Scenic Price Increases

pete_coach

We just got the new booklet from Scenic.

I realize costs have gone up for everyone but just Wow, have the prices ever gone up on Scenic.

We have done 2 Scenic European cruises and were contemplating another for later this year but will unfortunately not use Scenic.

We love Scenic, and still do but I think they out priced themselves.

Don't overlook Emerald Cruises.  Scenic's little sister.  We've cruised both, and don't think Emerald is a big step down.  You do get fewer excursion choices, but Emerald had the option for less mobile pax, while Scenic put us all on the same bus.  Emerald doesn't have all inclusive beverages all day, but does have with meals.  BUT like Scenic, does have gratuities included.  Give them a look!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lenetere said:

Don't overlook Emerald Cruises.  Scenic's little sister.  We've cruised both, and don't think Emerald is a big step down.  You do get fewer excursion choices, but Emerald had the option for less mobile pax, while Scenic put us all on the same bus.  Emerald doesn't have all inclusive beverages all day, but does have with meals.  BUT like Scenic, does have gratuities included.  Give them a look!

On our Scenic cruises there were always 3 options from vigorous to normal to gentle walkers.

Especially if only one couple is going, first Scenic Gem cruise we opted for Bolbec and the ex textile site. There was never any suggestion that we changed our choice because we were the only participants. One very nice large Merc., our driver, us two a tour guide and we were asked if we didn’t mind a trainee tour guide coming with us. As I’m just a bit of a crafter and heritage buff - fabulous. Eight years later we’ve just booked the Seine cruise again it will be interesting to compare. 
I do have a story of some one on a slow tour who was well and truly put in their place but maybe another time.

On 2/5/2023 at 1:29 PM, pete_coach said:

On our Scenic cruises there were always 3 options from vigorous to normal to gentle walkers.

That would have been nice!  Was yours recent?  Ours was last spring.  South France.

2 minutes ago, lenetere said:

That would have been nice!  Was yours recent?  Ours was last spring.  South France.

This past summer. Same cruise as you but different dates as You I think?

Nice to Lyon on the Rhone. (Actually the ship was in Tarascon but they bused us from Nice to Tarascon)