adjoining staterooms.  you could end up on different decks at different ends of the ship.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, smw621 said:

Thanks!

Yes, on Oasis class ships nearly always the least expensive balcony guarantee will be category XN, a Neighborhood Balcony gty.  That means you could get a Central Park balcony or a boardwalk balcony.  One sees a bit of ocean from some of the Boardwalk balconies.  All  neighborhood balconies have natural light and fresh air.  There is no way to request adjoining cabins when you book any type of gty cabin.  You booked two XN cabins you might be assigned one CP plus one BW or 2 BW or 2 CP…they might be on same deck or different decks…no way to predict.  Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

4 hours ago, smw621 said:

Yes. You are in a balcony where everyone below and above will be watching you (make sure to close you drapes at night). 

On 1/30/2023 at 3:38 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

When booking guarantees you cannot request adjoining staterooms.  you could end up on different decks at different ends of the ship.

It would have been nice had they told us that when we booked. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, smw621 said:

It would have been nice had they told us that when we booked. 

Once your stateroom has been assigned you can ask for a cabin change as long as you stay in the same category.. Do not mention you booked a GTY, make a mock booking to see what cabins are available and ask to go from cabin xxx to cabin xyx. Your biggest problem may be that the two cabins are assigned weeks or months apart.  I booked a cabin GTY back in Oct. and got my cabin number a few days later, my son booked a cabin the same day and now 4 months later his cabin is still unassigned. We booked Navigator for April.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smw621 said:

I just realized, I meant connecting room not adjoining. Sorry

Regardless of whether the request is connecting or joining there is no guarantee unless you pay the higher rate to pick your cabin.  Best to be prepared to be in different locations and then it is a bonus if you aren't.  If you will not be happy being apart it would be best to call and ask how much it would be to upgrade to pick your own rooms.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2023 at 7:17 PM, smw621 said:

I just realized, I meant connecting room not adjoining. Sorry

A few years ago we booked 2 guarantee balcony cabins and requested connecting rooms or at least near each other. We got one cabin at the front of the ship and the other at the back of the ship on a different deck. Never again. 
if you need connecting best to pay extra and chose cabins yourself.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:25 PM, Marie51 said:

A few years ago we booked 2 guarantee balcony cabins and requested connecting rooms or at least near each other. We got one cabin at the front of the ship and the other at the back of the ship on a different deck. Never again. 
if you need connecting best to pay extra and chose cabins yourself.

Thank you