New website.

Riocca

I'm able to view and book most of the cruise shore excursions for my upcoming cruise in July. Some of the excursions have no descriptions whatsoever.  They also completely skipped putting in shore excursions for one port.  So amateurish. 

• Like 1

Question regarding the support form...

I filled it out completely, checked the "I agree" box, then scrolled down to click on the "Submit" button. To my surprise, there wasn't one - only a "Get Help" button! I clicked on that & it took me to a blank page - no confirmation of it being sent or anything!

Has anyone else run into this problem?

16 minutes ago, betsey said:

I'm able to view and book most of the cruise shore excursions for my upcoming cruise in July. Some of the excursions have no descriptions whatsoever.  They also completely skipped putting in shore excursions for one port.  So amateurish. 

That is progress compared to us. Sailing on May 28.  No ability to book shore excursions and itinerery still says that we are going to Romania and Bulgaria.  But we are just going to hope for the best when we board in a few weeks.

23 hours ago, laurieb said:

Perhaps your agent can email their bdm.  If they’re trying today, Azamara is closed on Sunday 

My agent knows they are closed on Sundays.  But, thank you.  She was trying all last week.  She has tried emailing and no response.  

• Like 1

This is looking like progress.  My B to B cruises have shown up on the website and it says I can book excursions whooopi….. but not so fast….. if I click on the manage my booking tab, I go to a blank page……..oh well, still progress, I think

Edited by crusinbanjo
  • Like 2

After submitting multiple forms and emailing the Loyalty email address with NO response, I finally called this morning at 7:30am PDT.  I received a call back at 3:45pm.  I was calling about our incorrect loyalty level.  We moved up 2 levels on the last cruise in December to Discoverer and should have 4 free nights, which I want to book when we get on board in 2 weeks.  All I got was customer service was "It's an IT issue and there is nothing we can do or update.  BUT, they will have the correct information on-board."  Forgive me if I'm sceptical.

Well, I guess when we get on board in 13 days, I'll make sure I can either book with the on board discount/free nights or get something in writing that we were on board and could not book for XYZ reason and that we should be able to whenever everything gets fixed...I was in IT, I find it unbelievable that this was allowed to happen - I don't care HOW bad the data was.  You don't go live with something in this state!

Has ANYONE gotten anything fixed by sending in the form??

12 hours ago, betsey said:

For my cruise in October I can see the excursions but in every port it is the same excursion repeated multiple times. The cost has also gone up dramatically since I looked at these same excursions prior to the transitions. I am unable to use my OBC to book. At this stage we will probably organise our own excursions

6 hours ago, NicNata said:

For my cruise in October I can see the excursions but in every port it is the same excursion repeated multiple times. The cost has also gone up dramatically since I looked at these same excursions prior to the transitions. I am unable to use my OBC to book. At this stage we will probably organise our own excursions

You won’t be @ble to use your OBC to book excursions on line at the moment - that was one of the points Carol Cabezas made in her email.

• Like 2

To answer an earlier question, yes I was able to add my “Upcoming Cruise” by filling out the online form and clicking “Get Help”.  It took a couple of weeks.

My final payment was due in April.  As of the end of last week, my travel agent can’t process it.  I’m not willing to pay it myself on Azamara via my login, because there is only the option to pay “in full” - the wrong amount.  
I understand they aren’t auto-canceling for late payment right now.  But I also can’t add shorex’s or transfers, presumably because of the outstanding balance.

I’d be interested to hear if anyone with an older reservation has been able to make payments on the new system,

This is truly getting to be more frustrating than it should be.  I've sent in 3 support forms and did receive an e-mail this morning stating everything had been fixed.  LOL!  Well nothing has changed.

We have 5 cruises booked with them.  My husband has 3 of them showing and I have nothing.  Don't have several accounts so that can't be a problem like stated in the e-mail the other day from Carol C. saying this is a problem for many people. 

I like the cruise line and have enjoyed all of our cruises with them in the past.  Just frustrating to get an e-mail that is totally untrue.  My loyalty points don't even show up so no way of knowing if they have them correct or not. 

Have waited to post anything because others on here are more knowledgeable than I am about the operations.  We have had such a good experience with them but this is truly casting a shadow over everything.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hulagirl said:

This is truly getting to be more frustrating than it should be.  I've sent in 3 support forms and did receive an e-mail this morning stating everything had been fixed.  LOL!  Well nothing has changed.

We have 5 cruises booked with them.  My husband has 3 of them showing and I have nothing.  Don't have several accounts so that can't be a problem like stated in the e-mail the other day from Carol C. saying this is a problem for many people. 

I like the cruise line and have enjoyed all of our cruises with them in the past.  Just frustrating to get an e-mail that is totally untrue.  My loyalty points don't even show up so no way of knowing if they have them correct or not. 

