Queen Anne

Hoveto

5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

FDR sort of said 'there's nothing to fear but fear itself' and at the moment, that's true for some folk with respect to the new ship and to a certain extent, Cunard itself.

IF, and it's a huge IF, Cunard changes out of all recognition, we will be among those who look to Regent or Silversea etc but we are willing to be QA newbies and hope the Maiden sorts out any potential teething problems.

Hoping by the time of the Fjord cruise in June 24, many of the teething problems will be sorted.

Am quite excited by going on a new ship: loved the QM2 last October (first ever cruise/crossing with anyone) and Cunard as is seems to be about right for me. I'm not normally one for smartening up much, but enjoyed that aspect (and the reasonable requirements for non Gala nights). Food was great, service was great, ship was great, illuminations lectures were a bit disappointing though (and even at 61 I felt I was a bit young for their target market..), art lectures great (and ended up being expensive...)

Hopefully QA is similar, but a bit different...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Ok, the group has ~80 cruise ships. Adding 1 at Cunard shouldn't be an issue, though P&O/Cunard (UK based ships) combined only have 9, increasing to 10.

P&O have seven ships so if you add QA to Cunard's current fleet that will be a total of 11.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And aren’t some of the Princess ships UK based in the summer? They always seem to be in and out of Soton.

They are but not actually part of Carnival UK and only seems P&O and Cunard that swap staff around.

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

Not just him. Captain Paul Wright also went from Cunard to Princess and back, best Captain ever!

The Island of Malta might disagree 😀Didn’t QV, with Captain Wright, have a coming together with said island?

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

The Island of Malta might disagree 😀Didn’t QV, with Captain Wright, have a coming together with said island?

Thruster failed call to Tunis cancelled reaied in Malta if I recall correctly.i