Cruising at Thanksgiving

FizzyBlue

We sailed on Silhouette  last thanksgiving. Not many kids at all. A couple were staff officer children and a few others. Typically on X if cruise is 8 days or longer then not many kids unless Christmas week, You do not notice them. 

Depends, the 7 day ones might have kids since it just covers a week over thanksgiving, sunday to sunday etc.  The longer cruises that cover 9plus days I have found pretty kid free, except the one I took once over Christmas new years, never again.   

• Like 1

Soltice to Mexico this past Thanksgiving had LOTS of kids and family groups. Capt said around 250 kids. We generally don’t cruise on vacation times and were very surprised how many activities were geared to that group.  Sky Lounge was packed most days, instead of being our quiet place to read.  

• Thanks 1

I've done Thanksgiving several times and it is always a full ship. Living in FL makes it super easy to cruise that week and not have to hit the airport mess.

I had heard there were about 200 kids on board but no one could confirm the actual number. I only noticed lots of kids on the last sea day by the pool. There were several events around the pool area which included a parade of the staff and dancers so it attracted a large crowd in general. The parade ended with the Captain telling us the ship was at 90% capacity for the 1st time since cruising returned.

I had to yell at a teenager in Luminae 1 night. There was a cart with sweets set up in the corner and the staff would bring whatever you wanted. This kid goes over to the cart and starts picking up treats with his hands ignoring multiple sets of tongs. Then as he is standing over the cart, starts chewing said treats. *****!!! So yes, I have become that old lady that now yells at teens in public. Sorry, not sorry. Other than those 2 instances I didn't really notice the kids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1