Jeter02

Do you use Princess EZ Air When Booking Flights  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Princess EZ Air When Booking Flights

• EZ Air Embark Only / Independent Disembark
    • EZ Air Embark and Disembark
    • Independent Embark / EZ Air Diaembark Only
    • Independent Embark and Disembark

This is an issue where one size does not fit all.  One should certainly look at all the options (including EZAIR) and act accordingly.  Having done an awful lot of cruising (all over the world) with Princess and other lines we have a very simple formula.  For domestic flights (within the USA) we never use EZAIR as we can usually do as well on our own and will often choose Southwest (not generally available on EZAIR).  For International, it is a different story.  In fact, the EZAIR deals for international Business/First Class can be be amazing (we are talking about thousands of dollars in savings).  With our international bookings (on any line) we also do a comparison of the cruise line deals vs doing it on our own.  In the final analysis, for us, it comes down to who has the best deal.

Hank

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

This is an issue where one size does not fit all.  One should certainly look at all the options (including EZAIR) and act accordingly.  Having done an awful lot of cruising (all over the world) with Princess and other lines we have a very simple formula.  For domestic flights (within the USA) we never use EZAIR as we can usually do as well on our own and will often choose Southwest (not generally available on EZAIR).  For International, it is a different story.  In fact, the EZAIR deals for international Business/First Class can be be amazing (we are talking about thousands of dollars in savings).  With our international bookings (on any line) we also do a comparison of the cruise line deals vs doing it on our own.  In the final analysis, for us, it comes down to who has the best deal.

Hank

We also accumulate plenty of FF points too so we have to balance EZAir, direct airline purchases and then the FF deals. The FF deals aren't always that great either, too many points required, terrible flight choices and so on. For our upcoming RT through Barcelona we ended up going with a mixed AA/BA deal that was a mixture of points and money. It beat EZAir and wasn't that many points but the connections weren't as good. Money saved won out on that one.

2 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Answered my own question with a little digging.  The EZ air sight has a link where you can look up your flight route and it will tell you - in my case 1st bag free.

I only use EZ air for international since Southwest out of Denver is hard to beat domestically and you get free bags.

My comment was related to the free checking bag that one receives on United domestic flights only when the flight is purchased with the United charge card.  

On an International flight it does not matter if the United card is used to purchase the flight. (This would also apply (one free checked bag) on any Domestic connecting flight)

• Thanks 1

Based on my limited experience with EzAir for international flights, if I still had my FF points and status from working years (and I do not), I think I would be using EzAir for cruising and my FF points to fly Business to Europe when not taking a cruise.

5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

I live in Hawaii and every time I book flights to the mainland, Southwest is the most expensive.

For example, when I fly over for my cruise in June we will visit Las Vegas first. The non-stop R/T fare on Hawaiian with changes permitted is $466. It includes seat choice and a simple meal.

On Southwest it is over $1,000 and allows two free bags. Not a tough choice for me.