Queen Anne

Hoveto

Is it my reading of the deck plan or has Queen Anne not got as much open deck space as QE and QV. it looks to me that open deck space is very limited especially when you consider the increased number of passengers.

With her limited outdoor deck space is she a good choice for a world cruise which has lots of sea days. I usually take long cruises (over 40 days) and enjoy the promenade deck and some time on the sun decks. The QV and QE have been great but I’m nervous to book Queen Anne. Members views would be appreciated.

There appears to be a reasonable amount of deck space on the higher decks, or am I

missing something?

One positive is that it looks like access to the grills terrace is going to be a bit more secure, and the infinity hot tubs sound good:

Take pleasure in the sweetness of doing nothing, whiling away hours in the beautiful Grills Terrace, exclusive to guests of our Princess and Queens Grill Suites. Accessed with your suite room key, this peaceful space features two infinity hot tubs with a view out to the horizon

On 2/3/2023 at 6:37 PM, Hoveto said:

Is it my reading of the deck plan or has Queen Anne not got as much open deck space as QE and QV. it looks to me that open deck space is very limited especially when you consider the increased number of passengers.

Looks a bit like that unless you are in Grills which seems to have a decent sized area; much better than QM2 grills

There are a number of people on here who don't like its Promenade Deck (as much of it is inboard of lifeboat support structure)

6 hours ago, Hoveto said:

With her limited outdoor deck space is she a good choice for a world cruise which has lots of sea days. I usually take long cruises (over 40 days) and enjoy the promenade deck and some time on the sun decks. The QV and QE have been great but I’m nervous to book Queen Anne. Members views would be appreciated.

How more ''secure'' and ''secure'' against what, or should that be whom?

If non Grills passengers  want to access the decks, they can, via the stairs and I guess the same on QA and if it is passengers then I know I don't ask for password and identification of my neighbours when I sit ''up there'' but in reality, how many in the Grills areas are non Grills?

26 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

How more ''secure'' and ''secure'' against what, or should that be whom?

If non Grills passengers  want to access the decks, they can, via the stairs and I guess the same on QA and if it is passengers then I know I don't ask for password and identification of my neighbours when I sit ''up there'' but in reality, how many in the Grills areas are non Grills?

A group of non grills passengers kept occupying the hot tub on QM2 on one of my TAs - while I was sitting nearby waiting for it to come free I heard them talking about being on the second sitting for dinner so I knew they weren’t in grills.  Annoyingly they were always in the hot tub at the same time each day which was when I was wanting to use it.  

On QV last November on one of the sunny days the grills terrace was rammed.  I’m assuming someone had gone and had a word with one of the stewards as just as I arrived about 10 people were asked to leave.

Regarding Queen Anne I quoted what Cunard says on their website.  Looking at the deck plans it looks like the grills terrace could end up getting busy with people walking through from the Sun bar area to the wellness studio and forward lifts, hopefully there will be some form of access control to prevent this happening.

35 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I have no idea  who is/isn't travelling Grills and so I think the only way the Grill's terrace will remain completely ''secure'' is if the staff monitor it. Will they? Remains to be seen.

Or you have to tap your cruise card to gain access, as in the Vista lifts. Ugh.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Or you have to tap your cruise card to gain access, as in the Vista lifts. Ugh.

I have no problem with card in lift slot to access 11 and 12 but anything else is a bit OTT.

Oh well, we will see next year!

31 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

For reference this is the page I quoted from:

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/inspiration/queen-anne/open-spaces

Looking at the deck plan it would seem pointless to secure access from the lifts but leave the access from the two entrances fore and aft to the terrace open.

DCAC45F7-3065-4057-9F25-E749706B4715.jpeg

I would imagine, QA's Grills terrace will be as exclusive as the other Cunard ships' Grills areas. Read into that what you will. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I would imagine, QA's Grills terrace will be as exclusive as the other Cunard ships' Grills areas. Read into that what you will. 🙂

That’s what I’m worried about - as there are no other infinity hot tubs on board they might prove too popular! : )

19 hours ago, Se1lad said:

That’s what I’m worried about - as there are no other infinity hot tubs on board they might prove too popular! : )

Looking at the plans, it does seem as if there could be some slight barrier across perhaps operated by the dreaded cruise card. Having never been aware of interlopers myself, I don’t much care whether there is or not.

On QV, initially, the deck in front of the Grill Lounge was open to all comers.

The problem was many people  wanted to see inside, to see what they were missing, but couldn't because of the darkened glass, so would get right up to the windows and cup their hands around their eyes to peer in.

Thankfully, after many complaints they made it a Grills Deck.

On one accasion, prior to it becoming Grills, two couples turned up and not realising we all could see them, even if they couldn't see us, and thinking they were all alone, the two young ladies dispensed with their top bits of bikinis and gave us all a right eyefull!

I was considering a world cruise in 2025 on Queen Anne, but now I’ve seen the deck plans - no proper promenade deck and limited open deck space I’m going to reconsider, as there will be many sea days which I enjoy. Unfortunately QM2 is not doing a world cruise in 2025 so will have to rethink my options.

• Like 1