Have waited to post anything because others on here are more knowledgeable than I am about the operations.  We have had such a good experience with them but this is truly casting a shadow over everything.

Same here. Got a canned e-mail response today that my account and cruises are now updated and correct. Not even close. Doesn't Azamara realize this untrue statement is creating more ill will than total silence?

I agree with you, I like Azamara and enjoy the cruises, very much. But, enough is enough.

• Like 5

After submitting a couple of the support forms, I received an email today stating that my issue about seeing my upcoming cruises had been resolved (NOT the issue I had submitted). When I logged on, I saw that I now have TWO Panama Canal cruises with different reservation and cabin numbers (same cruise) and my loyalty level is now Adventurer with zero points. Oh, and with a new loyalty number. Just keeps getting better and better!

Edited by Mackdogmolly
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

After submitting a couple of the support forms, I received an email today stating that my issue about seeing my upcoming cruises had been resolved (NOT the issue I had submitted). When I logged on, I saw that I now have TWO Panama Canal cruises with different reservation and cabin numbers (same cruise) and my loyalty level is now Adventurer with zero points. Oh, and with a new loyalty number. Just keeps getting better and better!

My TA was able to make final payment on our cruise at the end of August. But in the process of doing so, she noticed two reservations in my name. I have made no future bookings besides our August cruise. I am unable to see these “reservations” anywhere, but based on what my TA said they were, I believe these were voyages I had looked at as far as “attempting” to see cabin selection. My loyalty is incorrect, and it affects my loyalty level from Explorer to Discoverer. It appears that our November 2022 cruise points are missing. Both my DH and I have submitted “the form” numerous times with no response and no resolution. My biggest gripe at this point is the issue with OBC. Some people see it, in what I think is a strange place; Add-Ons. Others, myself included, see nothing. I should have over $1000 in OBC. I really don’t want to wait to use it until we’re onboard. I would like to book some shore excursions with it, which I know we can’t currently do! I’m not an IT person, but as a registered nurse whose hospital made several transitions with electronic documentation, this unmitigated mess would never have been tolerated. We have loved all our Azamara cruises, I look forward to the next, albeit, with guarded optimism. I hope everyone can get their issues rectified and enjoy their cruises! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kozycz said:

My TA was able to make final payment on our cruise at the end of August. But in the process of doing so, she noticed two reservations in my name. I have made no future bookings besides our August cruise. I am unable to see these “reservations” anywhere, but based on what my TA said they were, I believe these were voyages I had looked at as far as “attempting” to see cabin selection. My loyalty is incorrect, and it affects my loyalty level from Explorer to Discoverer. It appears that our November 2022 cruise points are missing. Both my DH and I have submitted “the form” numerous times with no response and no resolution. My biggest gripe at this point is the issue with OBC. Some people see it, in what I think is a strange place; Add-Ons. Others, myself included, see nothing. I should have over $1000 in OBC. I really don’t want to wait to use it until we’re onboard. I would like to book some shore excursions with it, which I know we can’t currently do! I’m not an IT person, but as a registered nurse whose hospital made several transitions with electronic documentation, this unmitigated mess would never have been tolerated. We have loved all our Azamara cruises, I look forward to the next, albeit, with guarded optimism. I hope everyone can get their issues rectified and enjoy their cruises! 

Well, in my case, the duplicate “reservations” are just offers and I haven’t yet made a deposit. But only because my TA can’t get through. I have now told him to just drop it. My remaining reservation has a final payment due next month and I will need to have a refer and receive credit applied. I’m sure my TA will have fun with THAT!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well…today’s Azamara message just said my call is being dropped, since I’ve been on hold for too long.

I guess four+ hours on hold is too long.

Called back and message said sorry lines are full.

When I called yesterday, the Az rep said they would help and I would get a call back this morning 8am central time and a corrected invoice. That didn’t happen.

It’s great that I have two phone lines, things to do, and this place to vent.

Among the errors we have: it’s showing we bought the Az insurance, but we didn’t .

Our cruise is this month.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ginabab said:

Well…today’s Azamara message just said my call is being dropped, since I’ve been on hold for too long.

I guess four+ hours on hold is too long.

Called back and message said sorry lines are full.

When I called yesterday, the Az rep said they would help and I would get a call back this morning 8am central time and a corrected invoice. That didn’t happen.

It’s great that I have two phone lines, things to do, and this place to vent.

Among the errors we have: it’s showing we bought the Az insurance, but we didn’t .

Our cruise is this month.

I’m sorry for your pain. Is this an issue that has to be sorted before your cruise?

The only shining lining I can see at this moment is we are not alone.  I know that isn't a positive thing, but thank goodness it isn't just me not showing any future cruises.  That would be even more concerning.

Ginabab I'm so sorry!  I will admit I had to laugh for a quick second on you being dropped for being on hold for too long!  Believe me I wasn't laughing at you but at the pure craziness of that.  It is truly getting more and more ridiculous. 

