Questions about Princess Majestic

ImperialLady

I have a bazillon but will start with these. I know the answers have been postedon CC many, many times. I am just not savvy enough to find them and please don't tell me to use the search function as it hates me😛 

1. What is the charge for the Hollywood Conservatory?

2. What is the charge for specialty dining? 

3. Do all the speciality dining venues charge the same? 

4. If you could only chose 1 specialty restaurant, which one would you chose and why.

Thanks😁

No charge for the Hollywood Conservatory.

Speciality dining recently increased. It was $29 per person. I believe it is now $39. 

We enjoyed Bistro Sur la Mer; we enjoyed the music from the piazza, the food was amazing and we enjoyed the relaxed dining. The lobster bisque, escargot, filet, duck and floating island desert were delightful! 

Have an amazing cruise 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Speciality dining recently increased. It was $29 per person. I believe it is now $39. 

We enjoyed Bistro Sur la Mer; we enjoyed the music from the piazza, the food was amazing and we enjoyed the relaxed dining. The lobster bisque, escargot, filet, duck and floating island desert were delightful! 

Have an amazing cruise 😄

WOW thank you for responding with great info.  I love there is no charge for the beautiful Conservatory.  The food at the Bistro sounds very yummy. How is the duck prepared??  Again thank you

Edited by ImperialLady

6 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

As above, except I prefer the Crown Grill. I like the lamb chops and the salted caramel creme brulee cheesecake. 😃

Thanks ...we ate at the Crown Grill twice..the first time it was a great experience. The last time, last year on the Discovery...not great. I have not tried the lamb chops. But I might this time. Again thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ImperialLady said:

WOW thank you for responding with great info.  I love there is no charge for the beautiful Conservatory.  The food at the Bistro sounds very yummy. How is the duck prepared??  Again thank you

It was seared, and melted in the mouth, so tender,  with a delicious sauce that was just the right amount of sweet without being overpowering.

Feel free to ask any questions, they bring back wonderful memories! 

• Thanks 1

The Hollywood Conservatory is indeed a beautiful space. However we found it unusable due to the extremely strong chlorine smell, but perhaps we're more sensitive than some.

I'll second the fact that the lamb is very good at the Crown Grill.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

However we found it unusable due to the extremely strong chlorine smell,

We had the same experience on all 4 of our Majestic sailings.  We are not a fan of this venue, would much prefer that they eventually convert the space into a "Sanctuary."

Edited by LACruiser88

13 hours ago, jwattle said:

It was seared, and melted in the mouth, so tender,  with a delicious sauce that was just the right amount of sweet without being overpowering.

Feel free to ask any questions, they bring back wonderful memories! 

OMG I am starting to drool! 😁 Thank you..please feel free to offer any suggestions or hints!  I soak it all up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jwattle said:

Have an amazing cruise 😄

I could not get used to the location of the Bistro being wide open to passengers walking by. Would much prefer if it was in a separate room

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

The Hollywood Conservatory is indeed a beautiful space. However we found it unusable due to the extremely strong chlorine smell, but perhaps we're more sensitive than some.

I'll second the fact that the lamb is very good at the Crown Grill.

Oh a strong chlorine odor isn't pleasant at all! 😝 Sounds like I really need to try the lamb chops.  Thanks

Edited by ImperialLady

22 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We had the same experience on all 4 of our Majestic sailings.  We are not a fan of this venue, would much prefer that they eventually convert the space into a "Sanctuary."

That is really disappointing...I was hoping to spend some time there while going to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay.  Thanks

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

I could not get used to the location of the Bistro being wide open to passengers walking by. Would much prefer if it was in a separate room

Thanks, that is the same location that the Bistro was on Discovery and being wide open and the constant flow of foot traffic made it loud. Didn't seem very cozy

• Like 1

We were in a suite, and Ana Lucia, the suite concierge, saw to it that we were seated in a wonderful spot.

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Good luck when it is packed. I actually had people looking over my shoulder at my food

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Good luck when it is packed. I actually had people looking over my shoulder at my food

Oh that would freak me out....I am a tad of a germaphobic..I won't eat birthday cake if ANYONE has blown candles out on it😠...I have missed out on a lot of birthday cakes!!