Cabin Choice Help Scarlet Lady

tbmrt

I am getting ready to book a cruise on VV Scarlet Lady to Puerto Plata and Bimini.  Will get a Sea Terrace balcony cabin. (Not XL or centrally located)

Better to book cabin toward the front since most of the activities, restaurants are located there?  Other than more rocking, any other problems to watch out for if we do book in front?

Would appreciate recommendation to best cabin location.

I read that Deck 14 has lots of shade which I do not want.  

Thanks

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

I am getting ready to book a cruise on VV Scarlet Lady to Puerto Plata and Bimini.  Will get a Sea Terrace balcony cabin. (Not XL or centrally located)

Better to book cabin toward the front since most of the activities, restaurants are located there?  Other than more rocking, any other problems to watch out for if we do book in front?

Would appreciate recommendation to best cabin location.

Thanks

I personally like the aft. The galley, the dock house, the perch are all on the back. Main dining is center and aft.  You also get a small and quiet elevator bank.   The front is really only near the red room for the main shows and richards rooftop for rockstars only.

Deck 14 is shaded, noisy and hot (due to sun hitting pool deck above).  The lower floors can also be noisy. I would go for decks 10-13 aft. 

Edited by Dylan0474mac
  • Like 2

Another vote for mid to aft, decks 10-12 (no personal experience on 13).  There are eating locations in many places on the ship, but the main restaurants are mid and aft.  This is not a monster mega ship.  No place is far away or hard to get to.

My hint is to use a travel agent.  VV customer service can be a pain at times, and having someone on your side is a huge help....in addition to whatever perks you might get.

17 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Deck 14 is also directly beneath the gym and pools so you definitely do not want that deck.

Decks 10, 11, 12 puts you about halfway between the lower decks and top decks. As for the location front to back, it's a mid sized ship so it really doesn't matter where you set yourself up on the ship. We had a Cheeky Corner Suite the first time on the aft and it was lovely to walk straight up to the Galley, down to the Dock and the Wake. But super convenient to go anywhere.

In April we have a Sea Terrace about midship and in November we're going for an Insider midship Deck 10. Honestly, it's a good sized ship with things spread out so no need to really worry about a specific location to take advantage of activities or food. Work through a travel agent so you can choose the specific location or just book online via the website and the system will randomly place you somewhere on the ship. 

• Like 1

We liked our cabin so much that we requested it for the bookings we made on board.  It was available for 2 out fo 3, and for the third we got the same cabin on a lower deck.  Decks 12 and 10, mid to slightly aft.  But seriously, the ship is easy to get around in and nothing is far away. It is a very nice, medium sized ship.  We'd already realized that we like the 2500-3000 size before VV launched, and having cruises half empty was just an added bonus.  Maybe I should quit telling people how great it was. 🙂

• Like 2

I was assigned a cabin on 14 so I contacted VV through chat a few days ago and asked if I could be moved down a deck or two. The cs agent replied that she could move me down to the same spot but on 12, told me the cabin number etc. She said she'd made the change and updated my booking, but checking on both the app and website it still has my old cabin number. As I know they are prone to technical issues, I figured I'd give it a few more days to see if it updates. 

For those who have had them move your cabin, how long did it take to reflect on your booking? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, periodic itinerant said:

I

For those who have had them move your cabin, how long did it take to reflect on your booking? 

Mine showed up immediately on the web site under "my account."  I didn't check the app for a couple months!  We moved from the computer assigned room when I booked on line to the room we wanted.  Yes, I know I say to use a TA, but at the time my TA was unavailable as he was on another cruise and he told me to either wait till he got back or do it myself on line and he'd deal with it when he got back.  If you use a TA or call VV to book, you can get the room you want from the start.  Same if you rebook on board.

57 minutes ago, Jessetfan said:

I'm currently booked on the 14th deck aft. Should I give VV a call and ask to change the room down a deck or two if it's available?

In my opinion, yes.  Another deck will be quieter, and since most cruises are nowhere near full there are usually lots of cabins available to move to.  A usual goal in choosing a cabin is to be surrounded on all sides as well as above and below by other cabins.  That avoids noise from things like nightclubs, deck parties, gyms, cleaning pool decks, etc.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jessetfan said:

I'm currently booked on the 14th deck aft. Should I give VV a call and ask to change the room down a deck or two if it's available?

Absolutely, never book under or over public spaces.  (Learned this the hard way on Oceanic).

curisedeckplans dot com is a good site for deck plans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raphael360 said:

Absolutely, never book under or over public spaces.  (Learned this the hard way on Oceanic).

curisedeckplans dot com is a good site for deck plans.

Thanks for the advice! I'll give them a call this week. I've been under the pool deck once before on Carnival, and it wasn't a problem, but this cruise will be our first on Virgin and my friend's first cruise ever, so I definitely want it to be a good experience.

• Like 1