There is a lot of money tied up in these cruises and I would just like to see them on my account.  We also have a good amount of money for OBC and even the cruises showing for my husband it is incorrect. 

Agree it is just a canned response with those e-mails we got.  If they think that will satisfy us they are really mistaken.  I keep hoping with each day things will get better, but so far it isn't.  Good luck to all of us!

Susan

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sharing this email just for informational purposes. It means nothing as we still have a messed up booking which we hope will be rectified on board the end of May.

just a form letter with no real action behind it.

IMG_3583.jpeg

On 4/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, maggie777 said:

Was any reason given ( or rumoured ) for the change in itinerary. We are booked for Oct 2024 with 2 overnights in Israel and wondering if we will also see changes.

Maggie777,

The letter we received from Azamara four days before we boarded read as follows:

It's important to note that the security and political situation in Israel is complex and can change rapidly. While the country has taken steps to ensure the safety of its citizens and travelers, travel advisories as well as agents and security firms currently advise against visiting these areas at this time. 

As a result, we have made the necessary decision to cancel our calls to Haifa and Ashdod on this cruise and instead added new ports of calls in Egypt and Greece.  

We had been following the news before our cruise so were aware of the protests regarding the judicial overhaul (which closed Ben Gurion airport for a day two weeks before our cruise) and the clashes in Jerusalem during Passover/the last days of Ramadan.  But as you can see, the letter didn't enter into specifics. We learned from this experience to be mindful of the religious celebrations' calendar next time we try to book a trip to Israel and Palestine.  Hope your cruise goes as planned.

• Like 1

I filled out the form giving the details of our missing cruise (the others were visible from day 1) and it has at last shown up followed by an email from Azamara a few days later stating that they had updated our account and we should now be able to see our cruise.

Our loyalty points are still incorrect but I am now more confident that things are progressing in the right direction if they have found the cruise. But they do have a long way to go...

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 6:39 PM, Riocca said:

we can only hope that everything goes to plan.

Duhhhh?

This is a quote from post #1 in this thread on 3rd February!

Three months ago.

So far... so, so inexcusably incompetently mismanaged.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dididi said:

Maggie777,

The letter we received from Azamara four days before we boarded read as follows:

It's important to note that the security and political situation in Israel is complex and can change rapidly. While the country has taken steps to ensure the safety of its citizens and travelers, travel advisories as well as agents and security firms currently advise against visiting these areas at this time. 

As a result, we have made the necessary decision to cancel our calls to Haifa and Ashdod on this cruise and instead added new ports of calls in Egypt and Greece.  

We had been following the news before our cruise so were aware of the protests regarding the judicial overhaul (which closed Ben Gurion airport for a day two weeks before our cruise) and the clashes in Jerusalem during Passover/the last days of Ramadan.  But as you can see, the letter didn't enter into specifics. We learned from this experience to be mindful of the religious celebrations' calendar next time we try to book a trip to Israel and Palestine.  Hope your cruise goes as planned.

Thank you for your reply and explanation of the cancellation of Israeli ports. We were there late 2022 and had 2 whirlwind day tours with a local tour company. I recently contacted this same company for bookings in 2024 and they replied that they would not be able to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fortunately we have no AZ cruises booked.  Our loyalty points continue to be incorrect.  The booking software is awful.  Once you select a cabin category it assigns a cabin #. I have been unable to find a way to change it or see an interactive deck plan.  How does AZ expect to prosper if the customers are unable to communicate with them, book a cabin of choice, and pay for the cruise???

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

Fortunately we have no AZ cruises booked.  Our loyalty points continue to be incorrect.  The booking software is awful.  Once you select a cabin category it assigns a cabin #. I have been unable to find a way to change it or see an interactive deck plan.  How does AZ expect to prosper if the customers are unable to communicate with them, book a cabin of choice, and pay for the cruise???

It is possible to choose a cabin, though I’m not sure if it shows you all the cabins available. Firstly if you sign in before you search it helps by entering your details, you then only have to enter the second person’s name. Once you choose your type of cabin & press Book it takes you to a page that has a line above it headed Category with a paper/pencil icon at the end.

FB8C13E6-15C6-49C6-90D4-69A3B3279F36.thumb.png.f18957eb41e3e79ea1460081d5a54bc4.png

If you click on the paper/pencil icon you get the option to choose cabin. Click that & it brings up the cabins available in list view or map view.

8EA61132-8A65-4D09-A5F0-034F0A2C63F6.thumb.png.edbb3315062ba04e7b803debdbada802.png

43DFC1FC-249E-439A-9D17-ABE78358A885.thumb.png.6f518de9687367dcb49061b85a96d61d.png

As I said I’m not confident that it’s ALL available cabins, but it does give some choice

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1