2024 World Cruise Details

CruisePfan

11 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Just received an e-mail from Crystal about the World Cruise.

Gosh - so did I 

hero

2024 WORLD CRUISE 

AN EXTRAORDINARY 125-NIGHT JOURNEY ABOARD THE NEWLY RENOVATED CRYSTAL SERENITY 

Cross continents and cultures on our immersive 2024 World Cruise. Sailing from San Diego to Miami aboard Crystal Serenity, weave through iconic destinations including Polynesia, Bali, Luxor, and the Greek Isles in 125 nights. Celebrate the world in all its breathtaking beauty and immerse yourself in unparalleled knowledge and access powered by our partners at Abercrombie & Kent. From onboard comforts to discovering enriching communities alongside like-minded travelers, this voyage offers a chance to see the unseen side of the world’s most coveted destinations. 

map

VOYAGE PREVIEW

Your voyage begins in Miami or in San Diego, sailing you around the world in 125 or 141 nights. Take a look at our curated itineraries that promise to immerse you in famed wonders, heritage sites, and iconic landscapes. From exploring the Pyramids of Egypt, to snorkeling in the waters of Bali. 

bora bora

SAN DIEGO TO MIAMI

125 NIGHTS
62 DESTINATIONS
29 COUNTRIES
FEB. 3, 2024  JUNE 8, 2024

OUR AMBASSADOR

Fernando

Fernando Barroso de Oliveira has been newly appointed as Crystal’s World Cruise Ambassador. He will be hosting guests throughout the voyage, sharing his legendary advice and expertise, and making sure your every experience is exceptional. 

EXPLORE CRYSTAL SERENITY

collage

Your sophisticated home at sea, Crystal Serenity is the epitome of elegant travel. With newly renovated expansive suites, an array of social areas, and nearly one staff member per guest, Crystal Serenity offers the utmost comfort, quality, personalization and choice. Savor complimentary, world-class dining, wellness and entertainment, on this voyage of discovery. 

Benefits

WORLD CRUISE BENEFITS* 

• 5% early bird savings for bookings made before June 1, 2023. 2.5% savings on any bookings thereafter

• $1,000 air credit for the first two guests 

• $1,500 'As You Wish' credit

• Themed onboard events 

• Exclusive gala dinner

• Complimentary laundry service 

• Complimentary onboard medical visits 

• Send-off celebration

Book one of our exceptional new itineraries by contacting your travel advisor, visiting crystalcruises.com, or calling us at 1-800-446-6620. 

seahorses

This email was sent by: Crystal Cruises LTD donotreply@crystalcruises.com

2024 WORLD CRUISE BENEFITS *Benefits apply to World Cruise guests booked on any of the three itineraries: Roundtrip San Diego from February 3 – June 24, 2024 for 141 nights; Roundtrip Miami from January 18 – June 8, 2024 for 141 nights; or San Diego to Miami from February 3 – June 8, 2024 for 125 nights. $1,000 air credit will be provided in the form of savings off the full World Cruise fare for up to two people on the reservation. Crystal Society members, or past guests of Crystal Cruises, are eligible for a 5% savings off the total World Cruise fare through June 1, 2023. Crystal Society members will receive a 2.5% savings on any World Cruise bookings made  after June 1, 2023. $1,500 ‘As You Wish’ credit is per person up to two people on the reservation. Free doctor visits onboard do not include medications, extended treatment or shoreside treatments/facilities.

Edited by Stickman1990

I just looked at the WC email Crystal sent out.  It's not identified, but it looks like it contains a render of what I'm guessing is the dining room formerly known at Prego.  Again, quite the update, and the Olive Garden look is gone.    

• Like 2

While is a benefit over normal Crystal cruises free laundry is hardly a unique - it’s standard on all Regent cruises these days and for anyone with 100 nights or more on Silversea (which a World Cruise would get you) - I’d say it’s table stakes on most luxury lines these days 

On 4/13/2023 at 8:58 PM, oakridger said:

Did Old Crystal World Cruises offer complementary laundry?

~Nancy

Nancy while it was an addition to WC 2022 and 2023 as CruisePlan mentioned although not mentioned in the Press Release it is one of the amenities for WC 2024 which is shown in my last post along with covering basic medical visits.  I am glad both of these which were recent new additions to Old Crystal have been incorporated by New Crystal  as part of WC 2024 and I know the vast majority of World Cruisers will appreciate both.

Keith

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

$1500 shipboard credit for world cruise.

I'm curious.  For those who have booked a new Crystal cruise...what if any shipboard credit was provided by Crystal (NOT your TA) and how long is your cruise? 

Crystal Society $250.00 per person regardless of length so if a back to back, etc $250.00 per person.

When we've done World Cruises all those years amount varied.  I would say $1,500.00 is pretty good.  

Over the years some amenities changed. For example many years ago air included and category varied based on what you booked but eventually to keep cruise fare down it was removed so this Cruise Air credit is something that they didn't do the last several years we took the full world cruise.  

Keith

4 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Crystal Society $250.00 per person regardless of length so if a back to back, etc $250.00 per person.

When we've done World Cruises all those years amount varied.  I would say $1,500.00 is pretty good.  

Over the years some amenities changed. For example many years ago air included and category varied based on what you booked but eventually to keep cruise fare down it was removed so this Cruise Air credit is something that they didn't do the last several years we took the full world cruise.  

Keith

Hmmm.  If the shipboard credit is $250 regardless of length then the World Cruise credit (for the shortest world cruise, San Diego to Miami) should be $2000 since that is eight back to back cruises. The Miami to Miami WC would be nine back to back cruises.  

