Carnival Panorama to sail a pair of transpacific cruises in 2024

CruiseAdict218

John just announced that Panorama will be sailing a pair of transpacific cruises, a 18-Day from Long Beach to Yokohama, Japan with stops in Alaska and Japan along the way (8/22/24), and the return leg leaves Singapore on 10/24/24, stoping at Vietnam, Malaysia, Guam & Hawaii before ending in Long Beach, with this one being 25 days.

Nice to see Carnival doing some more exotic itineraries for a change, sure wish I could book!  

• Like 2

I assume a portion if not all of it will be dry dock, I believe this will be the first once since it debuted in 2019? However the first leg ends in Japan rather than Singapore and the second leg leaves from Singapore. But it seems like a lot of time though, I don't think they would make any drastic changes to the ship, other than usual maintenance and apply the new livery?

3 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

I assume a portion if not all of it will be dry dock, I believe this will be the first once since it debuted in 2019? However the first leg ends in Japan rather than Singapore and the second leg leaves from Singapore. But it seems like a lot of time though, I don't think they would make any drastic changes to the ship, other than usual maintenance and apply the new livery?

with only about 6-8 weeks between the two sailings and the fact ship is only just 5 years old, i think it is just maintenance and new paint job

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Just announced that there are a couple 'exotic' cruises while she's over there! Just saw my PVP post.

Edit:  Those just added Journeys are on SPLENDOR so the drydock speculation regarding Panorama makes sense unless they simply haven't yet announced some Far East interim itineraries.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So, is there a place to dry dock the boat in Singapore?  I though the dry docks were usually in Italy.

I am sure there are a number of shipyards there, but I know that Norweigan has used Sembawang shipyard in Singapore in the past.

Edited by Cousin Eddie

12 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So, is there a place to dry dock the boat in Singapore?  I though the dry docks were usually in Italy.

Yes, a fairly popular one for ships based in the at region, Holland America’s Westerdam is wrapping up a dry dock there now and Pacific Encounter (P&O Aus) is heading there for an extensive dry dock to add waterslides and other outdoor activities. 

• Like 1

Shoot, I was looking to book a back to back 5 and then 6 day on the Panorama starting November 5th, guess those aren’t happening now. I noticed she was off the schedule for a couple of months prior and presumed it was a dry dock. I’ll keep looking, hoping the Costa ship will be on the West Coast by Fall 2024. 

Edited by LaRue1975

The 25 night is really enticing, but I did similar on the Splendor in 2019 from Long Beach to Singapore. It was a great trip, but you have to love sea days (I do). I just wish there were better perks for those at top tier. They are going to be breaking up the Royal Caribbean World cruise into 17 legs, so I’m waiting to see what those prices might be. This cruise has a great price. I do love Singapore a lot….