Beach Club next to hotel Playa Azul?

39august

2 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is there still a beach club next door to hotel PLaya Azul, please? Haven't been there in probably 10 years, but used to go often. 

There is a small beach club at Playa Azul. There is now an entrance charge credited to food and drink.

There is Buccanos just before Playa Azul (at the old derelict hotel) and a more recent club (Islands?) was built in-between which caters to cruise excursions, jet skis etc.

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

Thanks for all this info. Been several years since we have been there. I understand where Buccanos is since you referred to the derelict hotel!  I will see if I can get more info on the newer club.

Just saw that Buccanos has a webcam now although it only seems to show the ocean conditions not the actual club area. We really like Buccanos and now the have stopped discriminating against cruisers with their charges we are more likely to return when not on land vacation. Really nice facilities although definitely tourist prices. There was a recent thread on CC and I think they may have increased their fees but credited to food and drink. I would email for current pricing.

The new club was squashed in between Buccanos and Playa Azul and seems small. I think it is a more active place. We haven’t been - seems more for families. i think you can go independently.

https://www.islandsbeachclub.com