Admittedly nitpicking here:

Assume a couple wanted to book the world cruise Miami to Miami in an aquamarine suite.  They could book the given rate on the website at $94,900 per person and receive $1500 shipboard credit.

Or they could book San Diego to Miami at $85,300 and receive all world cruise benefits including shipboard credit of $1500.  Then book San Diego to Miami for 10,300 less 5% for back to back credit equals $9785 and receive additional $250 shipboard credit. 

Assuming they spent all of the shipboard credit, they would end up $65 per person ahead by booking the two separately rather than the Miami to Miami World Cruise. 

All this assumes my math is correct. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

Hmmm.  If the shipboard credit is $250 regardless of length then the World Cruise credit (for the shortest world cruise, San Diego to Miami) should be $2000 since that is eight back to back cruises. The Miami to Miami WC would be nine back to back cruises.  

I think you are overthinking this.

We have back to backs and get $250.00 per person.  One is around 25 days. If I had four back to backs I would still get $250.00 per person.

When I think back to other World Cruises this $1,500 per person seems very right to me. Some we got the same. Some less. One time more but that I think was 2010 when the economy was still in  the toilet.

I went to back to our last few world cruises just to double check and as I suspected this is precisely in the ball park.  I also found 2020 WC and that was $2,000 per room so higher for solos but less for couples compared to 2023. No Air Credit though compared to now.

Keith

Keith, the 2022 world cruise credit was $2000.  The 2012 WC credit was several times higher.  I want to say $7000....but Crystal was not all inclusive back then.

We have air credit now, but no baggage allowance as before. 

Eh, I'm just playing with numbers.   No big deal.  I still file my taxes in writing.  It helps me figure out where the changes are.  Same with cruise pricing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, History&Wine said:

Admittedly nitpicking here:

Assume a couple wanted to book the world cruise Miami to Miami in an aquamarine suite.  They could book the given rate on the website at $94,900 per person and receive $1500 shipboard credit.

Or they could book San Diego to Miami at $85,300 and receive all world cruise benefits including shipboard credit of $1500.  Then book San Diego to Miami for 10,300 less 5% for back to back credit equals $9785 and receive additional $250 shipboard credit. 

Assuming they spent all of the shipboard credit, they would end up $65 per person ahead by booking the two separately rather than the Miami to Miami World Cruise. 

All this assumes my math is correct. 

You do like to do the math. 

I looked at our last cruise before the full world cruise and don't see a back to back savings on the cruise before the full world cruise so don't think you'd get that one.  But who knows.

Good thing I don't hand write my taxes because no one could read it. Oh maybe that's better.

Keith

35 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

Keith, the 2022 world cruise credit was $2000.  The 2012 WC credit was several times higher.  I want to say $7000....but Crystal was not all inclusive back then.

We have air credit now, but no baggage allowance as before. 

Eh, I'm just playing with numbers.   No big deal.  I still file my taxes in writing.  It helps me figure out where the changes are.  Same with cruise pricing. 

Dwight the other thing is at one point they eliminated the airfare and lowered the credit but lowered the cruise fare.

I believe they were trying to make the cruise fare more attractive.

Now you can take total fare for each cruise take out the value of airfare if 2012 had air, take out credits and get a per diem pricing and then do this for the other years.  Or you might figure out a better approach to get this to apples to apples.

Then of course there is inflation. And whatever else.

And yes then you have inclusive to deal with.

My head is spinning.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

Some details of the world Cruise need to be firmed up.  Istanbul is a prime example.  The day by day itinerary for the world cruise shows a two hour stop in Istanbul which can't be right because Istanbul is the end of one segment.  Not enough time to embark and disembark passengers. 

The world cruise brochure shows 7 am to 6 pm (11 hours).  I hope Crystal allocates as much time as possible to Istanbul.  It is a port most cruises allocate an overnight stop. 

10 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Some details of the world Cruise need to be firmed up.  Istanbul is a prime example.  The day by day itinerary for the world cruise shows a two hour stop in Istanbul which can't be right because Istanbul is the end of one segment.  Not enough time to embark and disembark passengers. 

The world cruise brochure shows 7 am to 6 pm (11 hours).  I hope Crystal allocates as much time as possible to Istanbul.  It is a port most cruises allocate an overnight stop. 

Do you have a link to the brochure?

Three Special events for World Cruisers has been released.  There will be a

Return to the Shire in Matamata, New Zealand

An evening at the Palazzo Reale in Naples Italy

and a Bollywood Extravaganza in Mumbai, India

The Return to the Shire looks similar to an event I enjoyed on the 2015 World Cruise.  Absolutely fabulous!!  It was the best (by far) world cruise shore event I have experienced with Crystal.  Old Crystal always had two shore events.  New Crystal will have these three. 

A link to the descriptions:

https://www.crystalcruises.com/world-cruise

(scroll down once you are on the page) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Three Special events for World Cruisers has been released.  There will be a

Return to the Shire in Matamata, New Zealand

An evening at the Palazzo Reale in Naples Italy

and a Bollywood Extravaganza in Mumbai, India

The Return to the Shire looks similar to an event I enjoyed on the 2015 World Cruise.  Absolutely fabulous!!  It was the best (by far) world cruise shore event I have experienced with Crystal.  Old Crystal always had two shore events.  New Crystal will have these three. 

A link to the descriptions:

https://www.crystalcruises.com/world-cruise

(scroll down once you are on the page) 

Looks terrific.  I haven't seen three special shore-side events in many years.  I remember one-time this was done out of ten world cruises we were on.  For us that was in 2008.

Keith