Versailles Restaurant - Miami

Tryingtocruise

Hi,

We are driving to Miami from the west coast of Florida on this Friday night.  Boarding the Carnival Horizon Saturday morning.  I'm hoping we will arrive between 7 and 8 pm.  Is there any chance of getting into this restaurant at this time without waiting forever?  Is there parking in the area?  Are we better off ordering on the website and picking it up and then having it at the hotel?  We are staying near the airport.  Also, if we do carry out, we can do a "drive by" - DH will let me out, drive around the block while I pick up the food and pick me up when I'm done.

Thanks

Versailles is usually a very busy restaurant no matter when you go there. My last visit in September 2022 we arrived around 8:00PM and there was a fifteen minute wait for a table. We parked in the one lot located near the bakery and main entrance. There is also a larger parking lot behind the building and another large one just west of the restaurant.

There are plenty of better Cuban restaurants that won't have a wait. But, Versailles is the classic restaurant of Miami. For a first time visitor it is worth the 15-30 min wait. If the wait is long, plenty of options near by like La Carreta right across the street. They both have parking lots. 

• 2 weeks later...

plenty of options near by like La Carreta right across the street. 

AMEN ... tourists go to V and locals go the LaC'

p.s. I can not CONFIRM but I understand the same family owns BOTH . . . <LaC' has several locations around the city>

one is 'fancy' <kinda>

other is 'family'

having lived in Miami for 9 years and Mrs office close to V ...... we usually choose to go to LaC ...... if entertaining MAYBE V' .... or for a quick lunch

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help.  We ended up at Versailles.  Waited about 10 minutes.  Food was good and surprisingly inexpensive.  Went to El Pub for breakfast on Saturday.  We shared a pork and egg sandwich.  My husband really enjoyed that, but I thought it was very dry.  When we returned the following Sunday we did breakfast at Islas Canarias.  That was pretty good and hubby was happy because he got my coffee in addition to his.  (Can't stand the stuff! Makes me want to puke!)

We'll be back in Miami in early September for a couple of nights before our Western Caribbean cruise. Probably going to the Marlins games (GO NATS!) but will be able to try more places then.