Coast Long Beach Hotel, How far of a walk to The Pike/Shoreline Village ?

Jimbo

I see the Queensway Bridge right there, can you go over that bridge on foot or is it cars only? If you can walk it, how far from Coast Long Beach Hotel to The Pike/Shoreline Village Area, I know The Pike is closest and the Shoreline is just past The Pike.

Anyone here ever walk it?

Jimbo:)

I see the Queensway Bridge right there, can you go over that bridge on foot or is it cars only? If you can walk it, how far from Coast Long Beach Hotel to The Pike/Shoreline Village Area, I know The Pike is closest and the Shoreline is just past The Pike.

Anyone here ever walk it?

Yes, you can walk over the bridge, I would estimate that it is a good 1 - 1 1/2 mile walk though. Have a look at this pic - I am sitting on the bench outside the Coast hotel and Parkers Lighthouse [the best restaurant in Shoreline Village] is the red roofed building on the other side. Much easier is to catch the free bus service. Take the red bus from the hotel into LB, and then swap onto the purple bus that takes you to the Pike and Shoreline.

P1000114.JPG.059a219cb9ffe642574ed1d7b2b3bc72.JPG

Yes, you can walk over the bridge, I would estimate that it is a good 1 - 1 1/2 mile walk though. Have a look at this pic - I am sitting on the bench outside the Coast hotel and Parkers Lighthouse [the best restaurant in Shoreline Village] is the red roofed building on the other side. Much easier is to catch the free bus service. Take the red bus from the hotel into LB, and then swap onto the purple bus that takes you to the Pike and Shoreline.

We were there last Month, stayed at The Westin though on Ocean Blvd. We ate at Bubba Gumps, Near the Pike/ Aquarium, but we did walk over to the Shoreline Village and back to The Westin. From the Westin to Bubba Gumps was about 6/10 of a mile.

From what you are saying though, walking from the Coast Long Beach Hotel is not an option, a mile or a mile and half is to far.

Tell me about the buses there, we saw them running around the city but we never used them while we were there last month.

How often does the Red Bus come to the Coast ? and where in Long Beach does it let you off at? Are there certain Red buses to get on or does everyone go to The Pike/ Shoreline Village? You said something about swapping to the Purple Buses, little confused here.

What buses to use on the way back?

Help Please

Great Map, Thanks !

Looks like all we will need is Passport C to get to Pine Circle from the Coast Hotel and if we are to lazy to just walk we just need to take the Passport B to get to the Shoreline Village.

I guess as long as we jump on a Passport C Bus we will eventually get back to the Coast Long Beach Hotel.

Any idea how often these Buses run these routes? Seem nice the run this route up into the Hotel area and then back out to continue the route. Weird they didn't make those people walk out to the main road to catch the bus.

Looks like this hotel will be alright after all even though it isn't right next to the down town area.

That will work, we will be there on a Friday before our Saturday sail-away on Radiance of the Seas. 15 minutes from Queen Mary to 1st street is great !

Really we are only interested in the things around the Pike and Shoreline Village and maybe Breakfast at Roscoes' Chicken N' Waffles on East Broadway Street.

Thanks again for all the info

We stayed at the Coast for our last cruise and used the shuttle often to get to the Pike nad Shoreline Village. It was VERY convenient and the shuttles came every 15 minutes (if not sooner). The walk from the Coast to the Queen Mary is 10-20 minutes depending on your pace but is a fun walk. You can walk over the bridge but there's lots of traffic and would take quite a bit longer than the Passport Shuttles.

There is a "bus" schedule right out front of the Coast Hotel near the bench where the trolley bus stops. It is a relaxing way to tour Long Beach. Drivers are very courteous and will let you know which bus to change to and where to get off. Don't hesitate to ask them. One driver even took us to a CVS type store as my camera failed at the start of our trip. She insisted that we get off at another stop, so we wouldn't have to walk in a less desirable area. The Parker's Lighthouse was wonderful for dinner at the Shoreline area. We bought the Park, Stay and Eat package at the Coast which included a great buffet breakfast the morning we set sail. Even though we did not have a car, the price included all taxes and port shuttles, which made it a good bargain.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

This link might help. I stayed at the Coast this last December but had a car. Saw the stop for the shuttle right in front of the hotel. Looked convenient.

http://www.longbeach.gov/community/passport.asp

Thanks so much for the map. Is there a map like this for San Pedro Area? We are staying at the Holiday Inn San Pedro and I would love to go to eat at Bubba Gumps.

Thanks for any info.

Judy

Judy, will you have a car? The Passport bus only goes around Long Beach and does not go to San Pedro.

No we will be using the Holiday Inn pick up at LAX to Hotel then suttle to Ship then hotel pickup at ship back to LAX. Is there any other transportation in San Pedro to use to go to eat? Thank you so much for your help. These boards are so helpful.

Judy

Judy,

Unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with San Pedro as with Long Beach. When we cruised in December we stayed in Long Beach, so I knew quite a bit from that research.

I do remember reading about the Holiday Inn as we thought about staying in San Pedro but in my research it didn't sound like there was alot around San Pedro so we decided to stay in Long Beach.

If I recall it did sound like there were some restaurants near the Holiday Inn. If you do a search for "Holiday Inn San Pedro" you can probably find some info from people who stayed there.

Wish I knew more for you. But I agree, these boards are great. It's a great place for us to share our experiences. That's why I try to help when I can.

Archived